My Vfr800... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 99
My Vfr800...

man, it's a big step up from a scooter. i kept stalling at first but i had my friend, who is a WERA racer and student at GSU, help me get the basics down. i have turning and cornering down from riding my scooter, but shifting was kind of hard. i went to the football stadium's parking lot across the street and did about twenty loops around it (it was totally empty). i learned how to keep it above 2.5K to keep it from stalling. i can't wait to go on a group ride.



Added pic for you; jeeps84

Last edited by jeeps84; 02-04-2006 at 04:55 PM.
thebiscuit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:35 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiscuit
man, it's a big step up from a scooter. i kept stalling at first but i had my friend, who is a WERA racer and student at GSU, help me get the basics down. i have turning and cornering down from riding my scooter, but shifting was kind of hard. i went to the football stadium's parking lot across the street and did about twenty loops around it (it was totally empty). i learned how to keep it above 2.5K to keep it from stalling. i can't wait to go on a group ride.
Let me be the first to say.....






congrats on the bike... did you attend the MSF course yet? if not hit that up next instead of a group ride... trust me... i'll help with the basics... and things to do incase something unexpected happened...

again...

ebbs15 is offline  
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15
Let me be the first to say.....






congrats on the bike... did you attend the MSF course yet? if not hit that up next instead of a group ride... trust me... i'll help with the basics... and things to do incase something unexpected happened...

again...

on every thing!

Glad you finally made the big step. Now ride safe and take the MSF class (click).

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 99
i think the pic is in my gallery now. i took most of the stickers off though...
thebiscuit is offline  
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiscuit
i think the pic is in my gallery now. i took most of the stickers off though...
Just approved it!

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:55 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,314
i like it, congrads!
JK_DILLA is offline  
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 05:05 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Awesome! Congrats. I don't blame ya for taking those stickers off. Now go take the MSF, be safe and have fun on it.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
thebiscuit is offline  
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 05:07 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiscuit
hey it looks like that bike has been down to the GAP! It's tagged on the front wheel fender.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVupON1
hey it looks like that bike has been down to the GAP! It's tagged on the front wheel fender.
Definitely a Gap dragon.

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 05:32 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84
Definitely a Gap dragon.
biscuit, did you remove that one?
JK_DILLA is offline  
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 99
not yet...
thebiscuit is offline  
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 06:23 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Looks pretty clean. Take more pics.
DLIT is offline  
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 06:32 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLITALIEN
Looks pretty clean. Take more pics.
Ya it looks good!!

Congrads!! I'm sure you are excited as hell!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 07:47 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiscuit
...i learned how to keep it above 2.5K to keep it from stalling...
Do you mean that it won't idle around 1,200?
No Worries is offline  
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 07:54 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 893
Nice bike biscuit, it sure beats the hell out of a scooter
rider76 is offline  
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:02 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
the bike looks SWEET!... congrats... take'r easy and keep the rubber side DOWN
ebbs15 is offline  
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 01:31 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries
Do you mean that it won't idle around 1,200?
+1 now that i think about it.
JK_DILLA is offline  
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 99
when i'm letting the clutch slip out while stopped in first, i keep it around 3k, but it keeps stalling. it's loud as hell around 5k, so i'm scared to let the clutch go in first there.
thebiscuit is offline  
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 02:23 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiscuit
when i'm letting the clutch slip out while stopped in first, i keep it around 3k, but it keeps stalling. it's loud as hell around 5k, so i'm scared to let the clutch go in first there.
im curious, whats it idle at?
JK_DILLA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome