Ok, so the idea has been tossed about the "Girls in leather are HAWT!" thread quite a bit, and there seems to be some interest... However, IF (big if, seeing as it's pending Shan's approval) there was to be such a thing, we'd have to get moving on it, and quickly, if we wanted it to be a 2008 calendar.
So first things first, some possibly guidelines:
- In order to prevent the B.S. that accompanied the ad contest, I think there'd have to be some requirements, i.e. "Member since....." and post-count minimums. Also, since we have so many hot ladies that are members of this forum, it might have to be limited to them (and just GF's/wives of members).
Then there's the lineup:
- Ummmm... so we have: (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER... just rattling off names as they pop into my head)
In any case, we've easily got 12 ladies (assuming a couple might not be up for being recruited for this project)... and we can always do a collage for the month of December so as to include a few more than 12 ladies.
- I think in order to avoid the drama like we witnessed with the TWF ad, we'd let the mod team be the 'voters'... and PRIVATELY (though voting would only become necessary if there were lots more than 12 ladies interested in participating).
- And of course, Mod Team would have ultimate approval over the pictures, and the final layout, since the goal is to raise money for the site, right?
- The best route to go with a project like this is for us to submit the photos to one (or a couple) of people who are talented with Photoshop (Twinkies, you came to mind....
), so they can layer in the month, the screenname, and any bio info.
Then submit the prepared layouts to Cafepress. They'll print and process calendars by the piece/as ordered for about $14.95/each. If we want to make money for the site, we tack on, let's say, $5/each, with that $5 going directly to the site.
By using a site like Cafepress, we eliminate the need for minimums (this is what kept the calendar on another site from getting off the ground -- they never made minimum), and no one here has to bother with warehousing or shipping them. We might pay a little bit more per calendar, but the convenience makes it worthwhile.
- IF we're going to do this, we have to act quickly... ideally a 2008 calendar should be available for shipping by September, which means we would need to set a hypothetical photo submission date of about August 1st. That's not much time, in reality....
- As for layout, I think a double-pic/split-pane layout would be great... one shot in gear (i.e. riding, posing, at the track, etc...) and the second shot could be whatever the lady likes -- whether it's sexy, just normal in street clothes, etc... whatever... but one shot should definitely represent her as a rider.
SOOOOOO... feedback? Questions? Comments? Shan????