Spell check doesnt always work... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,535
Spell check doesnt always work...

One of my friends showed me this a while back and I finally found it again:
------------------------------------------------------
A Little Poem Regarding Computer Spell Checkers...

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.
upshift is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Nice.



marko138 is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
i think that made me dizzy!!
Rae is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 05:00 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,348
i felt dyslexic reading that...
TATER is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy
what sucks is when ur writing a research paper and u know tis right but it tells ya ur wrong



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalad View Post
i felt dyslexic reading that...
...sper ruoy kcehc ot deen uoy ,cixelsyd fo gnikaepS
upshift is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:23 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 325
And thats why I never use it... I figgure it this way. If Im going to screw up, I might as well do it good and propper.

Also I am highly dislexic and as most of you can tell very ADD. So I need to keep on top of spelling, grammer ect...

And here you thought I was just a post whore.

Homework is fun
the ghoul is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:43 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,420
thats wy yu mary a grant riter she can prof read al yur asinments and make yu luk al smart at scool instuf
byron12 is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:54 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,348
Fun Knee
TATER is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 10:06 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
thats wy yu mary a grant riter she can prof read al yur asinments and make yu luk al smart at scool instuf
Um... no, this is my homework.

I go on these forums to practice use the language so that way when I have to handwrite something (without use of a dictionary) no one will be able to tell. I usually donít mention any of this because I hate when people poke fun at something I have worked so hard at.
I understand how some one cant pass on an over played joke though.
the ghoul is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 10:40 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ghoul View Post
Um... no, this is my homework.

I go on these forums to practice use the language so that way when I have to handwrite something (without use of a dictionary) no one will be able to tell. I usually don’t mention any of this because I hate when people poke fun at something I have worked so hard at.
I understand how some one cant pass on an over played joke though.
I did not realize that you would interpret my post as poking fun at learning disabilities which I have had to overcome as well. I was actually responding to the title of the thread i hadn't even read your post untill after you posted a rebuttal. now that i have read your post I can see why you thought I was making fun of you personally I apologize for the misunderstanding. I also use forums to practice my language skills, but since it was the spellchecker misspelling thread I thought I would try to butcher some of the english language for the purpose of mild internet humor. If you read the rest of the posts in this thread excluding yours my post seems relevent so It my be a little unfair to expect me to be sensitive to your disability since you shared it in the spellchecker doesn't work thread.

Last edited by byron12; 11-15-2006 at 02:33 AM.
byron12 is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 05:07 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
That does hurt my eyes to read...




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 06:07 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
I feel dumber now.
DLIT is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 06:09 AM
Rookie
 
milotupy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
One of my friends showed me this a while back and I finally found it again:
------------------------------------------------------
A Little Poem Regarding Computer Spell Checkers...

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.
hey upshift, how's your mom doing?
milotupy is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
...sper ruoy kcehc ot deen uoy ,cixelsyd fo gnikaepS
!eno doog
1BadCBR is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 06:46 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by milotupy View Post
hey upshift, how's your mom doing?
What does this mean?



marko138 is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 08:20 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
What does this mean?
It means...
DLIT is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 05:57 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
I did not realize that you would interpret my post as poking fun at learning disabilities which I have had to overcome as well. I was actually responding to the title of the thread i hadn't even read your post untill after you posted a rebuttal. now that i have read your post I can see why you thought I was making fun of you personally I apologize for the misunderstanding. I also use forums to practice my language skills, but since it was the spellchecker misspelling thread I thought I would try to butcher some of the english language for the purpose of mild internet humor. If you read the rest of the posts in this thread excluding yours my post seems relevent so It my be a little unfair to expect me to be sensitive to your disability since you shared it in the spellchecker doesn't work thread.
Its cool man, I wasnít griping at you specifically. Iím just a bit too defensive cuz allot of the time people jump in and rip on me because of it.

Its all good. Iím sorry I over reacted.
the ghoul is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 02:51 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeRR View Post
i think that made me dizzy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalad View Post
i felt dyslexic reading that...
I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
...sper ruoy kcehc ot deen uoy ,cixelsyd fo gnikaepS
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
thats wy yu mary a grant riter she can prof read al yur asinments and make yu luk al smart at scool instuf
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalad View Post
Fun Knee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadCBR View Post
!eno doog
Wow, all of that is VERY difficult to read!!!!!!!
Captain Morgan is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
dont worry ghoul...ppl who jump on others for something like are jerks anyway!!! if it makes you feel better...i have OCD to the extreme...


actually, did you know that you can misspell most words but as long as you keep the letters together people can still read them...

fro exmaple...
Rae is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome