Two Wheel Forums banner

Bandit 600 problems...

14K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mw43al 
#1 ·
I bought a 96 bandit 600 and it was treating me great for the few months that I have ridin it but now I have ran into a problem. Last night as I was comin home from work the bike would like bogg out and start slowing down. I would downshift to maintian speed but would bogg out in every gear. I thought it was cuz I had no gas or that the oil was low. I went and put gas in it the next day and checked the oil level, which was fine. I turn it on and it was running choppy. the idle wasnt steady. I shut it off then tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't start. Help I don't know what is wrong with it. Please someone help I need some advice. Thanks

#4 ·
It could be a few things causing it not to get gas, if that's the issue 1) faulty petcock, 2) sediments in tank blocking petcock inlet tubes, 3) stuck float valves.
Since it's a 96 first thing I'd do is remove the petcock and clean it and the tank, then install an inline fuel filter. Put it on PRIME and see if fuel flows threw the line - remove the line from the carbs and put it in a jar or something else to catch the gas. If that works the next step would be to remove the carbs and clean out the bowls and the float valve. As long as you have the carbs apart clean them as long as you have the mechanical ability to put them together properly and adjust & synchronize them afterward.

#5 ·
Bandit 600 problem *help please

Hello everyone,
I have problems with my bandit 600. When its cold weather or it stand for few hours the bike starts very very hard and cutting off.
Also after few minutes of warming when i add throttle its just cutting off, so i need to ride with choke about 10 minutes.

Recently i changed sparkplugs and engine oil.
Can this be problem with air filter? I also tried to start the bike without air filter, but nothing changed..
Also i can't set idle speed above 900rpm.
i also noticed that the bike work bad only in low rpm. 0-3000. At 3500 and more it works perfecrly fine.

Please help, i'm lost.

HERE IS LINK TO VIDEO OF MY BIKE WITH PROBLEM:
http://youtu.be/jh0wtic3ecs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.