Censorship on TWF - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
TIGGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greenville,NC
Posts: 658
Censorship on TWF

I know that arguement on the other topic might have been stupid and pointless but I'm not sure that it was justified to close the thread just because you didn't like it's content or was bored by it. Ofcourse,you all can run your forum however you want I guess...Will someone explain the "I'm a safe and responsible rider but let me catch you on the road and I'll whip your butt in a race and drag bike parts on the road" thing that keep being put in my face on this forum in one form or another. It's really weird and confusing. Anyway,hopefully we can all debate and remain "friends". BTW where the heck are Ebbs and Saverok? I had to pass the time between nice weather patches here in Mi with rank amateurs who get angry WAY too early to be effective debaters! Oops sun's out see ya!!


Last edited by TIGGER; 06-05-2007 at 07:42 PM. Reason: I'm a bone head and forgot wink I wanted to use
TIGGER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I know that arguement on the other topic might have been stupid and pointless but I'm not sure that it was justified to close the thread just because you didn't like it's content or was bored by it. Ofcourse,you all can run your forum however you want I guess...Will someone explain the "I'm a safe and responsible rider but let me catch you on the road and I'll whip your butt in a race and drag bike parts on the road" thing that keep being put in my face on this forum in one form or another. It's really weird and confusing. Anyway,hopefully we can all debate and remain "friends". BTW where the heck are Ebbs and Saverok? I had to pass the time between nice weather patches here in Mi with rank amateurs who get angry WAY too early to be effective debaters! Oops sun's out see ya!!
Just get over dude, move on to a new debate. Subject is played out here.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR

Last edited by Trip; 06-05-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Trip is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 07:50 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I know that arguement on the other topic might have been stupid and pointless but I'm not sure that it was justified to close the thread just because you didn't like it's content or was bored by it. Ofcourse,you all can run your forum however you want I guess...Will someone explain the "I'm a safe and responsible rider but let me catch you on the road and I'll whip your butt in a race and drag bike parts on the road" thing that keep being put in my face on this forum in one form or another. It's really weird and confusing. Anyway,hopefully we can all debate and remain "friends". BTW where the heck are Ebbs and Saverok? I had to pass the time between nice weather patches here in Mi with rank amateurs who get angry WAY too early to be effective debaters! Oops sun's out see ya!!
bad form trying to keep whatever it is that got everybody pissed off alive. drop it. if you have something personal to deal w/ continue it in private.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 07:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,688
And technically that first post is questioning the decisons of a Moderator. Bad move.
justpucky is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 PM
TWF Champion
 
SVRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,631
Send a message via Yahoo to SVRider
And Ebbs is overseas. Will be there for awhile, as he's thinking about extending till Jan.

Not sure about Sav...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
they make the one i posted in a strap on version
SVRider is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 PM
 
saverok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nashville,tn
Posts: 3,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I know that arguement on the other topic might have been stupid and pointless but I'm not sure that it was justified to close the thread just because you didn't like it's content or was bored by it. Ofcourse,you all can run your forum however you want I guess...Will someone explain the "I'm a safe and responsible rider but let me catch you on the road and I'll whip your butt in a race and drag bike parts on the road" thing that keep being put in my face on this forum in one form or another. It's really weird and confusing. Anyway,hopefully we can all debate and remain "friends". BTW where the heck are Ebbs and Saverok? I had to pass the time between nice weather patches here in Mi with rank amateurs who get angry WAY too early to be effective debaters! Oops sun's out see ya!!
hmm... damn what the hell did I miss?

I'm always up for a freaking debate....damnit...

Quote:
They call me Mr. Saverok
Silence is golden: Duct tape is silver.
saverok is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 PM
 
saverok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nashville,tn
Posts: 3,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRider View Post
And Ebbs is overseas. Will be there for awhile, as he's thinking about extending till Jan.

Not sure about Sav...
been out of town for a few days.....work=sucks....

Quote:
They call me Mr. Saverok
Silence is golden: Duct tape is silver.
saverok is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:16 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by saverok View Post
been out of town for a few days.....work=sucks....
Ever notice how work gets in the way of fun all the time?
Brizz is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:19 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
no. im taking off work to ride down to the gap this weekend.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Sportbike Junkie
 
dscort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: wauseon ohio
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by saverok View Post
hmm... damn what the hell did I miss?

I'm always up for a freaking debate....damnit...
at least your missed for being a master debater....

01 CBR929RE ------------- 01 DRZ400S SOLD ------------ 95 CBR900RR

dscort is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:27 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by saverok View Post
hmm... damn what the hell did I miss?

I'm always up for a freaking debate....damnit...
1BadCBR is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
TIGGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greenville,NC
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Just get over dude, move on to a new debate. Subject is played out here.
It's actually a new debate about censorship on the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
bad form trying to keep whatever it is that got everybody pissed off alive. drop it. if you have something personal to deal w/ continue it in private.
Oh it's never personal,I honestly wanted to hear what everyone thinks about censorship in general and on the forum in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpucky View Post
And technically that first post is questioning the decisons of a Moderator. Bad move.
See?! now that's my point. You're not ALLOWED to question a moderator? Why not? Why wouldn't they want to be held accountable for their actions? It's not just their forum but all of yours isn't it? As long as you're not breaking the rules everyone agreed to prior to joining ,you should be allowed to post whatever you want.Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saverok View Post
hmm... damn what the hell did I miss?

I'm always up for a freaking debate....damnit...
Nothing really but I sure missed you buddy! Justa bunch of crap about judging an entire group based on the actions of a few,blah,blah,blah. The usual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscort View Post
at least your missed for being a master debater....
I'm sure wherever he was he was still one of those!!!!
PS thanks for the quoting leasons Sav,I'm almost getting the hang of it.

TIGGER is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:03 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
It's actually a new debate about censorship on the forum!
Fine, it's a privately owned internet site and doesn't have to let you say anything. It's their site and they can limit opinions expressed to anything they want. If you feel your views aren't being allowed, feel free to take it to one of the billions of other motorcycle forums or even better create your own forum to express your views (I have done this with the local forum I help start because of the leadership on another local board )

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
See?! now that's my point. You're not ALLOWED to question a moderator? Why not? Why wouldn't they want to be held accountable for their actions? It's not just their forum but all of yours isn't it? As long as you're not breaking the rules everyone agreed to prior to joining ,you should be allowed to post whatever you want.Right?

No, you're not allowed to question a moderator IN PUBLIC. You can certainly message them and ask about their decision, but not in the public forum. Yes, it is their forum. They run it. You DID agree to not question them in public when you signed up for the forum. There were other rules agreed to as well, such as agreeing to censorship.
Captain Morgan is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
TIGGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greenville,NC
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
No, you're not allowed to question a moderator IN PUBLIC. You can certainly message them and ask about their decision, but not in the public forum. Yes, it is their forum. They run it. You DID agree to not question them in public when you signed up for the forum. There were other rules agreed to as well, such as agreeing to censorship.
Oh...well I guess I should have read all the print when I signed up. My fault. I know that basically all sites are privately owned but I thought that since members pay to be on here it was different. Hmmmm....well alrighty then! Ok then I respectfully withdraw the thread and debate on the grounds that I am an idiot and should have looked into it further before I started it!! Sorry!!!

TIGGER is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
TIGGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greenville,NC
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Fine, it's a privately owned internet site and doesn't have to let you say anything. It's their site and they can limit opinions expressed to anything they want. If you feel your views aren't being allowed, feel free to take it to one of the billions of other motorcycle forums or even better create your own forum to express your views (I have done this with the local forum I help start because of the leadership on another local board )
Thanks for the advice. If I wasn't so lazy and computer ignorant I'd probably take your advice and run with it but as is shown by my numbers,85 posts in 6 months,I really am not into this forum stuff much. At least this explains why no one ever comes out against the company line around here.....

TIGGER is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:46 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh...well I guess I should have read all the print when I signed up. My fault. I know that basically all sites are privately owned but I thought that since members pay to be on here it was different. Hmmmm....well alrighty then! Ok then I respectfully withdraw the thread and debate on the grounds that I am an idiot and should have looked into it further before I started it!! Sorry!!!
There is that whole "terms of use" thing you agree to when you sign up...

And not everyone pays to be here. There are people who choose to donate to help support the site (ya know, these things don't host themselves for free!)
neebelung is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:49 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
At least this explains why no one ever comes out against the company line around here.....
What's the point? Get banned for holding your ground against a big bad internet site? No one will care and life will go on. If you are lucky someone might post a thread asking what happened to you and then everyone will go on with their post whoring.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 10:47 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
How's this for censorship?



marko138 is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 12:36 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
TWF has many Rules & Regs that can be found HERE!

Further ones that apply here...

Quote:
Free Speech/censorship
God bless America, where we enjoy constitutionally protected rights. Free speech, although not absolute, is one of those rights.

Being a member at TwoWheelforum.com is not, however, a constitutionally protected right. The Forum is a private enterprise and its owner has the right to establish rules of behavior for participants.

Participants who agree to follow Forum rules and then don’t will sometimes find that their inappropriate posts have been deleted. A pattern of such defiance of the Forum’s rules/guidelines will jeopardize a member’s posting privileges.
This entire thread is a violation of the rules... see below why.

Not that I have to.. but it was said:
Quote:
to close the thread just because you didn't like it's content or was bored by it.
I didn't close it because I was bored with it. It wasn't a matter of what content I like or not. Its a matter of me being around a long time and noticing when a thread is going to go down hill. Closing it is the best and first step to stop peeps from getting infraction points or vacation days. Take a look at my post count and my join date. I've been here from the begining and nobody beats my post count. I kinda have a handle on this.

Quote:
Complaints & Suggestions
If you have suggestions for the improvement of the Forum or questions or criticism of the Forum or its moderation, you are welcome to PM or e-mail a moderator. Please do not use an open thread for such messages, however.

The work on the Forum's volunteer moderators is difficult enough without having folks calling them out in open threads.
Then if all else fails, sense this is a privately owned site... we can simply just go on..

Quote:
Service Denied
There may be times when a Forum member becomes so annoying to others -- even without specifically violating any Forum rules/guidelines, that the appropriate remedy is just to deny service to them.

Replies, typically, only serve to perpetuate the behavior.

You may choose to ignore them or through the member control panel, have the software do it for you. Under the "User CP" link you'll see a "Miscellaneous" heading on the left side of the screen. Under it you'll see an "Ignore list" where you can add the names of such members.
The creator of this thread should thank Marko for closing this thread. Had I found it first I would have just handed out infraction points first!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome