Two Wheel Forums banner

WOW Motorcycles - Atlanta

27K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  SM Guy 
#1 ·
Any info on them? what's the scoop? reputable? good sales folks? how are hte bikes (from the look of their website the selection is phenomenal). wondering if it's worth buyin' something from them, just not sure about the whole used-bike thing not coming from an individual seller...... don't know as much history (drops/whatever).

#10 ·
too funny. yeah, i wrenched the entire frontend of mine back together after 'the corner incident.'

i only trust CF for ownership changes and major stuff. ya still have to keep you eyes open when buying.

back to the original question: i was just surprised that they tracked bikes.

i know all the previous owners of mine, but would be curious to see the history. i'm an official info-whore.

the big question is (totally off topic), did anyone every check the valve clearance? my guess is no. at 21,500mi (+10% for the odo correction), i think it's about time that i do it.

allllllllright, one more question. I know it is essentially free to do it myself, but what kind of range would i be looking at a stealership or indy garage for an aircool, inline 4? my guess is $500 (5hrs labor?)

#12 ·
Toner you :jacked: 'ing :gary:

Alright, i'll go w/ Rae (ty Doll) and skip that place.... might just go buy my bike new anyways...... Never had a new one. This whole 'break in' thing is gonna be kinda interesting.

#15 ·
I've shopped there several times (never purchased), and I know a guy that bought his bike there. My $0.02 is this: sales folks are friendly, and were never pushy with me. There are a lot of ragged out bikes there, so beware. The person I know that bought his bike there was happy with the experience, and was impressed at how thorough the out the door prep was. Bottom line is, they are a great option if you are not sure what kind of bike you want. If you have a specific bike that you are looking for, you can probably do better with a private seller, as their prices are a little on the high side. Good luck!

#17 ·
to answer your question, my ex bought an RC51 and adored it, but when it came time to register it here in FL it turns out the bike had been totaled, rebuilt, the title washed through a few other states and was unregisterable in the state of FL...all this after we had been assured NUMEROUS times the bike was mint!!

I pulled a carfax and BAM, right there I could see all the **** that the bike had been through.

We called the dealer and at first they were astonished and said they would be happy to take care of the entire issue, well, then they changed their minds and tried to tell us it was our problem!! That we needed to drive the 6 hours BACK up to ATL to return it and they would prorate our refund based on the length of time we had the bike, yadda yadda...

Needless to say, I was livid and pretty much told them what I thought of them, and I would have my attorney contact them immediately and they could pay for both trips to ATL, the hotel stay, and my time and trouble.

At that point they said they would send us a full refund and have someone come get the bike.

So, needless to say, I would never recommend anyone buy a bike there without pulling a carfax first or making them do one with you right there!!

Hope that was helpful! :dthumb:

#19 ·
mint means clean and running not not salvaged you should know for those prices they are rebuilds just like myrtle west back home you can find a good rebuilt bike for the low but just can't register in every state and they should tell that before though that was unfair

#20 ·
NO NO NO NO NO NO. Don't go to WOW. Way overpriced and the bikes are peiced together. Apparently they buy wrecked bikes and peice them together.

I'm on a Georgia Sportbike Forum and no one has anything good to say about them. It's a good place to sit on a bike to see how it feels but not buy. Basically if you want a high mileage Katana 600 from 2000. You're looking at $4k atleast.

If you are in the Atlanta area I've heard nothing but good from Value Cycle. Or Valucycle. Something like that. They are in Conyers about 20miles east of Atlanta.

#21 ·
WOW is NOT the place to buy from! Its great for comparison shopping, as they have one of the largest and most diverse invetories in the South. However, yes they do piece bikes together, and yes you will pay a premium over real market value for the bike....but for some, that extra nickle is worth it for instant gratification when you have spring fever.

I bought a pretty clean 2001 zx6e from them that had been pieced back together, but it never gave me any real trouble. Just be smart about your purchase, and avoid their financing plans.

#22 ·
but for some, that extra nickle is worth it for instant gratification when you have spring fever.
One thing I heard about WOW was anyone can get financed there. And for a 18-21 year old with no credit they are about the only place to go.

When I tried to get financed I couldn't get approved for anything. Even with a 680 credit score and willing to put $2000 down on a $5300otd KLR650. I just had 1 thing on my credit which was a co-sign for a vehicle.

Honestly if I went there and they approved me I wouldn't have thought twice about it even with their history. I almost got a 07 Yamaha FZ6 with a 21% interest rate through Yamaha's 1st time buyers program. I had enough will to not do it but I searched for 1month searching for a dual sport with no luck. A month after that I searched for a SV650 with no luck at all. Then I was ready for anything with 2wheels. Finally I got a used bike for $1500 cash but got lucky with that.

But if you can get approved avoid WOW

#23 ·
Dont do WOW

I Live in ATL and have been to WOW, when I was looking to buy a bike they are over priced and will not relent on the cost at all not even $500 they wont budge! and Im talking even with cash money. ended up getting my bike thru cycle trader, U can find great deals there. Dont Do WOW!

#24 ·
WOW Does Not Sell "Put Together" bikes!!!

OK, I know guys at WOW and I know for sure that they don't have a single salvage/wrecked bike in their inventory.
70% of their bikes are MINT condition, 20% are average, and another 10% are value bikes that have some damage (no salvage, no bent forks…)
Yes, WOW is a dealer and they sell bikes for a profit, duh... You may find bike on the street cheaper, but it will not be all checked out and ready to ride. Bike on the street may also have salvage title, it may have a huge lean on it, it may need 2nd. Geer, seals, motor… During season, sport bikes are prices higher due to high demand. Cruisers, dual-sports, and touring bikes are well priced all year long.
WOW Motorcycles Sell Clean Used Bikes!!! Please prove me wrong:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.