Sick - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 625
Sick

No no......nothing sick to look at, nothing sick to read, etc.....

I'm sick. dang cold is kickin' my butt! Wifey's got me on all sortsa remedies to get me well. Hope I have enough strength to twist the throttle this weekend
Chappy_GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 08:48 PM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,840
hope you get better soon! for me it helps if I'm drinking as much water as I can stand, sure I have to pee every 15 min but it seems to help me recover quicker.
Knight is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightHunter84 View Post
hope you get better soon! for me it helps if I'm drinking as much water as I can stand, sure I have to pee every 15 min but it seems to help me recover quicker.

Yea, me too. I am trying Zicam for the first time, hope it works.
Chappy_GT is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy_GT View Post
Yea, me too. I am trying Zicam for the first time, hope it works.
Zicam really only works if you start taking it the second you notice any symptoms... like the lil' scratch in the back of your throat... I also take Airborne... it really doesn't do a whole lot but force a ton of vitamins into your system... The combo between that and Zicam usually takes care of your cold within a few days...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
Zicam really only works if you start taking it the second you notice any symptoms... like the lil' scratch in the back of your throat... I also take Airborne... it really doesn't do a whole lot but force a ton of vitamins into your system... The combo between that and Zicam usually takes care of your cold within a few days...
Right on
Chappy_GT is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 11:04 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,348
get well soon...

if you die can i have your bike..
TATER is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:11 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
<---Chappy.


Get well brother.



marko138 is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 09:37 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
What is this sick you speak of??
Take lots if vitamin C and get lots of sleep.
Rider is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalad View Post
get well soon...

if you die can i have your bike..
Only if you can pry it from MY COLD DEAD HANDS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
<---Chappy.


Get well brother.
You have spy cams in my house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR_Z750s_rider View Post
What is this sick you speak of??
Take lots if vitamin C and get lots of sleep.
I think I'll buy stock in vitamin C.
Chappy_GT is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 07:12 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Hey Chappy... misery loves company... I too am sick sick sick....

I went up to the condo for the first time after we left it all locked up. Forgot to wipe down the fridge/freezer. I was smelling the fridge trying to figure out what that rank ass smell was... opened up the freezer to find mold. then the rest of the night/basically immediately after... I could feel lie it was i my throat. the next morning... soar really soar throat. That got worse and worse... now its a full blown cold and I'm not a happy camper! I wish I could just sleep it off!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 07:34 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Get well you sick bastards.



marko138 is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 07:36 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Get well you sick bastards.
and don't spread no internet virus this way....
1BadCBR is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 07:36 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadCBR View Post
and don't spread no internet virus this way....
Yeah that too.



marko138 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
it is that time of the year!! I hope you feel better soon, you 2 gas...i feel your pain...i visited the inlaws this past couple days in TN and I always come back sick as a dog (cough, cough, hack) I had a much better trip this year but I am steeling feeling pretty low...get lots of rest and take those vitamins!!
Rae is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadCBR View Post
and don't spread no internet virus this way....

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Hey Chappy... misery loves company... I too am sick sick sick....

I went up to the condo for the first time after we left it all locked up. Forgot to wipe down the fridge/freezer. I was smelling the fridge trying to figure out what that rank ass smell was... opened up the freezer to find mold. then the rest of the night/basically immediately after... I could feel lie it was i my throat. the next morning... soar really soar throat. That got worse and worse... now its a full blown cold and I'm not a happy camper! I wish I could just sleep it off!
Dude, you should at least call your doctor... Mold is horrible... it can kill you...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 07:21 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
I feel like 50% better today. Even took a nap this afternoon and that ROCKED!!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome