Cagers...Cyclist ..& criters oh my - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
First 1000 Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 2,248
Cagers...Cyclist ..& criters oh my

Alright Im riding around this morning, Im at a light with a left on green arrow only....well light turns green arrow & Im about to roll throttle & I check both cross traffics & this beootch A$$ cyclist (pedal kind) runs the red light...had I rolled on the throttle that clown wouldve collided with me he just looks at me as he passes & waves I yelled as loud as I could "Dumba$$" but I dont think he heard me through my lid...



Post up your close encounters with things other than cagers

Currently bikeless
Was 007 CBR 600RR
was '98 YZF 600R
ne1469 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Premium Member
 
justpucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 4,688
So I just got this bike, not alot of experience. I've got a friend who takes me down to a local park, with lots of parking lots (but not much traffic aftern 6pm) and I just practice stop and goes and stop signs. This park is built in an old gravel pit, and has lots of little ponds. Most people in lake-land know Ponds = Geese. Damn things are territorial. So in parking lots with cars, i don't go more than about 10 mph so if they back out with out seeing me I can respond in time. i was chased about 100 ft by this goose... I swear the damn thing was going to catch me.
justpucky is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
First 1000 Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 2,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpucky
Most people in lake-land know Ponds = Geese. Damn things are territorial. So in parking lots with cars, i don't go more than about 10 mph so if they back out with out seeing me I can respond in time. i was chased about 100 ft by this goose... I swear the damn thing was going to catch me.
OMG :BAHA:

what would u have done if it caught U?

Currently bikeless
Was 007 CBR 600RR
was '98 YZF 600R
ne1469 is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Premium Member
 
justpucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 4,688
with my level of experience and confidence... Dropped the bike on it!
justpucky is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpucky
So I just got this bike, not alot of experience. I've got a friend who takes me down to a local park, with lots of parking lots (but not much traffic aftern 6pm) and I just practice stop and goes and stop signs. This park is built in an old gravel pit, and has lots of little ponds. Most people in lake-land know Ponds = Geese. Damn things are territorial. So in parking lots with cars, i don't go more than about 10 mph so if they back out with out seeing me I can respond in time. i was chased about 100 ft by this goose... I swear the damn thing was going to catch me.
When I was a kid I was attacked by a goose... evil mutant goose from hell... Camping on the Ohio River, step mom feeding the ducks, strange looking goose comes out of nowhere... had some sort of defect, bright red growth on it's face, not unlike a turkey's wattle except it was on the side of it's face... Long story short it went after my stepmom and I got two shots off with my slingshot (one of those sweet crossman deals... miss that thing)... WAP! in the chest... WAP!... second one a direct hit to the head, it's head flipped upside down curling it's neck up... then the damn thing came after me, I ran, fell, and the thing was all over me... drew blood in a couple places from bites and scratches... dad's size 12 saved the day... booted that thing and it took off... crazy chit...

Anyway not to hijack this thread any further... I don't have many run-ins that aren't from cagers... However I did almost mow some kid down on his bike... I don't know if he didn't see me, or if he just thought he could make it... Either way, this snot nosed 8 year old punk jumps the curb and gets right out in front of me... luckily he stopped... guessing he froze when he realized he wasn't going to make it... At any rate that saved me from having to vear right into the curb, instead I was able to pull left very hard and miss him... of course I almost hit the parked car on that side, but everyone made it out in one piece... Shouldv'e seen that kids face... Eyes as big as dinner plates... Ever see a black person turn white? I did that day... Of course I am sure I was a little more pale after that...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Knee Dragger
 
Cant get it down!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Where the sun don't shine.
Posts: 468
Send a message via MSN to Cant get it down!!!
I said it on the golf ball and baseball thread, but I'll be a good sport... Yes I have been attacked by mangos. Not 2 days after posting on said thread, 2 mangos fall, right in my path, I was going about 40, first mango falls, and I hear the thump, its a good ways ahead but then it rolls right where I am headed to so I swerve to the right and miss. Then after checking my rearviews, I catch a glimpse of another one, this time I did'nt even hear the thump. It just hit ground and I ran over the damn sweet fruit. Needless to say my front tire slipped, but nothing happend, EXCEPT I needed pull the bike's seat from my butt since it puckered up so much. I bet it would've been worst if the mango actually hit me on the helmet, these things brake car windshields, can't imagine what it'd do to my spine...

On another mango associated story, me and my buddy were ridin some twisties, nothing fast just for fun, it was like midnite too. He has a cruiser, so I let him go first so I dont get carried away, were takin this almost 180 degree turn, the type that tightens up on you, his peg scrapes... Not much needed for that on a cruiser... then next thing I know I see sparks, my buddy lowsiding, a crushed mango following all the scrape and skid marks, and a car headed right for my buddy... There was an that day with him. The car stops, my buddy jumps up, a little sore, and only two small scrapes on his arms, the bike, bent handlebar... bent like 1/8 of an inch. So we ride to his house, spend the night there, the next day, we get another handlebar he had, swapped it, and its like nothing happened. So what happened? He slipped on a mango going full lean on his bike... The moral of this story: Mangos are like cagers... They can be sweet, but there's still some out there to get us. BEWARE THE MANGO!!!

Cant get it down!!! is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
Last wednesday or thursday morning...I hit a possum on the way home around 430 am...I thought it broke my fairing...
bumblebee is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Sportbike Junkie
 
GiXeRXtC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho
When I was a kid I was attacked by a goose... evil mutant goose from hell... Camping on the Ohio River, step mom feeding the ducks, strange looking goose comes out of nowhere... had some sort of defect, bright red growth on it's face, not unlike a turkey's wattle except it was on the side of it's face... Long story short it went after my stepmom and I got two shots off with my slingshot (one of those sweet crossman deals... miss that thing)... WAP! in the chest... WAP!... second one a direct hit to the head, it's head flipped upside down curling it's neck up... then the damn thing came after me, I ran, fell, and the thing was all over me... drew blood in a couple places from bites and scratches... dad's size 12 saved the day... booted that thing and it took off... crazy chit...

Anyway not to hijack this thread any further... I don't have many run-ins that aren't from cagers... However I did almost mow some kid down on his bike... I don't know if he didn't see me, or if he just thought he could make it... Either way, this snot nosed 8 year old punk jumps the curb and gets right out in front of me... luckily he stopped... guessing he froze when he realized he wasn't going to make it... At any rate that saved me from having to vear right into the curb, instead I was able to pull left very hard and miss him... of course I almost hit the parked car on that side, but everyone made it out in one piece... Shouldv'e seen that kids face... Eyes as big as dinner plates... Ever see a black person turn white? I did that day... Of course I am sure I was a little more pale after that...
That has to be one of the funniest stories I've ever heard

Riding is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be unnatural
Always leave 'em wanting more

GiXeRXtC is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Sportbike Junkie
 
GiXeRXtC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 543
Quote:
On another mango associated story, me and my buddy were ridin some twisties, nothing fast just for fun, it was like midnite too. He has a cruiser, so I let him go first so I dont get carried away, were takin this almost 180 degree turn, the type that tightens up on you, his peg scrapes... Not much needed for that on a cruiser... then next thing I know I see sparks, my buddy lowsiding, a crushed mango following all the scrape and skid marks, and a car headed right for my buddy... There was an that day with him. The car stops, my buddy jumps up, a little sore, and only two small scrapes on his arms, the bike, bent handlebar... bent like 1/8 of an inch. So we ride to his house, spend the night there, the next day, we get another handlebar he had, swapped it, and its like nothing happened. So what happened? He slipped on a mango going full lean on his bike... The moral of this story: Mangos are like cagers... They can be sweet, but there's still some out there to get us. BEWARE THE MANGO!!!
Isn't it amazing... I feel lots of times I'm riding with 's

Riding is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be unnatural
Always leave 'em wanting more

GiXeRXtC is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Premium Member
 
justpucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 4,688
So Wednesday my friend and I were riding north of town and had a moment.

I was watching this pick-up truck aproach the road in front of us from a long driveway. He had a black Lab running on one side of the truck and a yellow lab on the other side. The Yellow started out behind the truck, so I saw him. By the time the pick-up stopped at the edge of the road (my friend and I had right of way) the yellow was completely hidden by the truck, If I hadn't been looking that far ahead, and checking for things approaching from well off the road (Search for those who've recently attended the MSF course), I would never have known there was a second dog.

While the owner yeilded right of way, the dogs didn't. The black went shooting accross the road in front of me. I was almost stopped (down to 20 mph from 65) when I actually reached the front of the driveway.. and the yellow actually curved to run down the road with me as I accellerated away.

I wasn't sure if I was going to hit one, get bit by one, or have the dumb thing jump on me and knock me down...

I hate dogs that are not yard trained and still run free.
justpucky is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
First 1000 Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 2,248
what is it with ya & animals chasing ya good thing no incident though

Currently bikeless
Was 007 CBR 600RR
was '98 YZF 600R
ne1469 is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Premium Member
 
justpucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 4,688
I guess I just have an "animal" magnetism... what can I say?
justpucky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome