Two Wheel Forums banner

Duc999 Vs ZX-7R

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Back _Marker 
#1 ·
i was just looking at one of the close drag strips to me here...
www.reddingdragstrip.com
And they had a big of bikes racing.... the Zx-7R killed the duck off the line and you know if he had him at the line there is no way that twin will catch him on the fast end..... SAD when someone with a 20K$ twin cant touch a 4 cyl at the line

And also i ran with a guy with a busa there who was planning on being on a new supercharged busa this year, and going by the pics he got it... i cant wait to go see what hes running this year.. should be 8's all day long

#5 ·
i just find it funny that the twin cant pull on the 4 cylinder off the line, i guarenttee with good riders the Ducx would take the 7 to the 8th....

And Ricky Gadsen can brag aobut being fast in a stright line... when u can get the same bike as another rider down to the 8th faster then the other rider.... that makes u better at controlling the bike.
Pro drag racers didnt get that way by being jkust like everyone else in a straight line

Drag launching a bike is a diffrent thrill then fast road coarse riding. Both are fun. I can afford the drag strip every week if i wanted to go that much, not a hcnace in hell i can spend 245$ a weekend just in fees for the road coarse

#9 ·
i dont really see alotta twinz at teh strip, mostly FZR, ZX and CBR 1kz and some 6'z, rarely you see the odd Tiller or 51, rarely, more of a track bike id think, im into draggin and i wouldnt say we were squidz tho, i guess its no diff than my opinion on stunting, not my bag, but somebody elses non the less

#10 ·
ScottSellersUNR said:
i just find it funny that the twin cant pull on the 4 cylinder off the line, i guarenttee with good riders the Ducx would take the 7 to the 8th....
Drag launching a bike is a diffrent thrill then fast road coarse riding. Both are fun. I can afford the drag strip every week if i wanted to go that much, not a hcnace in hell i can spend 245$ a weekend just in fees for the road coarse
If I remember correctly, it only cost $100 for WERA race school and whatever the gate fee is. Since you drag race, you should already have gear. You just need to safety wire your bike and remove the street amenitites.

I don't find it funny that a duc gets killed on the strip. It's expected. They are not built for it. A tall first gear is an indicator of what it's for. I don't care how good a rider you are, you ain't going 7 or 8's on a duc. If one was to be given to you free, which one would you chose? a duc or ninja? yeah, that's what i thought.

Also, don't be fooled. The grid start is every bit of a drag race. Between you and a shiatload of adreline dripp'n nutcases.

I started drag racing older ninja 900's until i discovered road race. Drag lost it's luster.

-a|ex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.