Identical 600's this year? - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Tank Slapper
 
MadKawi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 190
Question Identical 600's this year?

Is it just me or do all the AMA 600's look the same? (Except Suzuki)
The last time I remember it being this bad was the mid 90's when all the 750's had that rounded front with two air scoops on either side (ZX7R, GSXR 750)

I took the color out of these to emphasize, but damn! Undistinguishable!
MadKawi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 04:18 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Kawi, Honda, Yammy. In that order. I know what you're saying. Putting the air through the frame is just a better way to get it there. Kawi has mastered it and Honda did it with the RC51. Yammy's playing catch up with it. All sick looking AMA bikes, regardless.
DLIT is offline  
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 04:34 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 468
Any other diffrences other than they all look the same... do they all have slipper clutches? idk:
Cant get it down!!! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 04:35 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,181
did not know that....good info DLIT
YZFR61ST is offline  
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 04:41 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant get it down!!! View Post
Any other diffrences other than they all look the same... do they all have slipper clutches? idk:
Hell yeah, they do.
DLIT is offline  
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 05:13 PM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,586
Attack of the Clones! The Suzuki looks different but the other 3 sport the same shape of ram air and the Yam and Honda look alot alike from the side....

The Honda does not have a slipper clutch stock but the after market has it covered. Any race prepped bike is going to have one. I think Honda is doing something electronic to hide the fact that it does not have a slipper 'cause all the testers at the intro said it felt real smooth downshifting. Almost like it didn't need one. Perhaps they have a air valve system like the MV Augusta or have some kind of fuel injection run on...
smileyman is offline  
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 05:15 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
But YAMAHA's the best.
DLIT is offline  
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy
...if you cant afford to step up to a real bike



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Attack of the Clones! The Suzuki looks different but the other 3 sport the same shape of ram air and the Yam and Honda look alot alike from the side....

The Honda does not have a slipper clutch stock but the after market has it covered. Any race prepped bike is going to have one. I think Honda is doing something electronic to hide the fact that it does not have a slipper 'cause all the testers at the intro said it felt real smooth downshifting. Almost like it didn't need one. Perhaps they have a air valve system like the MV Augusta or have some kind of fuel injection run on...
The 07 R1 has it too. Though I haven't read up much on the new R1. I just kinda remember it from somewhere...I migh tbe wrong though.
Cant get it down!!! is offline  
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 05:29 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant get it down!!! View Post
The 07 R1 has it too. Though I haven't read up much on the new R1. I just kinda remember it from somewhere...I migh tbe wrong though.
You're wrong. It's got a traditional back-torque limited slipper clutch.
DLIT is offline  
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 05:30 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
...if you cant afford to step up to a real bike
I was just stiring the pot.
DLIT is offline  
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy
pot this is Kettle, got any munchies?



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 05:51 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 468
I know I read somewhere that there's a bike (other than the MV) using that technology... I'm out of it

Adding to the pot stirring... Why is the R6 so much sexxxier than NE thing else out there?

Last edited by Cant get it down!!!; 02-09-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Cant get it down!!! is offline  
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 08:32 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant get it down!!! View Post
I know I read somewhere that there's a bike (other than the MV) using that technology... I'm out of it

Adding to the pot stirring... Why is the R6 so much sexxxier than NE thing else out there?
, but I agree. I stil can't wait to see the Honda and Kawi 600's in person.
DLIT is offline  
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 10:35 PM
TWF Champion
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SouthWest, PA
Posts: 3,230
Send a message via AIM to Phenix_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant get it down!!! View Post
Adding to the pot stirring... Why is the R6 so much sexxxier than NE thing else out there?
HAHAHA- my girl thinks the R6 looks like a giant wasp!
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 11:48 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
HAHAHA- my girl thinks the R6 looks like a giant wasp!
ooooh she just called the R6 a Vespa!
JK_DILLA is offline  
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 12:00 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 587
Man, you guys talk like Jap bikes that all look the same is unusual...
L48Shark is offline  
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 08:53 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by L48Shark View Post
Man, you guys talk like Jap bikes that all look the same is unusual...
ALL HARLEY RIDERS AND RIDES LOOK THE SAME, usmiling, black and leather clad and grotesquely under-skilled.
Cant get it down!!! is offline  
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 09:49 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,550
Suzuki. Kings of everybike..... I mean think about it. the 1000<---domination
busa<----domination oh forget the 14 its a stolen motor.
06gsxr6's 600<-----TOTAL DOM
BravoX1 is offline  
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 10:12 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant get it down!!! View Post
ALL HARLEY RIDERS AND RIDES LOOK THE SAME, usmiling, black and leather clad and grotesquely under-skilled.
Then it's a good thing I don't ride one of those either.
L48Shark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome