Mike Tyson in his prime - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 429
Mike Tyson in his prime



He was great boxer....
logan1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Factory Racer
 
jalaan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 2,022
yeah,
i remember those 1st. round knockouts that used
to shorten our fight nites in the late eities and early ninties.

'99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R, My 3/4 Liter
".. speed, you can't touch it, but you damn sure can feel it! "
jalaan1 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 03:35 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Mike Tyson is the man...
Bikes and Beer is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1 View Post


He was great boxer....
That's the thing... He used to be a boxer... Until he fired his original trainer and subsequently stopped moving his head... Dude could have been the best EVER if he wasn't such a moron.
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 04:03 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 833
Mike Tyson was incredible- Its a shame his world fell apart around him. Had things gone differently he likely could have been the best boxer to ever step into the ring. I believe he had the talent to crush Ali's record- if he hadn't lost hos mind. I wonder if he's conseidered The UFC? I think his raw talent would make for some good fights. Can you imagine that knock down power with no gloves?
TOMMYTOM is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYTOM View Post
Mike Tyson was incredible- Its a shame his world fell apart around him. Had things gone differently he likely could have been the best boxer to ever step into the ring. I believe he had the talent to crush Ali's record- if he hadn't lost hos mind. I wonder if he's conseidered The UFC? I think his raw talent would make for some good fights. Can you imagine that knock down power with no gloves?
I heard rumors about him going into K-1... He'd get killed in MMA IMHO... He'd have a chance in K-1...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 06:42 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
I heard rumors about him going into K-1... He'd get killed in MMA IMHO... He'd have a chance in K-1...
Yeah I'm sure he has no ground technique- but he is an old school brawler- I think he could suprise everyone. ??? I guarantee his name on a fight card would have sell out crowds.

No matter what- I'll always respect Tyson- the man OWNED boxing at one time in his career.
TOMMYTOM is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 10:08 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Me and my old man would go back and forth.... Ali vs Tyson. He would say Ali would tear him to pieces bit by bit. I said that's fine.... All it takes is 1 punch for Tyson to put anyone on the mat. You can't beat the odds... Can't block/miss every punch.
ZUKI is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKI View Post
Me and my old man would go back and forth.... Ali vs Tyson. He would say Ali would tear him to pieces bit by bit. I said that's fine.... All it takes is 1 punch for Tyson to put anyone on the mat. You can't beat the odds... Can't block/miss every punch.
If anyone could though, it would have been Ali... Ali vs. Foreman is as close to that fight as you can ever see...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome