A little early morning Karma..... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
A little early morning Karma.....

When will people learn -- Karma is alive and well in the universe, and she WILL come back to bite you in the patoot. Sometimes it's instantly, sometimes it takes years, but it WILL happen.

For these two people, it was pretty much the instant variety:

From http://www.news4jax.com/news/10004108/detail.html

Quote:
ATLANTIC BEACH, Fla. -- Police said two people are confirmed dead in a traffic crash early Thursday in Atlantic Beach. It happened just after 2 a.m. in the 1800 block of Sevilla Boulevard.

Atlantic Beach police said someone in the neighborhood called police after hearing what was thought to be a traffic crash. Police arrived and found a Toyota pickup truck that had overturned and hit a tree. The truck was on fire.

Police tried to rescue the occupants but they both died. Police said the truck also exploded. The police officer was not hurt in the explosion.

Police said the pickup truck was reported stolen out of St. Johns County.

Watch for updates to this story on the local station beginning at 5 a.m.
neebelung is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:07 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
If they wouldn't of stole it, and decided to walk, they'd still be alive. paybacks a bi...I mean meeting with the grimmer.
DLIT is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Exactly...
neebelung is offline  
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:11 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
what goes around come back around 10 fold!
1BadCBR is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:16 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Has anyone ever stolen a car in here?
DLIT is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:48 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
bumblebee is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLITALIEN View Post
Has anyone ever stolen a car in here?
Ummm... well... I guess TECHNICALLY.....

When we were 13, my friend Heather and I would snag her 17-year-old-sister's license out of her purse, then roll the car out of the driveway and go riding around town. We got away with it LOTS of times, but did eventually get caught by her parents. That wasn't pretty.
neebelung is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:51 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Tell us the story.
DLIT is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:52 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLITALIEN View Post
Has anyone ever stolen a car in here?
one of my best friends in college kind of did. He traded in his car for a truck. A couple weeks later was walking back to his house drunk and saw it in the car lot still and realized he still had a key for it. An hour later and pretty beat up he returned it to the lot
fatburg is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:52 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Ummm... well... I guess TECHNICALLY.....

When we were 13, my friend Heather and I would snag her 17-year-old-sister's license out of her purse, then roll the car out of the driveway and go riding around town. We got away with it LOTS of times, but did eventually get caught by her parents. That wasn't pretty.
Oooo. Ouch. At least it wasn't your family, but I'm sure your mom/dad heard about it and layed the law.
DLIT is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:53 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburg View Post
one of my best friends in college kind of did. He traded in his car for a truck. A couple weeks later was walking back to his house drunk and saw it in the car lot still and realized he still had a key for it. An hour later and pretty beat up he returned it to the lot
Got away with it?
DLIT is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:54 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLITALIEN View Post
Got away with it?
as far as we know. He wasn't going to go to ask.
fatburg is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:55 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburg View Post
as far as we know. He wasn't going to go to ask.
Good deal. Especially if he got a crappy deal for his trade.
DLIT is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:57 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLITALIEN View Post
Good deal. Especially if he got a crappy deal for his trade.
pretty much every stupid event I did in college involved that guy
fatburg is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLITALIEN View Post
Oooo. Ouch. At least it wasn't your family, but I'm sure your mom/dad heard about it and layed the law.


Actually, my parents never found out. I played that one really well.... We were actually in the process of moving a couple hours away, so I told them my parents were at the new house, and I was staying with my aunt. Then I claimed to not know my Aunt's phone number, and gave her my Aunt's maiden name when she called information.

Then I called a friend's older brother to come pick me up, crashed at their house, and went home in the a.m. like nothing ever happened.
neebelung is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:01 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post


Actually, my parents never found out. I played that one really well.... We were actually in the process of moving a couple hours away, so I told them my parents were at the new house, and I was staying with my aunt. Then I claimed to not know my Aunt's phone number, and gave her my Aunt's maiden name when she called information.

Then I called a friend's older brother to come pick me up, crashed at their house, and went home in the a.m. like nothing ever happened.
DLIT is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLITALIEN View Post

i am strangely mesmerized by this vid...

and no, i never stole a car...or "borrowed" one...
Rae is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:08 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeRR View Post
i am strangely mesmerized by this vid...

and no, i never stole a car...or "borrowed" one...
He's pointing at you.
DLIT is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:14 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
I worked for a while with a locksmith. We did repos on the side...usually the repos were the kind that were so late, we grabbed the car anywhere, anytime we could and did whatever it took, short of jacking an occupied vehicle...

I still have all my tools...just in case
bumblebee is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:18 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLITALIEN View Post
Has anyone ever stolen a car in here?
i refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I was young and dumb..
TATER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome