WOW Motorcycles - Atlanta : TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums > Events & Regional Discussions > Southeast

Old 12-13-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
Amblyopic
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa
WOW Motorcycles - Atlanta

Any info on them? what's the scoop? reputable? good sales folks? how are hte bikes (from the look of their website the selection is phenomenal). wondering if it's worth buyin' something from them, just not sure about the whole used-bike thing not coming from an individual seller...... don't know as much history (drops/whatever).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #2
PlayfulGod
Banned

Motorcycle: 00 CBR F4
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
Any info on them? what's the scoop? reputable? good sales folks? how are hte bikes (from the look of their website the selection is phenomenal). wondering if it's worth buyin' something from them, just not sure about the whole used-bike thing not coming from an individual seller...... don't know as much history (drops/whatever).
never heard of em. But on the history part, you only know what they tell you anyhow.
PlayfulGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
Amblyopic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
never heard of em. But on the history part, you only know what they tell you anyhow.
that is true there sir.....

They're evidently pretty popular http://www.wowmotorcycles.com

A bro of mine down at Kandahar had been there before, but not bought from them (think he was justlooking w/ a friend, can't remember rest of the details).
Old 12-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
PlayfulGod
Banned

Quote:
that is true there sir.....

They're evidently pretty popular http://www.wowmotorcycles.com

A bro of mine down at Kandahar had been there before, but not bought from them (think he was justlooking w/ a friend, can't remember rest of the details).
the place in Chattanooga is the best place in these parts far as prices go. But their a Honda dealer I believe. Used they would have other makes tho.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
Rae
Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran

Motorcycle: SOLD-03 Honda CBR RR ('05 Engine), 2006 GSXR600
hmmm, i dont have anything nice to say about them, we had a very bad experience with them and will never buy from there again...

suffice to say, if you do buy a bike there, do a carfax before you take that sucker home!!
Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
tonered
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
hmmm, i dont have anything nice to say about them, we had a very bad experience with them and will never buy from there again...

suffice to say, if you do buy a bike there, do a carfax before you take that sucker home!!
okay, this is gonna sound stupid, but. . . carfax works for bikes also? if so, do you have an active account?
tonered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
PlayfulGod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonered View Post
okay, this is gonna sound stupid, but. . . carfax works for bikes also? if so, do you have an active account?
carfax is good if anything was filed on the insurance. I crash my bike n fix it out of pocket, how is carfax gonna know squat? And Most ppl I know do their own work on their bike, esp if its an older one.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
Crazy250
Premium Member

Motorcycle: nothing right now
they have agents everywhere... THEY KNOW
you are being watched
Old 12-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
PlayfulGod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy250 View Post
they have agents everywhere... THEY KNOW
you are being watched
Old 12-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
tonered
Rookie

too funny. yeah, i wrenched the entire frontend of mine back together after 'the corner incident.'

i only trust CF for ownership changes and major stuff. ya still have to keep you eyes open when buying.

back to the original question: i was just surprised that they tracked bikes.

i know all the previous owners of mine, but would be curious to see the history. i'm an official info-whore.

the big question is (totally off topic), did anyone every check the valve clearance? my guess is no. at 21,500mi (+10% for the odo correction), i think it's about time that i do it.

allllllllright, one more question. I know it is essentially free to do it myself, but what kind of range would i be looking at a stealership or indy garage for an aircool, inline 4? my guess is $500 (5hrs labor?)
Old 12-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #11
tonered
Rookie

Quote:
sorry Ambly
Old 12-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #12
Amblyopic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonered View Post
sorry Ambly
Toner you 'ing

Alright, i'll go w/ Rae (ty Doll) and skip that place.... might just go buy my bike new anyways...... Never had a new one. This whole 'break in' thing is gonna be kinda interesting.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #13
tonered
Rookie

Quote:
Toner you 'ing

Alright, i'll go w/ Rae (ty Doll) and skip that place.... might just go buy my bike new anyways...... Never had a new one. This whole 'break in' thing is gonna be kinda interesting.
is good right?

i'd have a good look at craigslist first. this time of year a lot of folks are trying to unload their summer buyers' remorse. there's a sweet listing for an FZ1 out here that i'm trying not to look at. we've bought new cagers in the past, and our days of that are done. cages and bikes are just built too well these dayz. unless someone really horks the break in most any used bike should be no different than a new bike. i've heard a lot of the break in specs are just there for liability issues and gives a time for the rider to ease into the bike. i'd do the same thing on a used bike or after major mods are done.

Last edited by tonered; 12-13-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #14
neebelung
TWF Board Of Directors

Motorcycle: 1995 Kawi ZX6R
Huge place, kinda strange. I was impressed with them in truth. Had a very sleazy used car lot feel to it, and I didn't hear anything good about the place from friends who live up that way.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:36 AM   #15
6doublefive321
Sportbike Junkie

I've shopped there several times (never purchased), and I know a guy that bought his bike there. My $0.02 is this: sales folks are friendly, and were never pushy with me. There are a lot of ragged out bikes there, so beware. The person I know that bought his bike there was happy with the experience, and was impressed at how thorough the out the door prep was. Bottom line is, they are a great option if you are not sure what kind of bike you want. If you have a specific bike that you are looking for, you can probably do better with a private seller, as their prices are a little on the high side. Good luck!
Occurred to her she might have a porcupine
6doublefive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #16
Amblyopic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
There are a lot of ragged out bikes there, so beware.
okay kinda what i was figuring/thinking.

I do appreciate all the assistance folks....
Old 12-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #17
Rae
Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran

Motorcycle: SOLD-03 Honda CBR RR ('05 Engine), 2006 GSXR600
to answer your question, my ex bought an RC51 and adored it, but when it came time to register it here in FL it turns out the bike had been totaled, rebuilt, the title washed through a few other states and was unregisterable in the state of FL...all this after we had been assured NUMEROUS times the bike was mint!!

I pulled a carfax and BAM, right there I could see all the **** that the bike had been through.

We called the dealer and at first they were astonished and said they would be happy to take care of the entire issue, well, then they changed their minds and tried to tell us it was our problem!! That we needed to drive the 6 hours BACK up to ATL to return it and they would prorate our refund based on the length of time we had the bike, yadda yadda...

Needless to say, I was livid and pretty much told them what I thought of them, and I would have my attorney contact them immediately and they could pay for both trips to ATL, the hotel stay, and my time and trouble.

At that point they said they would send us a full refund and have someone come get the bike.

So, needless to say, I would never recommend anyone buy a bike there without pulling a carfax first or making them do one with you right there!!

Hope that was helpful!
Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #18
Amblyopic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
So, needless to say, I would never recommend anyone buy a bike there without pulling a carfax first or making them do one with you right there!!

Hope that was helpful!
Very much so, Doll...... Thanks for all the info.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #19
Carolina
Privateer

Motorcycle: 2005 GSF500 soon some 600/cc monster
mint means clean and running not not salvaged you should know for those prices they are rebuilds just like myrtle west back home you can find a good rebuilt bike for the low but just can't register in every state and they should tell that before though that was unfair
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #20
Atlantasmittie84
Privateer

Motorcycle: 1996 Honda CBR600 F3 (Project Flying Turd)
Send a message via AIM to Atlantasmittie84
NO NO NO NO NO NO. Don't go to WOW. Way overpriced and the bikes are peiced together. Apparently they buy wrecked bikes and peice them together.

I'm on a Georgia Sportbike Forum and no one has anything good to say about them. It's a good place to sit on a bike to see how it feels but not buy. Basically if you want a high mileage Katana 600 from 2000. You're looking at $4k atleast.

If you are in the Atlanta area I've heard nothing but good from Value Cycle. Or Valucycle. Something like that. They are in Conyers about 20miles east of Atlanta.
NO MATTER HOW RESPONSIBLE HE SEEMS
NEVER GIVE YOUR GUN TO A MONKEY
Atlantasmittie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums > Events & Regional Discussions > Southeast