Two Wheel Forums banner

mmmmmmmmmm chocolate

2K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  OneSickPsycho 
#1 ·
So I am in no way a "TECH SAVY" kind of guy and I don't subscribe to Electronics Weekly so what can some people who know about cell phones tell me about the new chocolate.... besides the lame name what can you tell me about it... mp3? compatible with songs saved on I tunes... plug and play or software needed...

#7 ·
the new verizon phone chocolate...gay name for a phone, but i know nothing about it. i have t-****. i mean, tmobile.

#11 ·
it seems cell phones are getting further and further away from being a phone. pretty soon you'll have to buy a mp3 player to make a call because all your cell phone is good for is games and music.

I've seen the "chocolate" advertised on verizon's site but honestly haven't looked at it at all:sorry:

#12 ·
fatburg said:
it seems cell phones are getting further and further away from being a phone. pretty soon you'll have to buy a mp3 player to make a call because all your cell phone is good for is games and music.

I've seen the "chocolate" advertised on verizon's site but honestly haven't looked at it at all:sorry:
look at the commercials for the helio.

#13 ·
It's just another attempt by verizon to snake oil you out of more money. They make you pay for every little add on feature they have to their network. Getting cameras or mp3 players on phones is kind of a waste, if you want a good camera or mp3 player, buy one and don't try to do this 2 or 3 for 1 deal with your phone. The add ons are most likely going to be crap.

#14 ·
Trip said:
It's just another attempt by verizon to snake oil you out of more money. They make you pay for every little add on feature they have to their network. Getting cameras or mp3 players on phones is kind of a waste, if you want a good camera or mp3 player, buy one and don't try to do this 2 or 3 for 1 deal with your phone. The add ons are most likely going to be crap.
What good are they? F that.

#15 ·
i got one that has camera, video, speakers, sd card etc simply cause it was the cheapest darn thing they have. They guy looked at me like I was crazy when I didn't add any services to actually be able to use all the crap....I just wanted a phone, cheap.

#16 ·
Trip said:
Depends on what you go with. I have t-mobile, and when I was in iraq I bought the HP iPAQ... it's a pocket PC, organizer, runs word, excel, MP3 (windows media player) I can view PDF's, use e-mail, and it's a cell phone. Never had a complaint about any of it (except that Gas doesn't like the resolution on the camera function). I've had it over a year now. No reason to upgrade, I like it.

#23 · (Edited)
because some people like their toys top notch and not second rate, it just depends on what you need out of it.

The mp3 player is going to be highly limited by memory, battery life is never the greatest on these things, cameras just suck on these things, while it is nice to have all these functions with one device, it is settling for mediocrity out of the options. You know you are arguing with an electrical engineer on electrical devices don't you?

#25 ·
Trip said:
because some people like their toys top notch and not second rate, it just depends on what you need out of it.

The mp3 player is going to be highly limited by memory, battery life is never the greatest on these things, cameras just suck on these things, while it is nice to have all these functions with one device, it is settling for mediocrity out of the options. You know you are arguing with an electrical engineer on electrical devices don't you?
I didn't buy it for the camera, Battery life is excellant if I charge it at night, MP3 player is only limited by the number of SD chips I use... I like to organize my play lists anyway. I don't need 40 Gig of music on one toy... 3-4 hours on shuffle works for my needs. I'm discussing functionality with an engineer... different argument. I know you guys are perfectionists... but your ideal doesn't always correspond with my needs. :yikes: that opens a whole 'nother box of worms. :leaving:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.