Two Wheel Forums banner

Frame Sliders on 2006 GSXR 600

7K views 75 replies 11 participants last post by  marko138 
#1 ·
Has anybody installed frame sliders on a 2006 GSXR yet? I am going to be getting mine soon and was wondering if I am going to have to cut my fairings in order to install them.

#17 ·
mngsxr06 said:
Im going to tape it with masking tape first and depending on how big of a hole I need either dremel or drill with circular bit. But I am going to tape it so I don't put any unnecessary scrapes in the paint. And other ideas please post.
I used the tape at first just to find it got in the way. I was worried the paint would chip, that's why I used it. It didn't. What kind of slider did you buy, or gonna buy. I'd start by drilling a small hole (1/2 inch or so) as close to the center of the engine mount screw and working from there. i did my circle free hand and it didn't come out bad at all. I was very proud.

#19 ·
mngsxr06 said:
I think I got the vortex ones from the dealer here. I should be getting them today hopefully. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it :dthumb:
That's what I have now. With those you may actually be able to mount the metal base and then drill and find the center of that and work your way out. Since the slider is as wide as the metal base, you should have no problem making a perfect circle.

#21 ·
mngsxr06 said:
Hey thanks for the help...now if I could just get a license plate light that works without blowing a fuse or itself.:cursin:
You got the stock fender and plate light on there now? I'd take it to the dealer. That should be covered under the warranty. Make sure you're putting the right amp fuse in there too.

#22 ·
No I instaqlled the fender eliminator from rumble imports and the little LED they send for the plate blew the fuse the first time. So I called them and they said it could have been a cross in the wire so they sent me a new one and that one worked but when i installed it in the metal FE it popped loud and is blown but it didnt blow my fuse this time. I don't know, I ordered the bolt type leds and will see if they work.

#23 ·
:readng: Depending on who makes the sliders. I know that there are companies who sell offsets so you dont have to drill. check around.:luck:

#25 ·
DLITALIEN said:
I used the tape at first just to find it got in the way. I was worried the paint would chip, that's why I used it. It didn't. What kind of slider did you buy, or gonna buy. I'd start by drilling a small hole (1/2 inch or so) as close to the center of the engine mount screw and working from there. i did my circle free hand and it didn't come out bad at all. I was very proud.
Measure like 4 times...

Further, a dremel will work well but unless you have a really steady hand using it... your circle will look like hell.

If you use a large drill bit or various kind. I suggest a hole bit not a spade bit. I also suggest the tape and using a FORMICA or metal approved bit. The teeth aren't as large and seperated...therefore, a cleaner hole in the plastics!

#26 ·
Gas Man said:
Measure like 4 times...

Further, a dremel will work well but unless you have a really steady hand using it... your circle will look like hell.

If you use a large drill bit or various kind. I suggest a hole bit not a spade bit. I also suggest the tape and using a FORMICA or metal approved bit. The teeth aren't as large and seperated...therefore, a cleaner hole in the plastics!
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.