Two Wheel Forums banner

SV650S turn signals

52K views 56 replies 13 participants last post by  sfsv650s 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I am finally going to do it. I been wanting to do this for awhile and I got a raise at work, so I figured now is the time. I am replacing the massive indicators on the SV. I am considering a couple different options. I like the flush mounts, but I want to keep something safe on my bike and that won't get me caught by the po po. Here is what I am considering.

My favorite flush mounts (I will probably also do the mod with the front headlight mod to replace the two side headlights that dont really help much with turn indicators as well, but svrider.com says this is a bad mod because they are real hard to see and not very bright.)
http://www.watsendesign.com/products/current/SV1000/index.html

And maybe do this to the back of it or eventually get the hotbodies undertail
Another option

Next is keep stalks on front and back, but get smaller ones, something like this.. It matches the brake lights design of all the seperate little LEDs.
last option

svrider.com also suggested replacing them with late model Gixxer turn signals, I was even considering getting the integrated turn signal mirrors the new gixxer has.

Give me some feedback or some other designs you think might look good. I am in no rush since this is just an apppearance thing. So I want to make sure I get something I won't regret.

See less See more
#3 ·
The rear turn signals are on shorter stalks than the front. I have considered putting rear turn signals on the front, to make them lower profile. They aren't as ugly on the naked as they are on the S model though. So, leaving them alone would be perfectly fine with me.

The reason I like the Hamicad kit is that it's very well built (powder coated stainless steel), rock solid, and requires no cutting of factory wiring or bodywork. In about 45 minutes, I could have my bike back to stock if I so desired.

#8 · (Edited)
yep, sure does. Takes like 2 minutes to install.

Only thing you got to watch out for is when you sling your foot over, you can scratch it, no safety of the soft seat. I got one the other day but was able to get it out with a little wax.

#13 ·
DLITALIEN said:
Those LED front mini's (the stalk ones) are awesome. i have some now and the integrater. I'd go w/ the stalky's and integrater. Your tial lights will look awesome with it.
That is the way I am thinking of going. They are real cheap if I just get some small stalky's for right now and if I really don't like the look I didn't waste that much money and I can ebay the suckers.

#14 · (Edited)
Well I purchased some today from cycle gear. I got the back ones mounted about 15 minutes ago and they look freakin amazing! They aren't LED, although I bought those first and they cost me like $40 for a pair and then they didn't work properly without a timer and then the stalk wasn't long enough when attached to the hamicad. I returned those. I picked up some regular ones for $15. They look better and are brighter. The best part is I got a lot longer stalk for the rear and a short stalk for the front. Bad news is I couldn't find a good indicator adapter plate to make it look good, so I couldn't mount the fronts tonight. They are going to look sweet though. Here are some pics of just the front indicator in my house. It was too dark to take pics with my camera phone tonight when I got done putting the rears on.

#57 ·
Need help on the connection between LED and bike (rubber OEM portion)

Can I get a little help on this. I am being forced to replace my front blinkers (high-side) on my 02 SV650S. I ended up damaging the rubber part that 'held' the OEM blinker that extended out of the fairing and seated the blinker. I ordered the LED lights online and now am not sure how I can attach them to my bike.

I'm new to bike mechanics so explicit details will be greatly appreciated!

-Caroline

#21 ·
DLITALIEN said:
Those are the ones i use to have. I got the same shape, but LED's now. If you find the LED's get 'em. They look just as good, if not better. Plus they are a lot brighter!
I bought LED ones first that was this shape. They weren't as bright and they also cost more than double what these cost for a pair of LEDs vs 4 of these, plus I would need to get a timer because they flashed too quick. Price wasn't the big issue to me though, it was the lack of stalk selection. They only had short stalks in the LEDs and I needed a long stalk for the rear or they hid behind the license plate. These had long and short in the same style, plus they don't look bad at all since I got the clear lenses. I don't think this will be final, this was extremely cheap way to get it to look cool while I think about what I really want. I ended up only paying about $25 total for this little conversion and it looks a lot better than $25. The LEDs they had in stock were $40 for a pair, $25 for the timer. So I just decided to save because I will probably end up getting the watsen design flush mounts later and some kind of integrator or undertail for the rear.

I will have to think about it, jtemple. I like keeping my stock stuff, so probably not.

#24 ·
DLITALIEN said:
Hmm. My LED's are bright as ****. Even in daylight you can see them great. I don't have the resistors and they blink fast, but I like it that way.
Mine did that on my 9R...but I figured I get more blinkers per second and therefor more attention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.