Found at the fair - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,162
Found at the fair

Brizz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Low
First 1000 Member
 
Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Never Ending Season H-Town
Posts: 3,082
Send a message via AIM to Low


I wonder how many Spiders or T-Rex was at the fair... I just can't see some one paralyzed riding a bike I really just hope they forgot the 'And'
Low is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
maybe those are for the cruisers with training wheel?
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Factory Racer
 
devilstonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,058
All I can tell you for sure is that there were only hardley's parked in the handicap motorcycle parking.

That's gotta tell you something.

SportbikeGurls.com Co-founder

devilstonic is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 03:20 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Preacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilstonic View Post
All I can tell you for sure is that there were only hardley's parked in the handicap motorcycle parking.

That's gotta tell you something.
Yep, tells me that there are a lot of narrow-minded people in the world.

Let me introduce you to Adam. Adam is a righteous dude, an all around nice guy why would give you the shirt off his back and I am proud to call him a friend.

Adam lost his right leg a few years ago when a truck ran a red light and broadsided his motorcycle. They amputated what was left of the leg and removed a bunch of muscle from the remainder because it was too shredded to repair. He got a prosthesis and still has a hard time walking very far without those quadracep and hip muscles and every step is painful.

He didn't let it slow him down, he still rides more than 90% of "wanna-be" bikers I know, and does it in style. Last year he rode from his Michigan home to Salisbury NC for the Smokeout. He made the ride with 2 other buds and in one of the worst storm we have had in years, riding through sheets of rain in the mountains that were so heavy, the big rigs were pulling over. It was raining so hard that he had to stop and empty the water out of his fake leg.

When it was over, he rode home again. He is on his way right now for this year's Smokeout, riding the same bike he rode last year, a Rigid framed, Ape-hanger, jockey shift sportster with a HANDICAP PLATE.




Shan, Gas, ban me if you want, but sometimes you just gotta say what needs saying.

Preacher
-------------------------
CVMA #671
Bastard by birth, Bastard by nature, Bastard by choice

Last edited by Preacher; 06-19-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Preacher is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Yep, tells me that there are a lot of narrow-minded people in the world.

Let me introduce you to Adam. Adam is a righteous dude, an all around nice guy why would give you the shirt off his back and I am proud to call him a friend.

Adam lost his right leg a few years ago when a truck ran a red light and broadsided his motorcycle. They amputated what was left of the leg and removed a bunch of muscle from the remainder because it was too shredded to repair. He got a prosthesis and still has a hard time walking very far without those quadracep and hip muscles and every step is painful.

He didn't let it slow him down, he still rides more than 90% of "wanna-be" bikers I know, and does it in style. Last year he rode from his Michigan home to Salisbury NC for the Smokeout. He made the ride with 2 other buds and in one of the worst storm we have had in years, riding through sheets of rain in the mountains that were so heavy, the big rigs were pulling over. It was raining so hard that he had to stop and empty the water out of his fake leg.

When it was over, he rode home again. He is on his way right now for this year's Smokeout, riding the same bike he rode last year, a Rigid framed, Ape-hanger, jockey shift sportster with a HANDICAP PLATE.

This is Adam and he is worth a dozen knee-jerk harley hating idiots who make unfounded assumptions.



Shan, Gas, ban me if you want, but sometimes you just gotta say what needs saying.
ya didnt say nuttin outa the way IMO. Just voicing your opinon. I dont think it was meant to insult the actual handicaped, but more of the sign itself yanno?? I like HD's as much as I do my sportbikes, just cant afford what I want in a Harley
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,162
Wow Simmer down..Im sorry for your friend, but blasting at some one like that is out of control. It was a sign. It didnt make much sence. So it was posted.. If you have grievence, send it to me and im sure we can make it right. I posted that. I thought it was funny. Same as a sign that says:
Brizz is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 03:34 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Preacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 49
It wasn't the sign, it Harley bashing comment that set me off. Yeah, it may have been over the top, but christ it gets annoying sometimes.

Preacher
-------------------------
CVMA #671
Bastard by birth, Bastard by nature, Bastard by choice
Preacher is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Factory Racer
 
devilstonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,058
My comment wasn't intended to offend anyone, I've known disabled people that ride. I have very close friends that ride harleys too, we all bash on eachother and take it in stride.

Your friend is a very strong person for doing what he's done.

My apologies for offending you.

SportbikeGurls.com Co-founder

devilstonic is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Regardless of the bitterness going back and forth, that is a pretty amazing story. I would shake that man's hand for sure.
ceo012384 is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
It wasn't the sign, it Harley bashing comment that set me off. Yeah, it may have been over the top, but christ it gets annoying sometimes.
Dude its cool..Hell i make fun of Honduhs all the time..Its a staple for me..Its all good. no beef here!
Brizz is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
It wasn't the sign, it Harley bashing comment that set me off. Yeah, it may have been over the top, but christ it gets annoying sometimes.
Preacher... you're fine. You have to understand around here you will find aot of the "If it don't 100mph in first gear than it sucks" mentality. Its a difference in age. But at the end of the day a difference in taste. Continue on and say what you have to. You will not be banned for voicing your opinion regardless to the oposition of the opinion. AS LONG AS you continue to voice it like you have... calm and without name calling. We all have our rights to our own . To each their own.

For the record, I saw 2 handicap trikes at the rally last weekend. Further, I would be more than willing to ride with Adam... where in Michigan is he from?




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 12:01 PM
TWF Champion
 
SVRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,631
Send a message via Yahoo to SVRider
That's cool that he keeps on riding, a lot of people would quit after something like that.
I can say i've never seen a handicap plate on a bike, didn't even know they existed to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
they make the one i posted in a strap on version
SVRider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome