And you want more gun control? - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
And you want more gun control?

Tell me that a carrying a concealed weapon is a bad thing.

KALAMAZOO -- A Kalamazoo man was able to turn an attempted attack around because of his concealed weapons permit.

Police in Kalamazoo County say 32-year-old Brian Smith was approached by two men in their 20s as he was entering his home early Friday morning.

The two asked for directions, and one of them pulled a gun. Smith was able to reach his revolver and fired two rounds, hitting one of the men in the hand.

One suspect was arrested after he sought medical attention. The other is still on the loose.


Chalk another one up for the good guys.
Rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 07:47 AM
First 1000 Member
 
oldetymebiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 940
The Gun Control buttheads really NEED to go ahead and be victims and leave self-defense to the rest of us who will NOT lay down for the scumbags.

I love the idiots who's mantra is "Violence never solved anything". Oh, REALLY? Ask the guy who defended himself from these buttwipes...it solved the problem JUST FINE!

Definition of a New NRA member: A liberal who's been robbed or mugged.

Some folks just have more money than good sense.
oldetymebiker is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Factory Racer
 
Stunt4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,398
Send a message via AIM to Stunt4Life
More guns= less crime, at least with firearms.


WOT is more than just a throttle position, it's a LIFESTYLE
http://www.myspace.com/dicedamoderator +me
Stunt4Life is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Factory Racer
 
Stunt4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,398
Send a message via AIM to Stunt4Life
More guns= less crime, at least with firearms.

And war isnt good for anything...
except fighting facisim, raceism, neucular proliferation, genocides....


WOT is more than just a throttle position, it's a LIFESTYLE
http://www.myspace.com/dicedamoderator +me
Stunt4Life is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Supporting Member
October 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
tallywacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Patrol base in IRAQ
Posts: 2,694
Send a message via AIM to tallywacker Send a message via Yahoo to tallywacker
War is good for a lot of things and it has proved throughout thousands of years of history. Claiming resources for you people, fighting tyranny, reuniting countries, over throwing unpopular groups within a nation, and many other reason our country as well as many other nation that have fought and protected what they believe in.

www.myspace.com/kurtpittman
3/320th FA RAKKASANS

GHOST RIDE THE WHIP
tallywacker is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Factory Racer
 
Stunt4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,398
Send a message via AIM to Stunt4Life
No clue how it double posted.


WOT is more than just a throttle position, it's a LIFESTYLE
http://www.myspace.com/dicedamoderator +me
Stunt4Life is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 10:53 AM
TWF Champion
'07 Rally Veteran
 
NONE_too_SOFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Akron OH
Posts: 5,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Tell me that a carrying a concealed weapon is a bad thing.

KALAMAZOO -- A Kalamazoo man was able to turn an attempted attack around because of his concealed weapons permit.

Police in Kalamazoo County say 32-year-old Brian Smith was approached by two men in their 20s as he was entering his home early Friday morning.

The two asked for directions, and one of them pulled a gun. Smith was able to reach his revolver and fired two rounds, hitting one of the men in the hand.

One suspect was arrested after he sought medical attention. The other is still on the loose.


Chalk another one up for the good guys.
yea but if the goons never had guns there would have been no crime in the first place
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Chicken Strip
 
princess_rider06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 83
they would have just found the guns illegaly or used a knife. the point is if he hadn't been allowed to carry his concealed weapon the story could have ended differently i seriously doubt the criminals had a license for theirs.

Marine Wifes do it Better.
princess_rider06 is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
yea but if the goons never had guns there would have been no crime in the first place
Yeah and if there were no bikes, then there would be no squids...

Do not confuse the tool with it's user...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Factory Racer
 
Stunt4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,398
Send a message via AIM to Stunt4Life
Bad guys will ALLWAYS have guns.
civilans have no or few guns the criminal thinks... Awsome, no one has any guns i can pwn anyone but if they do have lots of guns then....
ohh snap everybodys got a gat im gonna think twice about anything


WOT is more than just a throttle position, it's a LIFESTYLE
http://www.myspace.com/dicedamoderator +me

Last edited by Stunt4Life; 05-19-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Stunt4Life is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 01:13 PM
TWF Champion
'07 Rally Veteran
 
NONE_too_SOFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Akron OH
Posts: 5,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_rider06 View Post
they would have just found the guns illegaly or used a knife. the point is if he hadn't been allowed to carry his concealed weapon the story could have ended differently i seriously doubt the criminals had a license for theirs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
Yeah and if there were no bikes, then there would be no squids...

Do not confuse the tool with it's user...
Im not saying gun laws are the solution, im saying they are part of the solution.

Before you get all US constitutiony on me, remember, when that thing was drafted it was a different time.

A time when you may have to hunt for your meal, a time where you may have to defend your family against vagrants, indians, animals, or sasquatchs. The reason we were given the right to bear arms was more of an insurance policy.

Militaristic states wont let their citizens bear arms because they fear revolt. The Article in the Bill or rights is more like an implied guarantee.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 01:20 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Captain Morgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 4,335
Sounds to me like that guy NEEDED more gun control. He fired twice and only shot one guy in the hand?? I think he needs to get back to the firing range and learn how to control his gun.

Glad he was able to thwart the thieves.

Surrender the booty, and let me get my hands on that beautiful treasure chest!!

One of these days, I'll actually buy a bike again...
Captain Morgan is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 01:21 PM
TWF Champion
'07 Rally Veteran
 
NONE_too_SOFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Akron OH
Posts: 5,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Sounds to me like that guy NEEDED more gun control. He fired twice and only shot one guy in the hand?? I think he needs to get back to the firing range and learn how to control his gun.

Glad he was able to thwart the thieves.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Knee Dragger
 
bowb4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: johnson city, tennessee
Posts: 482
gun control is being able to hit your target.

PRETTY AIN'T FAST, BUT FAST IS SO DAMN PRETTY

www.myspace.com/bowb4joe


bowb4me is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Des Moines Iowa and Berlin Germany
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
Yeah and if there were no bikes, then there would be no squids...

Do not confuse the tool with it's user...
+2! I believe in life (Even though I do have a gun permit and have for years now) that an eye for an eye (except of course in defence of ones self). I say that if you murder someone for no reason,,,you get murdered,,,if you stab someone to death,,that is how you die. It does work in some countries. In some countries, you spraypaint a car and you get cained..there is NO crime there! My

Peace luv and Jungle 4 eva!

515 Alwayz!
DJNytblaste is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
Im not saying gun laws are the solution, im saying they are part of the solution.

Before you get all US constitutiony on me, remember, when that thing was drafted it was a different time.

A time when you may have to hunt for your meal, a time where you may have to defend your family against vagrants, indians, animals, or sasquatchs. The reason we were given the right to bear arms was more of an insurance policy.

Militaristic states wont let their citizens bear arms because they fear revolt. The Article in the Bill or rights is more like an implied guarantee.
I see what you are saying, but it's impossible to move backwards... Meaning, it is impossible to get to a point in which the world is safer with less guns...

I am very firm believer that more laws are generally never the answer... Sure it looks good on paper... but criminals do not abide by the law, so that's as far as more laws can take it...

And recognize that I am not a 'right to bear arms is a constitutional guarantee' kinda guy... I understand the context in which it was written.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Sounds to me like that guy NEEDED more gun control. He fired twice and only shot one guy in the hand?? I think he needs to get back to the firing range and learn how to control his gun.

Glad he was able to thwart the thieves.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNytblaste View Post
+2! I believe in life (Even though I do have a gun permit and have for years now) that an eye for an eye (except of course in defence of ones self). I say that if you murder someone for no reason,,,you get murdered,,,if you stab someone to death,,that is how you die. It does work in some countries. In some countries, you spraypaint a car and you get cained..there is NO crime there! My
I can agree with this up to a point... The problem is, as with any system of justice, proof. Innocent people go to prison... Hell, innocent people admit to crimes they did not commit under the pressure of interrogation, mental illness, and whatnot... Therefore innocent people would bear extreme punishments unjustly... If there were a perfect way to do it, I'd be 100% with you...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 04:38 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Go good guys!!!!!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Des Moines Iowa and Berlin Germany
Posts: 477
Quote:
If there were a perfect way to do it, I'd be 100% with you...

If only things were that easy! (dont we all wish)

Peace luv and Jungle 4 eva!

515 Alwayz!
DJNytblaste is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome