Capital Punishment - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 392
Capital Punishment

***Now don't go starting any wars over this. Don't get nasty, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if we don't agree with it. This is just because I'm curious as to other's views on it, and why. Thanks***

Was watching "The Life of David Gale" tonight, very good movie, haven't seen in a while, and I was just wondering what everyone's views on it was. I personally don't believe in it, because I don't feel two wrongs make a right, and there's always mistakes in our justice system, and I don't believe our justice system is solid enough to warrant it, but thats just my Just wanna see what every thinks.
CrunchieJD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 02:35 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
I honestly dont know whether I agree with it or not. It's such a fine line. An eye for eye, is one argument..but 2 wrongs dont make a right is the other. I guess im undecided to a point. However, if there was a way to get clear cut, 100% without-a-doubt proof that the person was guilty of murder, then I'd lean more towards agreeing with capital punishment. But the problem is, there are so many innocent people on DR that may never have the chance to have the real truth revealed.

UGH..I dont know..
Need4Speed is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 07:31 AM
zed
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 97
Didn't Texas put in an express lane for the death penalty?
zed is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 07:38 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed
Didn't Texas put in an express lane for the death penalty?
Heh, that was the first thing I thought of too. Great minds...

Yes, its pretty difficult to know for certain the guilt of any individual. And, yes, the American Justice system depends on how much money you throw at it to achieve your own innocence. And Illinois was right to suspend all punishments in light of the revelations about its "success" rate.

But I still think its necessary. Terry Nichols and other terrorists are good examples. But I would say that those who can (and do) convert others through teachings to cause harm to others, mentally or physically, fall into my category for "removal". Here an example is the guy who encouraged that kid to join him in the random shootings out East (sorry, can't remember those names).

I'm not a very forgiving person, which is in stark contrast to my religious background, but that's just how I am.
kanwisch is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 10:36 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,544
I used to be adamantly against it, two wrongs don't make a right, that makes us no better than them.

But, screw it. . I don't see why we should pay 6 figures per year to keep a worthless sack of s*** alive when money could be spent on children's hospitals, etc. So, I'm all for it. . however, it would require dna evidence, etc etc.

Personally, unless someone is a full blown vegan, I don't think they have room to be strongly opposed to capital punishment.
Pigface1 is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 10:51 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch
\Terry Nichols and other terrorists are good examples.
We went crazy out here about that, and McVeigh as well. Perspective changes completely when something like that hits close to home.
Pigface1 is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 10:52 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch
Here an example is the guy who encouraged that kid to join him in the random shootings out East (sorry, can't remember those names).
The Beltway Snipers?

As a whole I think drug offenders shouldn't be behind bars, and violent offenders should be there indefinitely.
Pigface1 is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 11:29 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,845
Short and simple - YES. Execute them and skip all that appeals crap. We should bring back the rack, the iron maiden, hanging, all that good stuff. They should convict them and execute them within 24 hours. I am tired of my tax money (approx. $60k per year per prisoner) going to these mfrs playing XBox and watching Cable TV in prison while I work my a$$ over to scrape by. EXECUTE THEM. ***** W give me the word and I will bust out the 9 and start capping mfrs myself.
Mudpuppy is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 11:31 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigface1
The Beltway Snipers?

As a whole I think drug offenders shouldn't be behind bars, .

im honestly not being a smart a$$, but whats your idea of what we can do with them. ?
Need4Speed is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 11:36 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,145
I'm for Capital Punishment. But I think they need to have substantial evidence and proof that the accused, has comitted a heinous crime. Lethal injection is more humane than some crimes comitted.

Charles Manson is one person that comes to mind. He killed how many people including 26 year old actress Sharon Tate. WHO at the time was 8 months pregnant. They strangled her to death, THEN cut the baby out of her. Sick people like that need to be put to death.

(I read alot...LOL sorry)
CharlieMavCBR is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 11:42 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,544
Need4Speed:
I think if someone breaks the law, they break the law. I feel the same about drunk driving. . punish them accordingly, but blame it on the person, not the chemical. If someone wants to sit in their house and get stoned out of their mind, I have no problem with that, just like I have no problem if they sit in their house and drink until they puke.

The reference I make to drunk driving is this. . If someone is drunk and hits one of us while we're riding and kills us, they're going to jail for manslaughter at least. If that same person is sober, they'll most likely just get a ticket b/c they "didn't see the bike."

It's bullshyt. . you're either a danger, or you're not.

So yeah, do nothing with drug offenders. I see no reason to have a pothead in prison all the while letting a convicted rapist out to make room. That happens almost daily.

However, none of that will ever happen, I've come to terms with that. lol
Pigface1 is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 08:33 PM
zed
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 97
Kill them all...Let God sort them out later.
zed is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 08:58 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigface1
Need4Speed:
I think if someone breaks the law, they break the law. I feel the same about drunk driving. . punish them accordingly, but blame it on the person, not the chemical. If someone wants to sit in their house and get stoned out of their mind, I have no problem with that, just like I have no problem if they sit in their house and drink until they puke.

The reference I make to drunk driving is this. . If someone is drunk and hits one of us while we're riding and kills us, they're going to jail for manslaughter at least. If that same person is sober, they'll most likely just get a ticket b/c they "didn't see the bike."

It's bullshyt. . you're either a danger, or you're not.

So yeah, do nothing with drug offenders. I see no reason to have a pothead in prison all the while letting a convicted rapist out to make room. That happens almost daily.

However, none of that will ever happen, I've come to terms with that. lol

I can see your point, and there just enough jail space or enuff jurors to convict all these people with so many loopholes and plea bargains. I agree, if u wanna get stoned or totally sloshed and pass out for days in ur house, hey, more power to you. its ur life, do what you want.

and i agree about the drunk drivers going out there and hitting one of us...problem is the drug user and traffickers cause alot of people to get stoned and then go out and drive down the local mini mart to get munchies and smash into a parked car, run up on the sidewalk and kill a pedestrian, and of course, while we're alittle more manueverable than the average cage, that puts us in danger too, nonetheless...

its a catch-22..seems we just cant win either way..
Need4Speed is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 09:23 PM
First 1000 Member
 
jetskifast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Calif, San Juan Island Wa
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by double2000r6
Short and simple - YES. Execute them and skip all that appeals crap. We should bring back the rack, the iron maiden, hanging, all that good stuff. They should convict them and execute them within 24 hours. I am tired of my tax money (approx. $60k per year per prisoner) going to these mfrs playing XBox and watching Cable TV in prison while I work my a$$ over to scrape by. EXECUTE THEM. ***** W give me the word and I will bust out the 9 and start capping mfrs myself.
Bet your tune would change, if you where wrongly accused of capital crime
If their is no doubt execute
Only problem our legal system is so screwed up, many poor people get executed falsely. Proof just look at all recent cases of people serving 20 years or more for rape, been set free with DNA
If you have the $$$ you will not be executed

02 BMW K1200RS Staintune many mods. Totaled by 16 year old girl
02 BMW F650GS Staintune many mods.
jetskifast is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 10:40 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,654
Did you know the monkey fu-cker(aka jetskifast) takes it in the a$$ by his wife. Now if that is not capital punishment I dont know what is....
twisty is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 11:18 PM
First 1000 Member
 
jetskifast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Calif, San Juan Island Wa
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty
Did you know the monkey fu-cker(aka jetskifast) takes it in the a$$ by his wife. Now if that is not capital punishment I dont know what is....
Twisted
Please you are embarrassing yourself showing your true colors

02 BMW K1200RS Staintune many mods. Totaled by 16 year old girl
02 BMW F650GS Staintune many mods.
jetskifast is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 02:13 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
I believe that without the threat of "termination" for punishment, there is an element in our society that would be uncontrollable. As with a small child, the threat of spanking is usually enough to modify behavior, if the threat is real and consistent. However, as with anything, Innocents get punished and guilty go free. The only 100%'er is that we are all terminal
bumblebee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome