1998 gsxr 600 srad wont start : TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums > Technical, Tuning & Aftermarket > Technical Help, Maintenance & Tuning

Old 11-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Brad A.
Learning To Post

1998 gsxr 600 srad wont start

98 gsxr srad wont start.

Running fine one day, decided to put some carb cleaner in it, then problems started.

Would idle high,then got a hanging idle.Then had difficulty starting,it would take a second or so longer to start.Next morning, wouldnt start.Charged the battery, then it fired up with all of those similar problems.Then when I went to start it up after work, it started up great. Didnt even need the choke, the throttle was extremely responsive and the idle was fine. Rode it for about 45 minutes and went home.Parked it in the garage and called it a night.Came to the garage in the.morning and it smelled heavily of gas. Gas seemed to leak out of it at night and there seems to be some oil on the gtound too. Both from the oil nut on the bottom as well as down the left sideof thebike. Wouldnt start. Only a single click under the seat.Went to the gsxr forums and was diagnosed with a stuck needle on carb number one. the gas entered into the oil as well. So I drained the oil, removed the tank, the airbox, the plugs (which were fouled or wet) then removed the carbs. Carbs were filled with gas unsurprisingly. Underneath the carbs, where it sits into the top of the engine, hole #1 was completelyfilled with gasoline. Was told to remove all spark plugs and push the starter to.push any fluids out of it. So I turned the bike on, the fuel primed and pushed gas through the hose and stopped after the usual buzz finished. When I went to pressthestarter with the clutch in, I got the single click coming from under the seat. Nothing being pushed out or any activity really. Lights come on as usual. Just a single click.

Any help is very much appreciated with what I should do now. Thank you all very much
Brad A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums > Technical, Tuning & Aftermarket > Technical Help, Maintenance & Tuning