Two Wheel Forums banner

Naked is Buelltiful!!! Pics of My New Ride - 56k DEATH!!!

15K views 48 replies 22 participants last post by  logan1 
#1 ·
After a bath...

It's amazing how many more nooks and crannies this thing has compared to my Ninj... Naked is lovely... AND A PAIN IN THE ASS TO CLEAN!!!

After taking off the reflectors, passenger crap, and adjusting the suspension... I also took off the rear hugger/belt guard... IMO the guard is only to keep passengers feet out of the belt (afterall, with the belt rotating in that direction, nothing is going to get sucked into it) and the hugger didn't really do chit to stop the dirt/water... hell, it was cleaner than my undertail!!! That being said, black bike = no more riding in the rain.

See less See more
#5 ·
The body panels are easy... It's all the textured plastic stuff that is a pain... Little tiny places where you can't get a finger in, but you can see dirt... :cursin: I was out there with a toothpick wrapped in a rag... It was ridiculous...

You may regret getting rid of the hugger in the rain. Rooster tail your back pretty damn good. Shorten that fender and you will be good to go.
My ass got totally soaked anyway... These things throw up a lot of wet... Remember when you rode your bicycle through puddles as a kid? Yeah, that's how the back of my jacket and ass looked like yesterday... That being said, I am going to avoid the rain at all costs...

PB is blocked but I know what they look like. And yeah black nakeds suck to keep clean but they look :drool: when they are all polished up.
Myspace blocked? I am uploading pics on there in a second...

#7 ·
So I took off all the stickers, but there are two of these... One has the VIN, mfg date, and whatnot on it and the other has other crap on it... Should I take these off too? They are barely visible so they aren't bothering me, but I'd like to get rid of them at the same time... I figure it won't matter because the VIN is stamped onto the frame... :idk:

Just got off the horn with State Farm... 500cc to 1200cc is an extra $98/year... and she said that it will probably go down because they are readjusting their rates! I love SF!!!

#25 ·
:lol: that cracked me up

yea they make chain conversions, which seem to be manditory for the racing classes. Plus buell just released the XBRR swingarm which is setup for chaindrive and adjustable axle, also the XBRR front caliper, slipper clutch, and ohlins steering damper. According to the newest Fuell magazine anyhow :readng:

The XBRR is insane. I didn't know the RR had a slipper.

#34 ·
wait!?! they had a XBRR ! :drool: :cheers:

that sticker is the only one i left on my bike, only because it has all the bikes info on it like mfg date, vin, color codes, engine size... all that crap

#41 ·
Yeah, I will stop up there this weekend to take pics for youse guys to drool over...

Absolutely sweet freakin bike! :drool:

Belts started to be used by HD to eliminate chain noise.

revs have NOTHING to do with it! Those revs are completely irrelivant once the power goes thru the tranny!!!

cough...um... NO

My chop runs a belt!! And it puts down like 117hp and 117 torque. And besides, its the torque that will eat up belts not horsepower!

Leave them on. Those aren't that bad and they are hidden near the neck.
:thx2:

The pics and the bike look great!
I'd leave the stickers on the bike....

I am suprised Buell hasn't gone to a digital dash yet, and for that big of a bike the speedo doesn't go up all that high.:2cents:
I like the analog dash... The sweeping needle says angry machine to me...

:dthumb:

glad to see you stepping up...now what the hell is marko waiting on....:scratch:
:idk:

looks good. take ALL the stickers off.

that's a lightning long, isn't it? sweet!
Yup... '07 XB12Ss...

Cash, motherF$#Ker. Cash.

That was below the belt.
We need to start a 'Buy Marko a Buell' fund... Right after we complete the "Pay Off OSP's Debt" fund...

#48 ·
i would leave the stickers, some states are real particular about these items. might save you alot of trouble in the future. i couldn't register my ole shovel head in fla because the frame wasn't numbered only the motor. harley didn't start stamping thier frames until aorund 68' i think. i have an older frame with a 75 fxe motor in it and the title is numbered off my crankcase. alabama has no problem registering it though. just my :2cents:

btw bike looks very good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.