Two Wheel Forums banner

Tires for the SV650s

3K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  Gixxer911 
#1 ·
Howdy... I'm starting to love the Metzler M4's I have on my SV.... 5700 HARD miles on them and they still have a bunch of tread left. BUT... I think another 1000 miles and i'll need a new set. I really don't know much about shopping for sportbike tires - what should i look for? My rear is a 160 and my front is a 120 i believe. What are some good tires to look into for aggresive street riding?

I have a set of Battlax Bt090R race tires set aside for track days, so i don't really want to ruin 'em within 1200 miles on the street....

#3 ·
jeeps84 said:
Michelin Pilot Powers, Prellie Diablos and Dunlop Qualifiers are my choices in that order.
:iagree: but i haven't gone with the pilot powers yet....I never had a problem out of several sets of pirilli diablo's tho. I am going with the pilot powers for sure after I run these battle axe's out.

#8 ·
Gas Man said:
PILOT POWERS!

Nothing else to even consider!!!!!!!!!
F'n A right!! Do me a favor and next time you go out riding with a bunch of people look at what they have. i guarantee there will be a bunch of Pilots. There's a reason why. If I could afford it, I would change my Qualifiers out ASAP. And I only have 400 miles on them. Just can't trust them like I trusted my Pilots before I traded my bike in.

#16 ·
marko138 said:
Yeah unless your hauling your girl...which I do frequently....then it's gotta go back up...I can have that extra weight wearing out my tires.
I took my gipl on her first ride on the new bike tonight. Usually after each ride when I come to a stop at the garage she'll slide down off the rear seat in between my ass and the front of the rear seat and hump me. I was fine with it on the old bike because the gap wasn't real big and she wouldn't touch the paint with her jeans. But my new ish has a decent gap where her little ass could possibly hit the paint. Needless to say, she heard it from me. I appologized though, because she didn't know. But she'll never do that again. I gotta keep the black clean, yo!

#17 ·
DLITALIEN said:
I took my gipl on her first ride on the new bike tonight. Usually after each ride when I come to a stop at the garage she'll slide down off the rear seat in between my ass and the front of the rear seat and hump me. I was fine with it on the old bike because the gap wasn't real big and she wouldn't touch the paint with her jeans. But my new ish has a decent gap where her little ass could possibly hit the paint. Needless to say, she heard it from me. I appologized though, because she didn't know. But she'll never do that again. I gotta keep the black clean, yo!
Truth...you can't have her shanking the new paint.

#22 ·
xray911 said:
I just ordered a set of pilot powers yesterday. I found the best place in the world I am at work now and cant link it but I got them for......(drum roll please) ........... $260 shipped for the set. I will link it tonight when I get home.
Good choice bro...but you paid more than I did 2 weeks ago. tireexpress.com...$240 shipped.:cheers:

You'll love them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.