Originally Posted by mountainmotor
Name a couple of those reasons specific to the The 2006 BMW F 800 S
Well I can't name a bunch specific to that bike. But you must remember that they are putting this into the beginner rider market, not the big man competition like the K1200S. However, you just can't respect the bikes till a few other things happen.
First, you have to open your mind beyond getting the cookie cutter, everybody has it, mentality!
Second, go down to the BMW dealer, talk to the salesmen and test drive 3 or 4 of the bikes. Not till then will you understand a few things about a BMW bike. Those being...
1. Its a Freakin BMW... do you honestly think they design crap? COME ON!
2. They come stock with a 3 year warrenty. As all the Japs SHOULD DO!!
3. You have options to order on all of the bikes. OPTIONS! Can't get that on a Jap ricer! You can order anything from ABS, cruise, heated hand grips, ect...
4. Its about having something different and enjoying the ride. It doesn't always have to be about who gets to 100mph faster. But if you like that... try the K1200S! I did! Did you?
5. How about the fact that they are shaft drive without any of the typical shaft drive problems. Good engineering
6. The anti-dive linked braking. Again a great feat in engineering.
7. Fun factor... just like the Buells they have a fun factor of say...quirky engines. Not the fastest but pretty fun to ride.
See those are just a few off the top of my head. I use to be just many of you. If it wasn't ignorant fast, a Jap bike, and full fairings I didn't like it. But sense then I've have tried to make it out to some of these dealerships like BMW and Buell to see what they got. And what they got are some nice machines with a huge following! With that I can knock it if I want cause I tried it.. not many can say the same?