There's stupid.... and then.... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
There's stupid.... and then....

....there's this brain giant.

From our local news....

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/s...?storyid=70662

Quote:
By First Coast News Staff

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Jacksonville Sheriff John Rutherford got in a little street action Sunday.

Sheriff Rutherford arrested a man who had been seen popping wheelies down Beach Boulevard on a motorcycle.

The suspect, 26-year-old Dustin Richards, apparently whizzed by the sheriff's car.

Sheriff Rutherford says he saw Richards do two wheelies and put his feet on the handlebars of his motorcycle.

Another driver told police he saw Richards do three wheelies.

"I'm addicted to speed," said Richards, while in police custody. "If I make it to fifty, it'll be awesome."
Can we start a "Moron of the Year" award please (or are there simply too many potential nominees?)
neebelung is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 09:57 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Roach954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 505
Send a message via AIM to Roach954
Too many

99 Vette
Too much for 250 character limit! [email protected]. Horrible tires.

03 CBR954RR
See above.
Roach954 is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,181
...

yeah to many....
YZFR61ST is offline  
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 10:10 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,420
That guy wins the darwin award he should just have unprotected sex with prostitutes rather than ride a bike with his fatalistic frame of mind.
byron12 is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 10:24 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
That guy wins the darwin award he should just have unprotected sex with prostitutes rather than ride a bike with his fatalistic frame of mind.

Or he could just do both. He'll possibly die before he gets any ill affects from the STD's anyway.
Captain Morgan is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 10:43 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Or he could just do both. He'll possibly die before he gets any ill affects from the STD's anyway.
good point I would probably rather buy the farm on my bike instantly rather than
get the ghonerea razor umbrella.
byron12 is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:05 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
This is the best kind of problem... the one that eventually takes care of itself.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 12:53 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,002
hes sofa king we tod ed

mondos06cbr1000 is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 05:09 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
Damn Flordia people.........
1BadCBR is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 06:23 AM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
At least he tells the truth. I would say 99% of us do stupid sh*t on our bikes that we shouldn't be doing. I wouldn't put this guy anywhere near the top of the list of darwin awards. There are a ton of better candidates.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
This is the best kind of problem... the one that eventually takes care of itself.
SOOO true.
neebelung is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
At least he tells the truth. I would say 99% of us do stupid sh*t on our bikes that we shouldn't be doing. I wouldn't put this guy anywhere near the top of the list of darwin awards. There are a ton of better candidates.
No, he's not quite Darwin award material, but damned stupid nonetheless. The wheelie itself isn't what gets me (afterall, the Sheriff rides around in an unmarked car, so it's not like he knew ), it's the quote (and the utter look of ignorant bliss on his face in the mug shot) that makes me go
neebelung is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 06:59 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
Back in 1976, I got caught driving my 1970 hemi challenger 135 in a 35...When I went before the judge the next morning, he asked me what reason on earth would there be for me to be going that fast? I told him, "I just wanted to see what it would do..."

He told me, "Well, you won't have to worry about that for a while."

I rode a bicycle for the next 9 months and was $5500.00 poorer...

To put that fine in perspective...my 1977 corvette I bought new was only $10,200.00
bumblebee is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Back in 1976, I got caught driving my 1970 hemi challenger 135 in a 35...When I went before the judge the next morning, he asked me what reason on earth would there be for me to be going that fast? I told him, "I just wanted to see what it would do..."

He told me, "Well, you won't have to worry about that for a while."

I rode a bicycle for the next 9 months and was $5500.00 poorer...

To put that fine in perspective...my 1977 corvette I bought new was only $10,200.00

Yikes!!
neebelung is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:18 AM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
No, he's not quite Darwin award material, but damned stupid nonetheless. The wheelie itself isn't what gets me (afterall, the Sheriff rides around in an unmarked car, so it's not like he knew ), it's the quote (and the utter look of ignorant bliss on his face in the mug shot) that makes me go
All I know is he looks like he is having a good time with being arrested. I can't really fault him for having some fun with his life. He knows he was doing something illegal and decided to admit his fault. Most of us would try to talk our way out of it.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
All I know is he looks like he is having a good time with being arrested. I can't really fault him for having some fun with his life. He knows he was doing something illegal and decided to admit his fault. Most of us would try to talk our way out of it.
Ah, true, true (I suppose there's a point where ya have to know "There's no way in hell I'm walkin away from this" )
neebelung is offline  
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
(some folks on our local board know him as it turns out... general consensus is "Super nice, but crazy." Guess that about sums it up. )
neebelung is offline  
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:52 AM
TWF Champion
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SouthWest, PA
Posts: 3,230
Send a message via AIM to Phenix_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Back in 1976, I got caught driving my 1970 hemi challenger 135 in a 35...When I went before the judge the next morning, he asked me what reason on earth would there be for me to be going that fast? I told him, "I just wanted to see what it would do..."
He told me, "Well, you won't have to worry about that for a while."
I rode a bicycle for the next 9 months and was $5500.00 poorer...
To put that fine in perspective...my 1977 corvette I bought new was only $10,200.00
Should have told him the 1 was missing from your speedo- so you thought you were doing 35. At least the judge would have had a good laugh.
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
:BAHA: that is just funny!
Rae is offline  
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 08:21 AM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Now this is a deserving candidate for the darwin awards.

http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/...h=itn_911drugs

Quote:
Man Calls 911 to Report Stolen Drugs
By Associated Press
Mon Dec 11, 11:43 PM

WICHITA, Kan. - A Wichita man called 911 to report he was the victim of an armed robbery. The theft? A pound of marijuana worth about $1,100 that he had been trying to sell at his home.

The victim told police Thursday that a buyer had pulled out a sawed-off shotgun and stole the drugs.

Police brought in a drug-sniffing dog to the house and located more marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

The victim was booked into Sedgwick County jail on several charges, including possession with the intent to sell drug.

The thief has not been found.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome