adding insult to injury... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 783
adding insult to injury...

So my friend just informed me her man got her a 2000 gixxer 600 with 720 miles and its waiting for her at home... i tell you this being bikeless thing aint working for me.

and yeah im forcing her to take the msf... she doesnt even have a permit, or any gear so im keeping an eye on her making sure she doesnt even sit on the bike.
elimental is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Supporting Member
October 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
tallywacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Patrol base in IRAQ
Posts: 2,694
Send a message via AIM to tallywacker Send a message via Yahoo to tallywacker
Dont worry I'm sure their are plenty of us that would take care of her for you







Props on doing the right thing and now being envious that some chick u know just had a bike drop in her lap

www.myspace.com/kurtpittman
3/320th FA RAKKASANS

GHOST RIDE THE WHIP
tallywacker is offline  
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Dont worry I'm sure their are plenty of us that would take care of her for you







Props on doing the right thing and now being envious that some chick u know just had a bike drop in her lap
yeah but i mean it sucks! she decided she wanted a bike a few weeks ago, and BAMM surprise! here's a damn near brand new gixxer! jealousy's a bitch
elimental is offline  
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:34 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
that sucks... all you can do is EDUCATE her... just be carefull or she'll dismiss your comments as jealousy. it's happen to me with friends in the lower 48 who were riding while I still had snow on the ground.

but yeah I know your pain... turn her on the forum though... more the merrier! and of course... we need pics!
ebbs15 is offline  
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
that sucks... all you can do is EDUCATE her... just be carefull or she'll dismiss your comments as jealousy. it's happen to me with friends in the lower 48 who were riding while I still had snow on the ground.

but yeah I know your pain... turn her on the forum though... more the merrier! and of course... we need pics!
yeah i gave her the URL and told her to come on here as soon as she gets home and to do as much research as possible. She gave me the look and said "research?" and i told her "yeah if you dont learn about that bike it'll school you and i dont think u want that"


pics of the bike




elimental is offline  
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Supporting Member
October 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
tallywacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Patrol base in IRAQ
Posts: 2,694
Send a message via AIM to tallywacker Send a message via Yahoo to tallywacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimental View Post
yeah i gave her the URL and told her to come on here as soon as she gets home and to do as much research as possible. She gave me the look and said "research?" and i told her "yeah if you dont learn about that bike it'll school you and i dont think u want that"


pics of the bike




no no no...

pics of her...

www.myspace.com/kurtpittman
3/320th FA RAKKASANS

GHOST RIDE THE WHIP
tallywacker is offline  
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
no no no...

pics of her...
gimme a minute, let me go over to her desk.
elimental is offline  
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
bike looks good... but yeah I'm with Tally
ebbs15 is offline  
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
bike looks good... but yeah I'm with Tally
yeah she's "working" so im gonna just sneak one in in a few. dont know how she's gonna balance that bike.. she's about 5' 1" if at that. im thinking about ordering some dog bones for her and surprising her with those cause she's pretty small and thats a pretty big bike.
elimental is offline  
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Supporting Member
October 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
tallywacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Patrol base in IRAQ
Posts: 2,694
Send a message via AIM to tallywacker Send a message via Yahoo to tallywacker
yeah its gonna need lowered

www.myspace.com/kurtpittman
3/320th FA RAKKASANS

GHOST RIDE THE WHIP
tallywacker is offline  
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:56 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimental View Post
yeah she's "working" so im gonna just sneak one in in a few. dont know how she's gonna balance that bike.. she's about 5' 1" if at that. im thinking about ordering some dog bones for her and surprising her with those cause she's pretty small and thats a pretty big bike.
**** I'd make her MAN do that... if he can buy her a damn bike he can get her lowering bars!
ebbs15 is offline  
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
**** I'd make her MAN do that... if he can buy her a damn bike he can get her lowering bars!
i just hope she takes my advice about the msf and the gear since she didnt take the one about getting a 250 or an old 600.
elimental is offline  
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimental View Post
i just hope she takes my advice about the msf and the gear since she didnt take the one about getting a 250 or an old 600.
well if it makes you feel better... my bike... basicly an 02 ZX6R is my first bike (though I did rack up my first 600miles EVER on a SV650s)

it takes control and a lack of testosterone! which I hope she doesn't have too much of

but yeah good gear and the MSF is a MUST!
ebbs15 is offline  
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
well if it makes you feel better... my bike... basicly an 02 ZX6R is my first bike (though I did rack up my first 600miles EVER on a SV650s)

it takes control and a lack of testosterone! which I hope she doesn't have too much of

but yeah good gear and the MSF is a MUST!
she's a really girly girl... but she'll fxck up any guy!

I went down to the bike shop down the block from my job. had a couple of carcasses i thought would make good project bikes, told me he was getting an 03 r6 in a few weeks he'd sell it to me for 5.5 i kept telling him "250 or an old 600 92-93" to which he'd reply "02-03 r6? yeah told ya i have one coming in"
elimental is offline  
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Supporting Member
October 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
tallywacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Patrol base in IRAQ
Posts: 2,694
Send a message via AIM to tallywacker Send a message via Yahoo to tallywacker
you will be fine with the R6 you already show restraint so you wont have a problem

www.myspace.com/kurtpittman
3/320th FA RAKKASANS

GHOST RIDE THE WHIP
tallywacker is offline  
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 06:13 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimental View Post
she's a really girly girl... but she'll fxck up any guy!

I went down to the bike shop down the block from my job. had a couple of carcasses i thought would make good project bikes, told me he was getting an 03 r6 in a few weeks he'd sell it to me for 5.5 i kept telling him "250 or an old 600 92-93" to which he'd reply "02-03 r6? yeah told ya i have one coming in"
well you SOUND like you've got a level head... and if you can yeah a 250 or an older 600 would be an awsome starter... but PERSONALLY I wouldn't turn down a 02 or older bike that I could get a good deal on...

but 5.5 I assume you mean 5500.... IS NOT a good deal IMO... I got my bike in 06... a year old with 618 miles for 4999 Out the door... WITH a helmet thrown in... just be patient.... good deals to be had if your just patient!
ebbs15 is offline  
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
well you SOUND like you've got a level head... and if you can yeah a 250 or an older 600 would be an awsome starter... but PERSONALLY I wouldn't turn down a 02 or older bike that I could get a good deal on...

but 5.5 I assume you mean 5500.... IS NOT a good deal IMO... I got my bike in 06... a year old with 618 miles for 4999 Out the door... WITH a helmet thrown in... just be patient.... good deals to be had if your just patient!
oh yeah i know lol im in no rush to get the bike... well i am... but im in no rush to go blowing money on something when i can get it cheaper somewhere else. 5500 bucks is a lot of money im not looking to spend any more than 2500 on my first bike hence im opting for the 93 cbr so effin sexy! imo and besides, chances are im gonna drop it, its gonna get scuffed, its gonna mysteriously fall so i dont wanna get something that's relatively new.
elimental is offline  
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimental View Post
oh yeah i know lol im in no rush to get the bike... well i am... but im in no rush to go blowing money on something when i can get it cheaper somewhere else. 5500 bucks is a lot of money im not looking to spend any more than 2500 on my first bike hence im opting for the 93 cbr so effin sexy! imo and besides, chances are im gonna drop it, its gonna get scuffed, its gonna mysteriously fall so i dont wanna get something that's relatively new.
Like I said... you sound very level headed... keep an eye on Craigslist... I think that's probably where my brothers bike is gonna come from...

I'm sure NY has a pretty good used bike market too...
ebbs15 is offline  
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Like I said... you sound very level headed... keep an eye on Craigslist... I think that's probably where my brothers bike is gonna come from...

I'm sure NY has a pretty good used bike market too...
yeah as long as i can stay away from these people that keep trying to sell me 1k's . Dude by my house said "the r1 and the r6 have the same frame so you'r ebetter off getting the r1 so u learn on a REAL sports bike" and then i slowly started walking backwards until i got home


but yeah i've got my sights set on that 91-94 cbr, i just need to find one when i get this whole msf and licensing process done and over with

Last edited by elimental; 04-22-2007 at 06:32 PM.
elimental is offline  
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 06:32 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
ebbs15 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome