Two Wheel Forums banner

What's your favorite fast-food burger?

2K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  Gas Man 
#1 ·
Since the McD's thread is going off on tangents, I figured I'd start a new discussion.... People who will admit to eating McDonald's seem to be in the minority. But as many fast food chains as there are, and new locations poppin' up all the time, SOMEONE is eating this stuff.

So fess up.... What's your favorite fast-food burger?

Me? It's a tie between In-n-Out Burger in California, and Backyard Burger in North Carolina. Sadly, we have NEITHER of them here in Florida, but Whattaburger is pretty good every now and then...... :dthumb:

#2 · (Edited)
neebelung said:
Since the McD's thread is going off on tangents, I figured I'd start a new discussion.... People who will admit to eating McDonald's seem to be in the minority. But as many fast food chains as there are, and new locations poppin' up all the time, SOMEONE is eating this stuff.

So fess up.... What's your favorite fast-food burger?

Me? It's a tie between In-n-Out Burger in California, and Backyard Burger in North Carolina. Sadly, we have NEITHER of them here in Florida, but Whattaburger is pretty good every now and then...... :dthumb:

I dont care what people say, I eat at McD's, I just did on Sunday. Personally In-n-Out in AZ is damn good. Everybody goes there. They recently opened up a Fatburger and lately thats my burger joint of choice. My friend took the Triple King Challenge there and won (skinniest fat guy youll ever meet). usually for the quick meal (like if I have no real time to take a lunch at work) I hit up BK. But In-n-Out and Fatburger are probably my favorites right now. I swear, Scottdale is slowly turning into LA! :disapp:

Carls Jr. is also good.

#4 ·
itgirl25 said:
anyone heard of checkers? i used to go there for burgers when my sister lived in frederick, MD. i liked their burgers alot, for being a fast food joint. i also desperately miss our long lost hot-n-now. 49 cent burgers rock! are there any of those still open?

sorry itgirl, I live on 'da westside of the country. I have never heard of either. But .49 cent burgers sound good to me :drool:

#7 ·
Checkers and Rally's are the same chain. We used to have a few dozen Rally's here, I think they are all Filiberto's now. I miss those burgers.
Can I get an artery hardening AMEN for the Carl's Jr (Hardee's) 6 Dollar Guacamole Bacon burger or the 6 Dollar Portobello Mushroom Burger. If you are really a die hard, the Breakfast burger is the shiznat. (or maybe it gives you the shiznat, I forget)
Breakfast Burger: Charbroiled all beef patty, fried egg, bacon, hash brown nuggets, cheese and ketchup on a sesame bun.
They are really tasty and probably really bad for ya too. But since I stopped huffing, heroin, crack, smack, PCP, meth and watching Martha Stewart, this is my only evil vice. :bonk:

#9 ·
WarpedRotor said:
Checkers and Rally's are the same chain. We used to have a few dozen Rally's here, I think they are all Filiberto's now. I miss those burgers.
Can I get an artery hardening AMEN for the Carl's Jr (Hardee's) 6 Dollar Guacamole Bacon burger or the 6 Dollar Portobello Mushroom Burger. If you are really a die hard, the Breakfast burger is the shiznat. (or maybe it gives you the shiznat, I forget)
Breakfast Burger: Charbroiled all beef patty, fried egg, bacon, hash brown nuggets, cheese and ketchup on a sesame bun.
They are really tasty and probably really bad for ya too. But since I stopped huffing, heroin, crack, smack, PCP, meth and watching Martha Stewart, this is my only evil vice. :bonk:

I say amen to 6 Dollar burger, but none of those particular 6 dollar burgers. not a fan of the guac or mushrooms

#10 ·
Well here in Michigan we have both the Hot N Now and Rally's! They are both good but I like Rally's more!

Hey I'm just happy they are going to bring a new White Castle to Flint.... :yum:

#11 ·
1. Fatburger
2. Five Guys
3. McDonald's Double Cheeseburger
4. Wendy's Junior Deluxe Cheeseburger

#12 ·
1. It's not a chain but it is fast food, actually I don't think this place exists anymore since Katrina, but Topp's in Buras, Louisiana. It got hammered with the full force of Katrina and was under 25 feet of water, so I would say it's gone now.

2. Steak and Shake

3. Denton's

4. Backyard Burgers

5. Checker's/Rally's

We have the six dollar burgers at Hardee's which is the southern version of Carl Jrs. Except they call them "thickburgers" now and they got rid of almost everything else on the menu to concentrate on making the burger better. Actually I think we were one of the first two towns to get the six dollar burger and then the thickburger menu. They were real good when they first came out, but now I am sick of them.

#15 ·
Been to most of burger chains around country.
In&Out best I have tried for chain burgers. In@Out everything is fresh nothing comes in frozen, even the meat never frozen. French fries are pressed and fried right in front of you :yikes:
Most of the places with .49 cent burgers really suck, with White Castle being one of worst burgers have tried :puke:

#18 ·
bumblebee said:
You need to come to East St. Louis, off Kingshighway around 3 am...don't forget your Rolex...you will be welcomed!!
Some of my favorite places to eat are in the getto ;) East Oakland has some of the best Mexican, Asian and Soul food you can find. Mission district San Francisco has great Mexican food :dthumb:
People of other races get along with me just fine :cheers:

#19 ·
pickle.of.doom said:
Rally's kicks ass! I have heard most of them in MI are gone though :( You got any up by you still gas man? I know Lansing Rally's is gone :(
Rally's....Yeah we have one in Flint (i-475 & bristol rd at the intersection of Saginaw st) also one in Bay City on Wilder Rd about 3 miles east of I-75/23.

As much as I try to stay away from fast food... I do have to stop in every once and a while, just for the spicy fries!

Isn't the one on Fort St. in Wyndotte still open?

#20 ·
My favorite is "Licks", which is a Canadian chain. Locally, my favorite would be "Culvers" with "Steak 'n Shake" as a close second.

#25 ·
Gas Man said:
Rally's....Yeah we have one in Flint (i-475 & bristol rd at the intersection of Saginaw st) also one in Bay City on Wilder Rd about 3 miles east of I-75/23.

As much as I try to stay away from fast food... I do have to stop in every once and a while, just for the spicy fries!

Isn't the one on Fort St. in Wyndotte still open?
Oh and there is also one in downtown Flint on saginaw st as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.