Ball in a Hole - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 111
Ball in a Hole

A table tennis ball fell into a tight deep pipe. The pipe was only a bit wider then the ball, so you can not use your hand. How would you take it out, with no damage?

GOOD LUCK!!!!
timmy422 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy422 View Post
A table tennis ball fell into a tight deep pipe. The pipe was only a bit wider then the ball, so you can not use your hand. How would you take it out, with no damage?

GOOD LUCK!!!!

If the pipe has a bottom...assuming it does as the ball is resting on it...use compressed air...or fill the pipe with water...
bumblebee is offline  
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: gtown
Posts: 163
fill the pipe with water
riding triumph is offline  
post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:13 PM
First 1000 Member
March 2008 BOTM Winner!
 
pickle.of.doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Howell,MI
Posts: 4,183
Fill it with water.

pickle.of.doom is offline  
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy422 View Post
A table tennis ball fell into a tight deep pipe. The pipe was only a bit wider then the ball, so you can not use your hand. How would you take it out, with no damage?

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Fill the pipe with water... or use the shop vac... or Bee's compressed air option... I guess it depends on what's in the pipe with the ball...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:16 PM
First 1000 Member
March 2008 BOTM Winner!
 
pickle.of.doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Howell,MI
Posts: 4,183
pee in the pipe. Then wash the ball off when you are done

pickle.of.doom is offline  
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
pee in the pipe. Then wash the ball off when you are done
Or give it to your buddies for their beer pong game...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Premium Member
 
upshift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwest GA
Posts: 5,535
Send a message via AIM to upshift
Take a big piece of velcro and tie it to some string then put down in the hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveon2
...my immune system basically makes american bacteria its bitch.
upshift is offline  
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:19 PM
First 1000 Member
March 2008 BOTM Winner!
 
pickle.of.doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Howell,MI
Posts: 4,183
Yep, or wash it off in your buddies beer

pickle.of.doom is offline  
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
If the pipe has a bottom...assuming it does as the ball is resting on it...use compressed air...or fill the pipe with water...
HE'S GOOOOODDDD!!!!
timmy422 is offline  
post #11 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:22 PM
First 1000 Member
March 2008 BOTM Winner!
 
pickle.of.doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Howell,MI
Posts: 4,183
I'd still rather pee on it, but thats just me




pickle.of.doom is offline  
post #12 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy422 View Post
HE'S GOOOOODDDD!!!!
Actually it was just very easy...

Try this... I had this on a job interview once...

Draw this on a piece of paper:

. . .
. . .
. . .


Now connect all the dots with ONLY four connecting lines... And once you start, you cannot pick up your pencil...

I saw the following questions on the same little test... See if you can answer them correctly...

1) How do you put an elephant in a refrigerator?

2) How do you put a giraffe in the refrigerator?

3)The lion calls a jungle meeting and all the animals are there except for one. Which is it?

4)There is a river known to be full of crocodiles. How would you cross it?

OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #13 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
Actually it was just very easy...

Try this... I had this on a job interview once...

Draw this on a piece of paper:

. . .
. . .
. . .


Now connect all the dots with ONLY four connecting lines... And once you start, you cannot pick up your pencil...

I saw the following questions on the same little test... See if you can answer them correctly...

1) How do you put an elephant in a refrigerator?

2) How do you put a giraffe in the refrigerator?

3)The lion calls a jungle meeting and all the animals are there except for one. Which is it?

4)There is a river known to be full of crocodiles. How would you cross it?

timmy422 is offline  
post #14 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy422 View Post
Aww c'mon man... You took the fun out of it... BTW I got it right pretty quickly, but I did miss the answer to one of the questions... DON'T JUST POST THE ANSWERS FROM A GOOGLE SEARCH... Try to figure it out for real!
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #15 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post

1) How do you put an elephant in a refrigerator?

2) How do you put a giraffe in the refrigerator?

3)The lion calls a jungle meeting and all the animals are there except for one. Which is it?

4)There is a river known to be full of crocodiles. How would you cross it?

1. Open door, put elephant in, close door
2. Open door, get elephant out, put giraffe in, close door.
3. The giraffe, because he was still in the fridge.
4. Can't figure this one out
timmy422 is offline  
post #16 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 111
A man lives on the tenth floor of a building.
Every morning he takes the elevator down to the lobby and leaves the building.
In the evening, he gets into the elevator, and, if there is someone else in the elevator - or if it was raining that day - he goes back to his floor directly.
Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment.


Can you explain why?
timmy422 is offline  
post #17 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy422 View Post
1. Open door, put elephant in, close door
2. Open door, get elephant out, put giraffe in, close door.
3. The giraffe, because he was still in the fridge.
4. Can't figure this one out
Well done... The 2nd one I missed... I didn't pull the elephant out...

I am surprised you cannot get the last one... Keep thinking...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #18 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
Well done... The 2nd one I missed... I didn't pull the elephant out...

I am surprised you cannot get the last one... Keep thinking...
I got it...Swim..they are still at the meeting
timmy422 is offline  
post #19 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:56 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
. . .
. . .
. . .



I can do it in 3, but would need a really wide piece of paper. The dots on this test are usually big enough so that you could add slope to the lines you draw and thus have a sloped Z to accomplish it.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #20 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Premium Member
 
upshift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwest GA
Posts: 5,535
Send a message via AIM to upshift
Heres one for ur brain...

A wheel with a diameter of 5 inches rolls one revolution. Using no decimals, how far does it roll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveon2
...my immune system basically makes american bacteria its bitch.
upshift is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome