Two Wheel Forums banner

SV TRE/TPS Mod

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Trip 
#1 ·
Anyone done either of these mods? I just got done doing the TPS mod and that was no fun at all. I already made my resistor, but am real hesistant about doing the TRE mod. I have found some TRE mods that are a little bit different that say they don't cause problems found in the resistor mod, but it costs $70+ as opposed to my 25 cent resistor mod. I also don't have to try to pry wires out if I go with the premade connector mod, which is always a plus since I don't want to damage the wiring harness which would cost a f*ckload more to replace...

I already notice a big difference by just doing the TPS mod, I can't wait to do the TRE mod, so I can get a little more down low power.

TRE = Timing Retard Eliminator
TPS = Throttle Position Sensor

both mods can be found on www.sv650.org, the TRE mod premade can be found on eBay.

#2 ·
Ok got the TRE mod on there with just my resistor setup. These two mods I think are a must do for SV owners. The torque down low is nicer than ever and it is silky smooth at low RPMs instead of that normal pop it does when it reaches it's stock setting.

#12 ·
Yeah, my organization at work use to be called TPS. We heard that joke all the time... I swear it never got old.... LOL!

The TPS mod is a throttle positioning thing. It fools the FI into giving it more gas at lower rpms.

#13 · (Edited)
smart TRE, turns off when the bike is in neutral. I will post pics of mine tomorrow. The transistor is a 2222 or similar...

The blue and b/w wire can be paralleled off the main wires, the blue has to be in parallel or the bike will never know it's in neutral, the pink wire has to be broken off completely from the main circuit. It connects directly to the female side of the connector which is a male wire connector that will fit in a female spade clip. Just follow the connections from the TRE instruction from sv650.org but the base of the transistor with the 47k resistor has to be paralleled to the blue wire.

#14 ·
If anyone of you second gen SV guys want one of these, I will sell you one for cost. Although I accept no responsibility for any problems you have installing or if it does something wacky to the bike :wredx:, you also void your warranty by doing this, but it is easy removable. I will post a pic of mine when I get back to the office.

#17 ·
jeeps84 said:
Most all mods void warranty if the shop doesn't like you or the job at hand. If you have anything more than a slip-on. Take that stuff off before taking it to the shop for warranty work.
yeah this is easily removable. I think slipons for the SV void the warranty because you have to cut the stock pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.