My favorite ride is burning - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 625
My favorite ride is burning



Here's a link to the story: KTTV-LA

This fire is at the entrance to the canyon I ride weekly. Hope the fire-fighters will contain this one quickly & the locals will be ok. Super nice people.

A pic from my backyard:

Chappy_GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:55 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Wow...that is just banana's. Hopefully they get that sorted out soon.



marko138 is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,840
Oh jeepers! sucks about the canyon but is your house in any danger?!?!?
Knight is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 625
We're not in danger. The fire is about 20 miles from us.

We're going to have to ride to Big Bear on Sat.
Chappy_GT is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 01:06 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy_GT View Post
We're not in danger. The fire is about 20 miles from us.

We're going to have to ride to Big Bear on Sat.
Thats the nature of living in SoCal. Wild fires all the time.

Fabulous ride! I used to go up there all the time as a kid.
Rider is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 625
oh man........it just got worse:

Quote:
FOXnews.com CABAZON, Calif. Three firefighters were killed and two critically injured Thursday battling a wind-whipped wildfire that drove hundreds of people from their homes, the U.S. Forest Service said.

The firefighters were killed attempting to protect a home early Thursday from the flames that broke out in this community near Palm Springs, 90 miles east of Los Angeles.

"They were trapped within the (fire) engine," said Pat Boss, a U.S. Forest Service spokesman.
Full Story Here
Chappy_GT is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR_Z750s_rider View Post
Thats the nature of living in SoCal. Wild fires all the time.

Indeed!
Chappy_GT is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 01:46 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
You may want to keep your eye on the TV...20 miles ain't nuthin for a fire to run up on...
bumblebee is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 02:44 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
You may want to keep your eye on the TV...20 miles ain't nuthin for a fire to run up on...
Be safe my brother.



marko138 is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
You may want to keep your eye on the TV...20 miles ain't nuthin for a fire to run up on...
True true, & thanks Marko
Chappy_GT is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 03:48 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
That sucks! One of the popular spots out here was on fire for a bit. Like a week. Everything is cool now thouhg. It's just infested with coppers now.
DLIT is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 05:09 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
This is all over the news. Shiz is burning like crazy. I saw people are stuck in an RV camp cuz the only road out is burned.



marko138 is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 06:44 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Not sure what the latest is this morning, but 4 firefighters are dead, and they suspect arson? It's tragic enough as it is, but then to think that someone intentionally put those lives in danger just makes me sick.
neebelung is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 06:59 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Not sure what the latest is this morning, but 4 firefighters are dead, and they suspect arson? It's tragic enough as it is, but then to think that someone intentionally put those lives in danger just makes me sick.
Yep. The charge will include murder when they find the individuals who allegedly started the fire.



marko138 is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 06:59 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Man that sucks on call counts Chappy.... may good be with those firefighters that are still ou there fighting the fight and those that have lost the fight. Godspeed!

The same goes to you man... stay safe!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 07:52 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Yep. The charge will include murder when they find the individuals who allegedly started the fire.
Proly some stupid ass kids. They need to be tired as adults when they get caught. Or they should put them in a room with TWF.
DLIT is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 625
I think I'll go for a ride today. Maybe ask some questions, look around, poke around, etc....

I doubt that this ignorant, cretinous, obtuse, uncultivated, imbecilic moron is anywhere near here, but it would be nice to give the $100k reward to the families of those fire fighters.

October is my favorite month. The weather is just right. Winds blow just enough to take the edge off the heat of the sun. Clouds usually hang around & remind me of life in Montana & the leaves start to change color. Last Monday, I came home from riding to Idyllwild. As usual, my wife greets me with a tall glass of iced tea & asks me how my ride was. This day, inparticular, I was enthusiastic in my responce. "Oh Man! What a ride! You wouldn't have believed it, honey! Picture a mountain with so many dark green, lush trees that you can't even see the ground. Now picture blots of orange, dark red, & yellow all over the mountain! It was gorgeous!!", I exclaimed. Had I known (I hate having to say that) someone would have destroyed this beauty a coulpe of days later I would have taken my cameras with me.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent a little.
Chappy_GT is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:39 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy_GT View Post
I think I'll go for a ride today. Maybe ask some questions, look around, poke around, etc....

I doubt that this ignorant, cretinous, obtuse, uncultivated, imbecilic moron is anywhere near here, but it would be nice to give the $100k reward to the families of those fire fighters.

October is my favorite month. The weather is just right. Winds blow just enough to take the edge off the heat of the sun. Clouds usually hang around & remind me of life in Montana & the leaves start to change color. Last Monday, I came home from riding to Idyllwild. As usual, my wife greets me with a tall glass of iced tea & asks me how my ride was. This day, inparticular, I was enthusiastic in my responce. "Oh Man! What a ride! You wouldn't have believed it, honey! Picture a mountain with so many dark green, lush trees that you can't even see the ground. Now picture blots of orange, dark red, & yellow all over the mountain! It was gorgeous!!", I exclaimed. Had I known (I hate having to say that) someone would have destroyed this beauty a coulpe of days later I would have taken my cameras with me.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent a little.
At least you got out and got to appreciate it while it was stil in it's lush splendor. And the images in your mind cannot be erased... you'll always have them.
neebelung is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
That picture is SICK!

Reason #1,378 why I will never move to California. The place is more flamable than a gas soaked rag and harder to put out than thermite.

OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 11:33 AM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,840
RIP firemen
Knight is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome