bike setups? - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
bike setups?

is there a section on this site, or any other for that matter that have peoples bike setups for stunts, ie big rear sprocket, 12 oclock bar, etc..
lloyd369 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 10:55 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
What are you looking for? Pics? Info? Prices to do the mods? What?




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
umm well, just trying to see whats different about them, possibly a few pics
lloyd369 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 09:25 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
12 0 clock bars can be bought and/or just welded up yourself.

Sprockets... generally if you're a stunter you get this horrible, dinner plate sized sprocket that look like




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 10:04 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
12 0 clock bars can be bought and/or just welded up yourself.

Sprockets... generally if you're a stunter you get this horrible, dinner plate sized sprocket that look like
You know how your riding lawn mower jumps off the line and you feel like it will fly but in 2 seconds flat it is at top speed @5mph? That is the sprocket you want.
Earlzach is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
is that all that's different? I'm just kinda curious about it, not necessarily going to start doing. Also does the large sprocket render the bike useless on the street?
lloyd369 is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 09:49 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,845
I highly suggest using a muffin pan when doing any mods to your bike.. Helps keep the bolts seperated and you can use it later to make the Gasman approved delicious blueberry version.. You have to be way more specific on what mods you are talking about..
Mudpuppy is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy
I highly suggest using a muffin pan when doing any mods to your bike.. Helps keep the bolts seperated and you can use it later to make the Gasman approved delicious blueberry version.. You have to be way more specific on what mods you are talking about..
am i being that difficult to understand? i dont know anything about it, i dont even know what all the possible
mods are.
lloyd369 is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:14 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd369
am i being that difficult to understand? i dont know anything about it, i dont even know what all the possible
mods are.
there are alot of mods.. gearing (sprokets), suspension, wheelie bars, but WTF do you want to know....stunt bike or what?? If so just stick a dinner plate on the back and you are good to go.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:27 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd369
am i being that difficult to understand? i dont know anything about it, i dont even know what all the possible
mods are.
What are you starting out with? You can buy a stunt ready bike on e-bay for &1500.00 and under. all they end up being is Krylon painted piles of bent up crap. Or fur covered. That must be for safety. You need to be able to stiffin up the frame, and protect the heck out of your motor. Take stock in frame sliders. Let air out of the oversized rea tire. and drop the fron sprocket a couple and go up in the back a bunch. Good active front shocks to absorbe all of the impact. and still be able to ride flat in a stoppy. It's a no brainer the only thing close to this off the show room floor is a Kawi EX 500.lol any how Just build a bike you would enter in a demolition derby and you have a stunt bike.
Earlzach is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:34 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
heres a pic of a friends stunt bike...he just really f'd it up so he made it a stunt bike.
Click here..the 4th post is where to look
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
i was wanting to buy something inexpensive to learn on, learn to ride in general, then buy something slightly nicer, any suggestions?
lloyd369 is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 12:29 PM
First 1000 Member
March 2008 BOTM Winner!
 
pickle.of.doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Howell,MI
Posts: 4,183
Yeah, find a used SV650 to start on. (dont buy bulldogs ) Great bike to start on, and then if you want to step in to the world of stunting they are also great wheelie machines, I like watchin the one dude from scooter trash on the SV, that bike looks fun to whip around like that.


As far as stunt mods, most important is to change your gearing. That means altering the ratio between top speed and acceleration. Stunt bikes are geared massively towards the acceleration side, to get the wheel up with ease. Other common mods for stunters are also stainless steel brake lines, and better than stock brake pads. Gotta have a lot of initial bite for those stoppies.

That help at all, any questions?

pickle.of.doom is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 12:46 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom
Yeah, find a used SV650 to start on. (dont buy bulldogs ) Great bike to start on, and then if you want to step in to the world of stunting they are also great wheelie machines, I like watchin the one dude from scooter trash on the SV, that bike looks fun to whip around like that.


As far as stunt mods, most important is to change your gearing. That means altering the ratio between top speed and acceleration. Stunt bikes are geared massively towards the acceleration side, to get the wheel up with ease. Other common mods for stunters are also stainless steel brake lines, and better than stock brake pads. Gotta have a lot of initial bite for those stoppies.

That help at all, any questions?
the SV is a great bike to learn on, and stunt with..I do it all the time
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom

As far as stunt mods, most important is to change your gearing. That means altering the ratio between top speed and acceleration.
how does changing the gearing affect street driveability?
lloyd369 is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:12 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 461
The gearing, which is doen by putting an oversized sprocket, causes the bike to run at extremely high RPM's at low speeds. If you want a stunt bike it needs to be a different one than your daily rider. Plus if you hang with many stunters you will notice that stunt bikes usually get trashed cosmetically and the motors and clutches go frequently as well. Stunting is a very expensive hobby - as it is very hard on the bike and new parts are expensive.

The favorite bike among NEW stunters as of late seems to be the F4i. You need to look @ a 12 bar and a cage somewhere like www.starboyz.com before you start trying to stunt a bike.
snakemann is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:23 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd369
i was wanting to buy something inexpensive to learn on, learn to ride in general, then buy something slightly nicer, any suggestions?
After reading this you need to crall way before you walk. You will look like a stunter as you learn how to ride. You are stepping into a very dangerous rhelm of riding. Without a carnal knowlage of riding it's self, stunting should be far from your mind. If you dont mind my asking did watch biker boyz or torque? Those two shows were so far from real it isnt funny. Someone also posted on here a video of stunters as a group. Now I would say gutsy, way more than skilled. They actually wrecked their way our of most monuvers. Really talented stunters have years of riding back ground. Before one can take to the sky he must learn to crawl then walk, One can not fly into flight. Please take as much or more time to LEARN HOW BIKES ACT. Do you know how many riders there are right now that dont even know to swerve left you stear right? and vice versa. There is so much to know about Gyro braking and how the front tire spinniing assists you in turning on a wheelie. Please dont jump into stunting, you might just want to jump into a box now. I dont like to ask ones age but I get the feeling your not in you 30's? Take your time.

Last edited by Earlzach; 07-27-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Earlzach is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
how expensive are you talking (for parts that is) ? somehow im drawn to hobbies that are expensive. my jeep has cost me and arm and a leg.
lloyd369 is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlzach
After reading this you need to crall way before you walk. You will look like a stunter as you learn how to ride. You are stepping into a very dangerous rhelm of riding. Without a carnal knowlage of riding it's self, stunting should be far from your mind. If you dont mind my asking did watch biker boyz or torque? Those two shows were so far from real it isnt funny. Someone also posted on here a video of stunters as a group. Now I would say gutsy, way more than skilled. They actually wrecked their way our of most monuvers. Really talented stunters have years of riding back ground. Before one can take to the sky he must learn to crawl then walk, One can not fly into flight. Please take as much or more time to LEARN HOW BIKES ACT. Do you know how many riders there are right now that dont even know to swerve left you stear right? and vice versa. There is so much to know about Gyro braking and how the front tire spinniing assists you in turning on a wheelie. Please dont jump into stunting, you might just want to jump into a box now. I dont like to ask ones age but I get the feeling your not in you 30's? Take your time.

no im not in my 30's more like early 20's, i also dont wont to get die hard into "stunting", just learn a few trick here and there, i suppose my way of thinking is that im probably going to wreck whether im learning to stunt or just learning to ride (not that i want to) but i suppose its best to be prepared. i just want to have the gear on the bike so that it doesnt screw it up so bad. and no i never saw biker boyz or torque, they both looked stupid to me, like cop off of fast and furious for bikes

Last edited by lloyd369; 07-27-2005 at 02:44 PM.
lloyd369 is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 03:20 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Well ok I have learned more about the rider in question...but...

Let's get something straight.... Do you currently or do you have any street MC riding expierence?




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome