929rr opinions - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 45
929rr opinions

Hey all, I've found a hell of a deal on a honda 929 and I'm thinkin of checkin it out. I was wondering if anybody has ridden one. I have some experience with my 97 ninja 600 and I know a 929 is gonna be a big step up. I'm confident that I will be able to control my right wrist.(and I realize that EVERYBODY says that, but I'm more of a cruiser than a adrenaline freak) So I'd appreciate it if anybody can give me their two cents.

Thanks
punishercb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 05:54 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Never been on one.



marko138 is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 06:25 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by punishercb
Hey all, I've found a hell of a deal on a honda 929 and I'm thinkin of checkin it out. I was wondering if anybody has ridden one. I have some experience with my 97 ninja 600 and I know a 929 is gonna be a big step up. I'm confident that I will be able to control my right wrist.(and I realize that EVERYBODY says that, but I'm more of a cruiser than a adrenaline freak) So I'd appreciate it if anybody can give me their two cents.

Thanks
My Friend has one and it is nice I didnt ride it but he says it is the smoothest Sportbike he has owned even over his Kat 750. I say go for it!
Earlzach is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 45
Cool, I'm gonna check it out when I get back from vacation so I just hope it's still gonna be there. Also, does anybody know of any good agents or banks to get loans from? I don't wanna get raped when I go lookin for one. I'm from Indiana btw.
punishercb is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 11:18 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Loans... check you bank and local credit unions. Hit up the bigger banks and maybe check with your local dealer...they deal with it alot.

On the 929... I have rode one before and rode 2 different 954s. They are both GREAT bikes. Just awesome. Great power, quick throttle due to the FI. You'll love it!!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 11:18 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Moving to Honda as well..




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
The 954 is defiantly an improvement on the already great 929. It is a full blown liter bike so be careful if you get it.

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 12:41 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 173
I've had mine a couple weeks and so far I love it. It's got a lot of torque so watch out. If you have a 600 and your comfy on it then you should have no problems with the 929. It's my first bike and I feel that I'm doing well on it.
I can get the front wheel up pretty easy and I also learned rolling burnouts a couple days ago. I'm having a lot fun on the ole 929. Good luck on your purchase.
apfire26 is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 01:20 PM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22
It's a great bike , i had 01 which i bought new and sold it a few weeks ago with only 5700 miles , never had a single problem except battery which i replaced , the only thing it needs is a stabilizer because it's famous for a head shake , scotts is one of the best in my opinion.
RADEKN is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 04:28 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 173
I want a damper sooo bad, but I can't afford one right now.
apfire26 is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 05:03 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by apfire26
I want a damper sooo bad, but I can't afford one right now.
You'll wish you had the jack when she starts a roaring that head around. I advise saving quickly.



marko138 is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:04 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
You'll wish you had the jack when she starts a roaring that head around. I advise saving quickly.
Yeah, she already scared the piss out of me once at about 113 mph. I was shifting pretty hard through the gears and then I hit a bumpy spot in the road and the next thing I know the front end was shaking all around on me uncontrolably for a couple seconds. I guess that's thats headshake....
apfire26 is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:27 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by apfire26
Yeah, she already scared the piss out of me once at about 113 mph. I was shifting pretty hard through the gears and then I hit a bumpy spot in the road and the next thing I know the front end was shaking all around on me uncontrolably for a couple seconds. I guess that's thats headshake....
Classic example. Get that damper soon...before she bites.



marko138 is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 08:44 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
Classic example. Get that damper soon...before she bites.

I'm priceing them out right now. This WILL be my next mod. The PCIII is going to have to wait a while.
apfire26 is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 09:10 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
The 929, and the 954 are both rock solid bikes! you just can't hurt those things for nothin! That's why you see alot of stunters on those bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apfire26
I'm priceing them out right now. This WILL be my next mod. The PCIII is going to have to wait a while.
yeah I need a damper more than anything! I can get the mount for the GPR for free as soon as I call the guy I bought the bike from, I was supposed to get it when I picked up the bike in March but he mis placed it. He can also order me the GPR damper for about $200.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 09:42 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1up0n1
The 929, and the 954 are both rock solid bikes! you just can't hurt those things for nothin! That's why you see alot of stunters on those bikes!


yeah I need a damper more than anything! I can get the mount for the GPR for free as soon as I call the guy I bought the bike from, I was supposed to get it when I picked up the bike in March but he mis placed it. He can also order me the GPR damper for about $200.

From what i've heard I think I'm gunna go with the Scotts. But I'm really not sure yet. I'm probably going to have to wait at least....another week before I can order one. It'le prolly be longer than that though.
apfire26 is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 09:43 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by apfire26
From what i've heard I think I'm gunna go with the Scotts. But I'm really not sure yet. I'm probably going to have to wait at least....another week before I can order one. It'le prolly be longer than that though.
I'm just going with the GPR because that what the guy has the bracket for, and he uses it on his race bike for the track...also he's sponsored by them...so he will get me a hell of a deal on it.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 09:51 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1up0n1
I'm just going with the GPR because that what the guy has the bracket for, and he uses it on his race bike for the track...also he's sponsored by them...so he will get me a hell of a deal on it.

I don't blame ya, sounds like a sweet deal.
apfire26 is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:51 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Get a Scotts!!! PERIOD!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome