sportsbikes for short guys : TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums > General Riding > Beginner's Corner

Old 06-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
C_is_dope
Learning To Post

sportsbikes for short guys

Ok, so I'm 5'3 (yeahhhhhhhh ) and I do have experience riding motorcross bikes and crappy bikes and whatnot but I need some ideas on a good looking sportbike for my height. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

PS: The key word is SPORTBIKE
C_is_dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
specwolf
Squidly

short guy bikes

I don't know how much riding time you have but have you checked out the new 08 ninja 250R, I know it isn't as powerful as other bikes but it does look pretty sick to me for a shorter rider. Just to let you know I am 5'3 so I know about being to short for most bikes.
specwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
allicedout
Learning To Post

Interesting you say that, I'm getting my first bike to learn on, its a 1990 Kawasaki Ninja EX 500. Anyhow I'm 5'11" but I have short legs and a longer upper body. My jeans length is 30" if thats any indication. Anyways I have the same issue as you guys. My main concern was having both feet firmly planted on the ground when I'm on the bike. Is this generally possible or are only tall guys able to do that? Some tell me the bike height is adjustable. Any help would be great, i would like to eventually move on to a 600cc bike after i've gotten comfortable with the EX500 so this info would be good.
allicedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
brie
Sportbike Junkie

I'm 5'3" and can comfortably ride most sport bikes out there. The Daytona 675 is a little high and the Super Duke is high but neither of those are starter bikes anyways.

Look at the GS500 or the GSX650F, as well as the Ninja ex250 (looks way better than the 650r if you ask me) and the Ninja 650r isn't a terrible starter either.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
ftbraggsrt4

Depends on the level but im 5'6" and i feel very comfy on the buell xb9. All buells have short seat heights

HD's Rider Edge is worth the money!!!
ftbraggsrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
brie
Sportbike Junkie

This is kind of out of date but it will give you an idea of seat heights.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/school-SectionTwoB.htm

Last edited by brie; 06-23-2008 at 01:40 PM.
brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
warputer
Knee Dragger

Motorcycle: 05 Suzuki Hayabusa
You can get aftermarket triple trees and lowering dog bones for just about any sportbike.....so pick whatever you want .
Old 06-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #8
Red Man

Motorcycle: 04 Hayabusa
all else fails buy a pocket rocket No seriously though 250 sounds nice but you got experience and may want a larger cc bike I seen many short girls riding gixxer 600's with no issues.
Advertisement

Go Back   TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums > General Riding > Beginner's Corner