Two Wheel Forums banner

For your Annual exam who's your doctor?

• I have a Male doctor

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I have a Male doctor, but he has a husband.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a Female doctor; she has a husband

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I have a Female doctor; she has a wife

• Screw that, I'd rather die of cancer.

• I'm a guy and want to be a GYN

Votes: 11 61.1%

For the girls... That "Annual" BS

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  DLIT 
#1 ·
I actually had my five year physical curtesy of the US Army this week. And I had to go where they had a civilian contract, I couldn't use my old Gyn. And that raised a question for me.

How many of you prefer Male doctors - knowing they may have improper thoughts.

How many of you prefer Female Doctors - What if she also has improper thoughts.

Which freaks you out more a Male Gyn doing the breast exam... or a lesbian giving the breast exam.

I have to say, I had some very uncomfortable vibes from this female at the clinic. Not enough to report, but enough that I don't want to go back.

#3 ·
i friggin hate it, no matter who does it, it is hugely uncomfortable for me!!

hubby is military so i always have to go on base, not to mention it being uncomfortable, they have no idea what the heck they are doing!!! I was ill for awhile, a depo provera side effect, and I went more than 5 times to the doc to find out the problem...they never did find it, so i went off base (i had seperate insurance at the time) and the great female doc took one look at me and knew exactly what the problem was!! And on another visit I went in for the appointment, they had me all set up and they decided to have a male intern sit in to learn!!! They didnt even get my consent, i was :cursin: !! so unless I am dying i try not to ever go!!

#4 ·
Yeah, this was actually my first one in 2.5 years. I'd almost forgotten how back it was. I was due for one right when my unit departed. Then the year overseas. I was procrastinating on it for the last six months. Then got this call and had to do it anyway.

#5 ·
My primary Doctor is male, but I typically see the female P.A. Doesn't phase me a bit either way, though.... When I was in Atlanta, I had a male Doctor as well... saw the same one for 8 years, and he was the BEST. His exam rooms had posters of beautiful golf courses on the ceiling over the exam tables, so you had something to look at, and he would keep you engaged in conversation throughout the entire exam, which made it go by so much faster (and made it almost unnoticeable).

What we have to bear in mind are, for the most part, they ARE professionals. They see so many of "those" per day, it's no longer a novelty, and I'm certain it neither phases nor arouses them after they've been doing it for a few years.

#6 ·
Yeah, for the most part, in that situation. But, this doc I had for the military physical told me they only do this about once a week. Only PAP's are for the military physicals. And you do see situations in the news where twisted people take advantage of certain situations.

#7 ·
i hate it mostly b/c the depo messed up my system and the exam is one of the most painful things i have to deal with, (it is getting better with time, tho) and no matter how much i tell them this, they still just go on like its business as usual, but once i come up out of the chair they start paying a lil better attn!

#9 ·
jeeps84 said:
:sorry: I couldn't resist. I added another option to the poll for the guys so we don't have to click to see the count.:whistle:
's cool... Usually guys steer away from this topic... Anytime girls B!tch about the annual guys usally steer clear. I didn't even think you guys would stick around much... you think I'd know better by now.

#10 ·
jeeps84 said:
:sorry: I couldn't resist. I added another option to the poll for the guys so we don't have to click to see the count.:whistle:

hmmmm, but as a gyn you couldnt pick and choose your clients, you could have 90 year old women coming in, or 500 pounders!! :yikes:

(disclaimer:nothing against old or non-anorexic women!!)

#11 ·
justpucky said:
's cool... Usually guys steer away from this topic... Anytime girls B!tch about the annual guys usally steer clear. I didn't even think you guys would stick around much... you think I'd know better by now.
You know many of us will read and some have to post. We just cant control the :whore: within.:whistle:

#12 ·
RaeRR said:
hmmmm, but as a gyn you couldnt pick and choose your clients, you could have 90 year old women coming in, or 500 pounders!! :yikes:

Remindes me of a joke... back when everybody was trying to be PC. I was in college and some of my jewish friends started referring to themselves as "Messianically challenged".

At 5'2" I'm "vertically Challenged"

#16 ·
justpucky said:
So Jeeps, of the 73 Views, and (now) 12 posts, and only 4 votes... how many times have you checked on this thread?
Every time I see a new post I must click! :whore:
RaeRR said:

Suzuk1Girl said:
Hey do you guys ever wonder if you actually are an OBGYN that you will see nasty stuff??

I know most women go for check up and stuff but the other half go for STD's which is way gross! Its not all about looking an Punani :lol: :lol: :lol: :whistle:
Its my fantasy and pleas quit trying to spoil it.:bash:

#17 ·
Suzuk1Girl said:
Hey do you guys ever wonder if you actually are an OBGYN that you will see nasty stuff??
It's kind of a given if you go into ANY medical profession that you'll encounter "nasty" stuff. Comes with the territory. But if you're going into it for the right reasons (i.e. HELPING people) the good (again, helping people) will far outweigh the bad.

#19 ·
fortunately...I don't go to see the OB/GYN...but I have a female doctor I go see. For years, I saw only male doctors and then I realized that most of the time, they don't listen to me...I start talking and they immediately cut me off and start telling me what I am going to do...

I met this female doctor out at a charity event I was attending, and after striking up a conversation with her, I made an appointment...When you go to see her, sit listens to what you tell her and then she discusses options and we came to a plan.

Also, she is not a pill doctor, you know, no matter what you say...they have a pill for it?

#20 ·
bumblebee said:
Also, she is not a pill doctor, you know, no matter what you say...they have a pill for it?
:dthumb: I think that tends to be the philosophy of a given practice/office. Several girls I work with go to the same Doctor's office, and they're ALWAYS poppin some new pill, etc.... one girl, who is quite literally grossly obese is always being given some new 'scrip, when what she NEEDS is to stop eating fried foods 3X a day and doing nothing but playing video games constantly -- hey, try getting out and playing sometime! Aaarrrghhh.....

My Doctor's office has more of a talk-and-assess mentality, which I love.

#21 ·
I know my wife prefers a male doctor for that stuff. We use a internal medicine doc so that is what she has for that as well. Either way she says she prefers guys cause it makes he more comfortable.

Also for your ladies that don't like it... I know Uma (my wife) says just figure you know your lady doc has seen worse!

#22 ·
well, i have a female doctor and i just saw her this week for my annual. i actually like having a female, except the breast exam is awkward. how do you make small talk when a woman's hands are on your boobs? :yikes: i hate that, but she is totally professional. plus, i'd rather receive medical advice from her, considering she has the same "equipment" as me. so she knows where i am coming from. both my children were delivered by female OBs. besides, you know that guys just become GYNs to stare down vags all day. maybe they are compensating for something? :wink: :lol: what if you ran into him outside the office somewhere? would you think "that guy knows what's under my skirt?"

annuals suck! but they are a necessary evil...i have ovarian cancer in my family history (my grandmother).

#23 ·
itgirl25 said:
what if you ran into him outside the office somewhere? would you think "that guy knows what's under my skirt?"
:lol: Actually, I ran into my longtime GYN in Atlanta several times. His kids went to some kind of camp or activities at a Community center I worked at during college... never really phased me. He was an absolute professional, so I didn't think anything of it.

(admittedly, however, he was super cute.... :lol: I creeped myself out when I realized that)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.