Is the media doctoring images? - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
Is the media doctoring images?

http://aish.com/movies/PhotoFraud.asp

ShanMan14 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:57 AM
First 1000 Member
 
fatburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tough streets of KC
Posts: 4,434
Media doctoring images....it wouldn't surprise me one single bit. The news strives on ratings, you have to keep people interested.

2004 Yamaha FZ6
fatburg is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
Of course they are...all media outlets slant their news...no matter how "Fair and Balanced" they claim to be...
bumblebee is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 08:03 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
marko138 is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Premium Member
 
justpucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 4,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
Media here.
And even you have to admit, not all franchises are fair and unbiased. Even those who try to be have reporters who create a slant and try to make a name for themselves.

It's a fact of life in america.
justpucky is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Rae
Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
Rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW, Florida
Posts: 5,213
keep in mind, it is all about "sensationalism"... (no offense Marko) but could the media really catch our attention with happy stuff?

no, they couldnt, they have to find something to offend our sensabilities and provoke a reaction...then we stayed tuned to see what else happens...

i dont watch the news (shoot, i dont even watch tv), i rarely read the paper, if I want to find out about something I make a concerted effort to find the truth...
Rae is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 08:14 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpucky
And even you have to admit, not all franchises are fair and unbiased. Even those who try to be have reporters who create a slant and try to make a name for themselves.

It's a fact of life in america.
I fully concure. I'm just looking for a paycheck every 2 weeks. And in 3 weeks HS football starts...which means big time OT for me while I shoot games. I enjoy that. Sports = fun. News = teh suck.



marko138 is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Nothing new. Its another business trying to survive.

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeRR
keep in mind, it is all about "sensationalism"... (no offense Marko) but could the media really catch our attention with happy stuff?

no, they couldnt, they have to find something to offend our sensabilities and provoke a reaction...then we stayed tuned to see what else happens...

i dont watch the news (shoot, i dont even watch tv), i rarely read the paper, if I want to find out about something I make a concerted effort to find the truth...
Actually, I think they could catch our attention with happy stuff, however the happy stuff does not create an uproar... Bottom line is the happy stuff does not work as well to push an agenda... Making people feel good promotes a certain degree of complacency... On the other hand the horrible crap that pisses people off causes more action in the intended direction... ala brainwashing...

How much more often do you hear someone ranting and raving versus hearing someone spout off about how happy they are?

Attention America... The media is making you think what they want you to think!
Of course, nobody's listening...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Factory Racer
 
King Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Port Richey FL
Posts: 2,142
Send a message via AIM to King Bob
and you know now why I refuse to watch the news, or read the papers.

life is but a way of killing time until you die. why care how you live, just have fun while you can.
King Bob is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bob
and you know now why I refuse to watch the news, or read the papers.

Just because you ignore it doesn't mean it will go away or that it won't bite you in the butt
bumblebee is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:46 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 2,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
Of course they are...all media outlets slant their news...no matter how "Fair and Balanced" they claim to be...
I stopped watching the news years ago

Currently bikeless
Was 007 CBR 600RR
was '98 YZF 600R
ne1469 is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:57 PM
 
DLIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Drinking Soju in Korea
Posts: 17,886
Send a message via AIM to DLIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne1469
I stopped watching the news years ago
DLIT is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:38 PM
First 1000 Member
 
fatburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tough streets of KC
Posts: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
Just because you ignore it doesn't mean it will go away or that it won't bite you in the butt
true, but it does make me more elusive

2004 Yamaha FZ6
fatburg is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:10 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Chuckademus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney, Aust.
Posts: 614
I'm not usually one to listen to anything without considering the source!

Have any of you removed the /movies/photofraud.asp bit, and just gone to
http://aish.com/ ?

I'm not making any comments/judgements/etc. I'm simply pointing out a fact!

Chuckademus is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:26 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckademus
I'm not usually one to listen to anything without considering the source!

Have any of you removed the /movies/photofraud.asp bit, and just gone to
http://aish.com/ ?

I'm not making any comments/judgements/etc. I'm simply pointing out a fact!

Good call...

Here is an unbiased source for good information: WARNING THE FOLLOWING IS UTTERLY OFFENSIVE TO JUST ABOUT EVERYONE
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
Funny as hell though... I dunno why, seeing that other website just reminded me of Landover... I guess it's because the layout used to be similar...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckademus
I'm not usually one to listen to anything without considering the source!

Have any of you removed the /movies/photofraud.asp bit, and just gone to
http://aish.com/ ?

I'm not making any comments/judgements/etc. I'm simply pointing out a fact!

I see your point!

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 04:44 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne1469
I stopped watching the news years ago
Me too...



marko138 is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:59 AM
Newbie
 
el YZF-o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Hook, NY
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckademus
I'm not usually one to listen to anything without considering the source!

Have any of you removed the /movies/photofraud.asp bit, and just gone to
http://aish.com/ ?

I'm not making any comments/judgements/etc. I'm simply pointing out a fact!


Yea, I was about to point out the same thing. I believe the evidence, but I'm sure there are just as many doctored images showing Hezbollah attacks in Israel that the report did not address.
el YZF-o is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 01:57 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Forget who is reporting about what...

The point is that the media who SHOULD report the news as it TRUELY is, is jacking with the truth!

I have been saying this for quite sometime!

Fthe media! They aren't worth the sweat off the end of my c**k!

Marko... you my boy!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome