I like it, but I don't think Jay Leno said it...
yezzzz, please, cut the government a break. They have a hard enough time censoring you as it is, so just start censoring yourself for a change.
lets pay no attention to the under qualified politician leading out country towards a dismal future. Lets pay no heed to the corporations making billions while minimum wage is still merely seven dollars, barely enough to support yourself let alone children. Lets not even consider how much debt poor americans are getting into because they cant afford healthcare, and lets just simply over look the fact that our education system ranks among the lowest of todays first world countries.
Lets just keep taking the happy pills the government gives us and never worry about a thing until we see a big flash in the sky and then nothing.
1. Under-qualified politician... I will not defend the man, but that's just not true. Think what you want about him, but to say he is not qualified or that he has done nothing good for this country is ignorant. Does the bad outweigh the good, maybe not, but letting your emotional reaction control your logical thought is a bad way to live.
2. Corporations... Damn them for wanting to be successful. Damn them for generating millions and millions of jobs each year. Damn them for putting money into the economy and keeping this country going.
3. Minimum wage... The majority of minimum wage earners work part-time, are unmarried, and are under the age of 25... The largest portion of them do not have children. I can find 100 jobs that require zero education, zero skills, and pay $8-10/hr... Sure there are areas in which these jobs are not plentiful, but they are out there. Not to mention that poor non-skilled or under-skilled folks can get free education...
4. Debt... Most debt problems are self-inflicted. Credit is easy to obtain and people are idiots when it comes to managing it. Medical debt is just a small portion of the problem. Credit cards are the major issue. I guess we could have free healthcare, but then the quality of it goes down the chitter...
5. Education... Our education system sucks, but in a lot of the school systems that are the worst... the problems run much deeper than the school itself. My ex told me stories about her old school... New teachers would come in, start strong, then get broken down by the students... No real accountability outside of the school was the problem. Hell, I saw some of the same thing with a few of my friends in school... Kid gets busted for whatever, parents say "well, they are just out to get you." No BS... I've witnessed it MORE than once... firsthand.