Hid - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11
Hid

HI first time poster long time stalker.
I ahve a 07 600rr and was wondering if anybody knows where to get a HID kit from for it. THANKS
King1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by King1 View Post
HI first time poster long time stalker.
I ahve a 07 600rr and was wondering if anybody knows where to get a HID kit from for it. THANKS
just do some searches for Motorcycle HID kits on Google... there's quite a few out there... I'd do my research though before buying... find out what are the "name brands" and who's the "value" brands...

Just a heads up... there's a few forums on HID's too
ebbs15 is offline  
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 08:27 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
You have come to the right place my friend. I run HID in my 07 600rr.

You need H7 4500k if you want the brightest or H7 6000k if you want the prettiest.

This is where you buy it. Can't beat this deal. They are slim line so you can hide them in your side fairings.

http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_kit_sale.html

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Look I even found you a step by step installation guide. Ain't this board the bestest.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=86335

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 08:35 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You have come to the right place my friend. I run HID in my 07 600rr.

You need H7 4500k if you want the brightest or H7 6000k if you want the prettiest.

This is where you buy it. Can't beat this deal. They are slim line so you can hide them in your side fairings.

http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_kit_sale.html
Damn forgot you had them on your SV... but didn't know you put them on your RR... got any pics?
ebbs15 is offline  
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 08:36 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Damn forgot you had them on your SV... but didn't know you put them on your RR... got any pics?
never had them on the SV, got them this summer for the RR because of the heat during the day at the gap and I don't mean temperatures.

I will have to see on the pics, you can see one in the sig below.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 08:41 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Here some pics of the exact ones i got. Believe me, when I have both HIDs on and my headlamps. You don't want to be coming at me.




2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 08:45 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Here some pics of the exact ones i got. Believe me, when I have both HIDs on and my headlamps. You don't want to be coming at me.



yeah I just read the install... damn that looks nearly factory!

damn I was sure you had them on the sv...

I'll be putting them on my ZZR when I get to Colorado
ebbs15 is offline  
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 09:15 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,152
Trip is that kit a bike specific thing or does it work with anything that has those bulbs? so basically you have to find a place to mount the ballasts but otherwise it will work anywhere? does it work on cars too? (do cars and bikes share the same types of bulbs?)
Crazy250 is offline  
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy250 View Post
Trip is that kit a bike specific thing or does it work with anything that has those bulbs? so basically you have to find a place to mount the ballasts but otherwise it will work anywhere? does it work on cars too? (do cars and bikes share the same types of bulbs?)
yes it'll work with any type of bike that has those type of bulbs... your 250 has H4 so you might need the DUAL kit for hi/lo or you'll loose your HI beams... the issue you might have with your 250 is that you only have 1 bulb... the kits Trip linked is a kit of 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts...

Cars and bikes have the same type of bulbs.... err... most do... I won't say all as I don't know for sure
ebbs15 is offline  
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,152
I wasnt thinking about doing it on the 250 anyways, but maybe my next bike (an f4i or SV650 or something, I believe they both have a similar setup to the 600RR).
how big is that ballast?
thats cool I definitely did not realize they were that (relatively) cheap. HID kits I've seen are at least $1K.

Last edited by Crazy250; 11-21-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Crazy250 is offline  
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy250 View Post
I wasnt thinking about doing it on the 250 anyways, but maybe my next bike (an f4i or SV650 or something, I believe they both have a similar setup to the 600RR).
how big is that ballast?
thats cool I definitely did not realize they were that (relatively) cheap. HID kits I've seen are at least $1K.
uh... check out that install thread... it looks to me about the size of a deck of cards... maybe a little thinner
ebbs15 is offline  
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 646
I've been wanting to do my bike but I don't think of it when I have the cash! Do the kits have a low beam and a high beam?
jnn7404 is offline  
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 10:20 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnn7404 View Post
I've been wanting to do my bike but I don't think of it when I have the cash! Do the kits have a low beam and a high beam?
not the ones Trip linked... but if you look they have a DUAL kit that does
ebbs15 is offline  
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 10:47 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy250 View Post
I wasnt thinking about doing it on the 250 anyways, but maybe my next bike (an f4i or SV650 or something, I believe they both have a similar setup to the 600RR).
how big is that ballast?
thats cool I definitely did not realize they were that (relatively) cheap. HID kits I've seen are at least $1K.
These are chinese kits, so cheap basically. I am more than happy with mine. They are brighter than the sun.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 646
What is the quality?
jnn7404 is offline  
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 09:08 AM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnn7404 View Post
What is the quality?
good

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11
Thanks for the links very helpful only one question I need to order 2 kits right?
And what temp. are the ones you so I can have an idea of which one but its really between 4500 and 5000. THANKS

Last edited by King1; 11-22-2007 at 10:18 AM.
King1 is offline  
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 04:10 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by King1 View Post
Thanks for the links very helpful only one question I need to order 2 kits right?
And what temp. are the ones you so I can have an idea of which one but its really between 4500 and 5000. THANKS
if your looking at the ones trip linked to... no... the kit comes with 2 ballasts, 2 bulbs. but other kits are just single... so you need to order 2.
ebbs15 is offline  
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 07:57 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by King1 View Post
Thanks for the links very helpful only one question I need to order 2 kits right?
And what temp. are the ones you so I can have an idea of which one but its really between 4500 and 5000. THANKS
If you order the link I gave you, you get two bulbs with it. No need to order anything else for the 07 RR. You need just one kit.

I have the 4500k, the closest to pure white and the brightest.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome