i planned on buying the kawasaki 250r 2008

which was for 3,500

ok so anyway

i give allstate insurance a call

I tell them my age and where i live

i give them the bike model and year and engine cc

and then

son you looking at 5000 a year for full and 1200 for liability

can someone tell me what the **** was that? i never knew insurance would be THAT MUCH

also - i got an online quote from some company named BikelinE Motorcycle / ATV Insurance

and it came out to 11 thousand dollars a year

Uhm

can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

who do i call for cheap rates

I am just looking to travel to work and go places instead of taking the stupid mta train that suck and is crowded all the time and filled with muggers and drunks

See less See more
#13 ·
When I was 17 I was quoted 7k a year for a 2005 GSX-R600. When I was 18 I paid about $50 a month for liability only on Buell Blast.

Today, I'm 19 and 3.1k was the lowest quote for full coverage on an 07 GSX-R600. We'll see what I end up paying for the f4i I just bought.

I'm a female, I have a gpa of 3.5 and I took an MSF course so I do have some discounts. I also have two tickets for 15 over on my record.

Just my experience. If you're financing a bike, get full coverage. Unless it's 7k a year. Then it's a waste of money IMHO.

#5 ·
At 17 your still considered high risk. Your insurance rates probably won't drop until you turn 25 or so, and they will still be ridiculous because its a sportbike. I would recommend at least getting theft insurance. My friend had an 06 gsxxr 600 stolen and had liability only. He is still paying on that bike and has 8000 left for a bike he doesn't even have anymore. The police also still have not found the bike.

#9 ·
Keep shopping around.....you're going to run into some
high rates due to your age, lack of experience and location.

What is your driving history like?

Also, keep in mind that you don't HAVE to get collision. A lot
of people just take that risk.

I am 28 have been riding for over 5 years, own a house and my rate
is 600/year with everything on a 06' GSXR. I also have a reckless on my
driving history :)wbs: charge)

I recently moved to MA from NH where the same policy was over $1200/year.
So, each state has different rates.

Good luck.

#10 ·
Being a girl, I get SUPER cheap rates. I went with Progressive for liability only for $162 per year. That's $13.50 per month. Pretty sweet.

I'm 21, I live in Missouri and I ride a 1992 Suzuki GS500.
When I was 17, I called Allstate (it's what I parents have) and got quoted for $600 a year for the 600cc sport bike class. Not sure how new bikes/being a guy/being in NY affects things though.

#12 ·
Being a girl, I get SUPER cheap rates. I went with Progressive for liability only for $162 per year. That's $13.50 per month. Pretty sweet.

I'm 21, I live in Missouri and I ride a 1992 Suzuki GS500.
When I was 17, I called Allstate (it's what I parents have) and got quoted for $600 a year for the 600cc sport bike class. Not sure how new bikes/being a guy/being in NY affects things though.
I highlighted the important things. Big City = $$, 17 = $$, new bike = $$, full fairings = $$

#18 ·
I'm 17 too and was looking at the 250r too. I went online at Progressive and Geico, and Progressive gave me the lowest quote of ~$500 / year.

I live in southern California. (and have a clean record) But I didn't get full coverage. Pretty much the lowest coverage of everything if at all. Because I figure with price tag of just under $4k, I don't want to pay a couple times over of the cost of the bike for a years worth of insurance.
:2cents:

#19 ·
Bad Combination

Sorry to hear about your quote, man. Sport bike, teenager and a big city, we have the same disadvantage here in Toronto, Ontario. You may want to try a super-moto many insurance companies classify them as dual sports, so the insurance will be way down. You will still have performance, manuverability and in the big shitty, the suspension travel will save you thousands of kicks in the ass. The Suzuki DRZ400sm may be a good bet.

Good Luck,

Enduro Motorcycles Blog

#20 ·
I'm an 18f in central jersey and my used 05 zx6r was 1300 for full coverage a year, liability only (thats the minimum) is 500 a year. I think ur just not lookin at the right companies? you're not lookin to insure a 600 so even though i know our rates are higher being young and around the tristate area, you shouldn't be paying 3gs a year??? tri rider insurance, also if u have accident history that makes ur rates a ton worse...btw...geico sucks for bikes don't evne bother with them...try progressive also

#21 ·
General

I appreciate the concern which is been rose. The things need to be sorted out because it is about the individual but it can be with everyone. I like this
particular article It gives me an additional input on the information around the world Thanks a lot and keep going with posting such information. The above statement is seen to be contradictory. The situation is very critical and need an experience complainer to resolve it. Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done. This conversation is going no where. It’s lacking the place of a good leader to head the things to come out on conclusion
======================================
Insurance Groups:whore:
:jacked::wbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.