TWF Holiday Challenge...
I would like to challange members to do something for someone less fortunate this season. It can be as time consuming as you wish.
Ideas can be difficult so I will give some. Do something as a family, get younger children involved. Do something with your friends or significant other.
1. Have a party, or dinner party. Have people bring a spare blanket, toy, or non-perishable to the party that can later be donated.
2. Have a few friends over for a couple of drinks one afternoon, and each bring a sandwich making item. Make sandwiches and drop off to a local shelter.
3. Have a few friends over, like the above. And set a limit of $10 dollars to go to the dollar store and get stocking stuffer things for kids. Drop off at a womans shelter, or something alike.
4. Buy a toy or two, and find a drop off for Christmas toys for kids. This is good to do with your own children, make it a family outing.
5. Contact a shelter, or like agency in your area, and find out if there are families to sponser, this may include purchasing stuff for one child, or making a food basket for them.
6. Volunteer at a shelter on Christmas eve or Christmas day serving food. This can be even for 1 hour, these places need volunteers.
Anyway, those are just a few ideas. If you can't do anything major, pick up a small toy and bring to a drop off.
Please post any other ideas you have, or things that you do already.
Or what you have decided to do ...you'll be glad you did!!!