slow - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
TWF Champion
 
griffter911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 4,407
slow

it's pretty slow here today. i guess everyone's out ridin'


"NON SIBI SED PATRIAE"
griffter911 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 06:19 PM
October 2005 BOTM Winner!
First 1000 Member
 
itgirl25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: hanover, PA
Posts: 4,082
Send a message via AIM to itgirl25 Send a message via Yahoo to itgirl25
not me. i just finished packing for vacation. i leave monday for colorado for the week. i also just had euro signals installed on my bike and am waiting for the silicone to cure real good before riding it again.

when you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?



http://www.myspace.com/itgirl25
itgirl25 is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
TWF Champion
 
griffter911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 4,407
i wanna go on vacation. oh well. so what do those euros look like


"NON SIBI SED PATRIAE"
griffter911 is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 06:26 PM
October 2005 BOTM Winner!
First 1000 Member
 
itgirl25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: hanover, PA
Posts: 4,082
Send a message via AIM to itgirl25 Send a message via Yahoo to itgirl25
you are in hawaii for pete's sake, that would be vacation for me. here's what the euros are gonna look like. i haven't gotten a chance to take/post a pic of them yet.

http://www.fendereliminators.net/483146.html

scroll down to the kawasaki

when you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?



http://www.myspace.com/itgirl25
itgirl25 is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
TWF Champion
 
griffter911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 4,407
those look hot


"NON SIBI SED PATRIAE"
griffter911 is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 06:33 PM
October 2005 BOTM Winner!
First 1000 Member
 
itgirl25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: hanover, PA
Posts: 4,082
Send a message via AIM to itgirl25 Send a message via Yahoo to itgirl25
thanks, they look even better on my bike. i also have flush mounts on the side i left wired up as well, so this increases visibility from both the front and side. i was concerned about safety, since you can't really see the flushmounts from the front when they flash especially in daylight. this will definately help that problem.

when you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?



http://www.myspace.com/itgirl25
itgirl25 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 06:35 PM
October 2005 BOTM Winner!
First 1000 Member
 
itgirl25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: hanover, PA
Posts: 4,082
Send a message via AIM to itgirl25 Send a message via Yahoo to itgirl25
you would look hot sporting one of these. it's even the perfect color for your bike. i just picked this up last weekend. i am now an attention whore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	helmet side.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	5930  

when you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?



http://www.myspace.com/itgirl25
itgirl25 is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
TWF Champion
 
griffter911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 4,407
yeah, i cant wait to get flush mounts for my bike. get rid of those dumbo lights.


"NON SIBI SED PATRIAE"
griffter911 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 06:39 PM
First 1000 Member
 
No Worries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25
...i leave monday for colorado for the week.
Are you bringing your bike? Or are you going to rent? Lets ride.
No Worries is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 06:42 PM
October 2005 BOTM Winner!
First 1000 Member
 
itgirl25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: hanover, PA
Posts: 4,082
Send a message via AIM to itgirl25 Send a message via Yahoo to itgirl25
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries
Are you bringing your bike? Or are you going to rent? Lets ride.
no bike unfortunately. i doubt i'll be renting either. i don't have that much spending cash this trip. it was a last minute decision. my sis is going there for work, and my mom and i are tagging along to make a vacation out of it. just us 3 girls and the big city. we are gonna be in lakewood. you familiar with that? i'm not...

when you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?



http://www.myspace.com/itgirl25
itgirl25 is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 08:57 PM
First 1000 Member
 
No Worries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25
no bike unfortunately. i doubt i'll be renting either. i don't have that much spending cash this trip. it was a last minute decision. my sis is going there for work, and my mom and i are tagging along to make a vacation out of it. just us 3 girls and the big city. we are gonna be in lakewood. you familiar with that? i'm not...
Lakewood is just west of Denver, heading toward the foothills. There's lots of inexpensive or free things to do. Before you go, check to see who or what's playing at Red Rocks, the most incredible outdoor concert venue in the world. It's great to visit even in the day. Pick up a copy of Westword, which will tell you most everything going on in the area.

A tour of the Coors Brewery in Golden is free, and while in Golden (west of Lakewood), you have to ride up Lookout Mountain to Buffalo Bills' grave. They are repaving it next week, but it's Golden's Dragon. Look for my red, white, and blue CBR. Also check out the Chamber of Commerce in Golden.

I usually bring visitors to the Pearl St. mall in Boulder. It's like going back in time to the 1960's. It hit 102 today, and will be in the 100's most of next week, so a trip up I-70 to Vail, Leadville, or any of the ski towns would be cool. A ride up 14,000 foot Mt. Evans is neat, but it's about $8. If you like to gamble or watch other people lose money, take Clear Creek (US6) to Blackhawk. My wife and I like to drive up there and we rarely gamble. If the Rockies are in town, go there early to get cheap tickets in the Rockpile. It's a mile high and 12 percent humidity, so drink lots of water, take it easy, and wear sunscreen.
No Worries is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 09:12 PM
October 2005 BOTM Winner!
First 1000 Member
 
itgirl25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: hanover, PA
Posts: 4,082
Send a message via AIM to itgirl25 Send a message via Yahoo to itgirl25
thanks for all the info. i'm definately gonna share that. i wouldn't have known where to start out there. i know it is a pretty big place. you gave us some great ideas for things to do. much appreciated, and i will keep an eye out for that awesome bike of yours.

when you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?



http://www.myspace.com/itgirl25
itgirl25 is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 09:16 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Earlzach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South, NJ
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries
Lakewood is just west of Denver, heading toward the foothills. There's lots of inexpensive or free things to do. Before you go, check to see who or what's playing at Red Rocks, the most incredible outdoor concert venue in the world. It's great to visit even in the day. Pick up a copy of Westword, which will tell you most everything going on in the area.

A tour of the Coors Brewery in Golden is free, and while in Golden (west of Lakewood), you have to ride up Lookout Mountain to Buffalo Bills' grave. They are repaving it next week, but it's Golden's Dragon. Look for my red, white, and blue CBR. Also check out the Chamber of Commerce in Golden.

I usually bring visitors to the Pearl St. mall in Boulder. It's like going back in time to the 1960's. It hit 102 today, and will be in the 100's most of next week, so a trip up I-70 to Vail, Leadville, or any of the ski towns would be cool. A ride up 14,000 foot Mt. Evans is neat, but it's about $8. If you like to gamble or watch other people lose money, take Clear Creek (US6) to Blackhawk. My wife and I like to drive up there and we rarely gamble. If the Rockies are in town, go there early to get cheap tickets in the Rockpile. It's a mile high and 12 percent humidity, so drink lots of water, take it easy, and wear sunscreen.
Surprised you didnt mention Estes Park? That is a great place. Also Is Casa Bonitas (sp) Still in Denver? THat is the best Mexican Restraunt ever. I grew up in that place.

Earlzach, Yamaha FZ1
"Some things are just best done NEKKED"
SOFAKINGII Owner David
Earlzach is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 10:52 PM
 
DLIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Drinking Soju in Korea
Posts: 17,886
Send a message via AIM to DLIT
I went out riding today. Got some video footage too. Haven't edited it yet and when that happens, I think it'll still be too big to put anywhere. We're getting more footage tomorrow.
DLIT is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 12:58 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25
you would look hot sporting one of these. it's even the perfect color for your bike. i just picked this up last weekend. i am now an attention whore.





-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 03:17 PM
October 2005 BOTM Winner!
First 1000 Member
 
itgirl25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: hanover, PA
Posts: 4,082
Send a message via AIM to itgirl25 Send a message via Yahoo to itgirl25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man

that's me!

when you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?



http://www.myspace.com/itgirl25
itgirl25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome