power commander vs. warranty? - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 44
power commander vs. warranty?

I got an 06 f4i with a 5 year warranty, will installing a power commander affect this if I need to use my warranty down the road? I also installed an aftermarket pipe with an oxygen sensor eleminator.
haasman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 06:30 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by haasman View Post
I got an 06 f4i with a 5 year warranty, will installing a power commander affect this if I need to use my warranty down the road? I also installed an aftermarket pipe with an oxygen sensor eleminator.
Call your local dealer, they will be able to tell you.
Rider is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,017
if it does have an O2 sensor and you remove it, it will mess up your EFI.
PC are easy to remove and change back to OEM. just don't leave the PC in for warranty work.

as a matta o fak, when warranty work is needed, put all OEM parts back on.

unfortunately, bikes usually crash before the warranty period ends, and this will hurt your chances for warranty repairs.

-a|ex
Back _Marker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:04 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Yeah put it on love it. Then if you have any warrenty work to do... just take it off before the bike goes in the shop. Its all plug n play anyway...




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Call your local dealer, they will be able to tell you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back _Marker View Post
if it does have an O2 sensor and you remove it, it will mess up your EFI.
PC are easy to remove and change back to OEM. just don't leave the PC in for warranty work.

as a matta o fak, when warranty work is needed, put all OEM parts back on.

unfortunately, bikes usually crash before the warranty period ends, and this will hurt your chances for warranty repairs.

-a|ex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Yeah put it on love it. Then if you have any warrenty work to do... just take it off before the bike goes in the shop. Its all plug n play anyway...
PlayfulGod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome