Before taking a plane trip, check out this video - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
Before taking a plane trip, check out this video

It's long, but stick with it.


ShanMan14 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Low
First 1000 Member
 
Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Never Ending Season H-Town
Posts: 3,082
Send a message via AIM to Low
No way... I have a sure fire way to get every plane to the terminal... but before you do anything you have to collect bail money from the other passengers on the plane... I'ld be sick if I sat there that long....


can anyone tell me what the offence is for threating a pilot??
Low is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 03:22 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
good god this is rediculous.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Rookie
 
raized1199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Abilene, Texas
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low View Post
... but before you do anything you have to collect bail money from the other passengers on the plane... I
raized1199 is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 08:29 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 639
Wonder if they got there money back? probably not.
Ineffable is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 09:12 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
I can tell you a few important things to remember.

Once the plane has left the gate with its passengers "Its ON-TIME" by FAA rules.

Further, once its late, its late... to the airplane company it don't matter if its 10mins late or 10hours. Its the same on the FAA paperwork.

I can honestly tell you, that if I was on there... I would have been arrested! NO DOUBT! I would have threatened the pilot and been taken off in handcuffs!

Further, did you know that it is ILLEGAL for your laguage to travel without you. If you change flights and they EVER tell you that your luggage is gone... remind them its illegal and they must return it to you.




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 09:58 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454


I'd be freaking out on the crew...
bikergal is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,335
I would have been irate. It's one thing to be on a long flight (to Korea from Seattle or to Kuwait from Utah), but at least you're expecting it and they feed you. 10 hours without food is a crock of shiat. I'd have been raising all sorts of hell.
Captain Morgan is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
I am a patient person... I am not that patient of a person. I would have freaked out and killed someone... about hour 3...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:23 AM
 
PiZdETS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I can tell you a few important things to remember.

Once the plane has left the gate with its passengers "Its ON-TIME" by FAA rules.

Further, once its late, its late... to the airplane company it don't matter if its 10mins late or 10hours. Its the same on the FAA paperwork.

I can honestly tell you, that if I was on there... I would have been arrested! NO DOUBT! I would have threatened the pilot and been taken off in handcuffs!

Further, did you know that it is ILLEGAL for your laguage to travel without you. If you change flights and they EVER tell you that your luggage is gone... remind them its illegal and they must return it to you.
You know a lot more than the average passenger, good on ya!

Couple things,
JFK airport is freaking HORRIBLE. It's a wildly overworked hub with double their intended capacity everday and in peak season the system often just fails completely like in the video.

Those decision made outside the plane were done by air logistics and flight operations, both of which work to get each flight operating.
When they're way behind they'll just start picking up phones and saying one word answers to all your questions- yes, no, etc. What they say goes and is final. It sucks.
The part about not feeding the passengers was probably an AL decision most likely because they were considering cancelling the flight, could also be because they pack only slightly more food than needed for everyone on the flight to get a snack.

They didn't lie about the pilot being in the terminal, with the thousands of flight crews circulating around the US, even the best computer systems lose track of pilots and crews. It happens many times a day even at my moderately sized hub.

And about the baggage...that might be a rule somewhere in some law book but I can tell you it is not enforced. If it was, everyone at my airport would have been arrested several times by now.
From a passengers point of view getting the bags on the plane seems deceptively simple when in fact there about a dozen x factors which I can go into if youd like. You may find it mildly interesting.
PiZdETS is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,142
by about the second hour, I would have been asking for cigarettes, skoal, redman, or something. by hour 4, I woulda been telling em to either let me off the damn plane, give me my stuff and I'll get a freakin bus ticket or I"ll have a psycotic episode on the plane.
King Bob is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:42 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bob View Post
by about the second hour, I would have been asking for cigarettes, skoal, redman, or something. by hour 4, I woulda been telling em to either let me off the damn plane, give me my stuff and I'll get a freakin bus ticket or I"ll have a psycotic episode on the plane.
Exactly... I am honestly curious what they would do if you DEMANDED to get off. And just start going for the door! Seroiusly?




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:55 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Exactly... I am honestly curious what they would do if you DEMANDED to get off. And just start going for the door! Seroiusly?
Probably not let you go, because others may demand the same. Given you do not calm down, you would also probably be considered a risk to safety, at which point you're going to be worse off than seating cramped in a small seat for hours on end.
Mutag is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutag View Post
Probably not let you go, because others may demand the same. Given you do not calm down, you would also probably be considered a risk to safety, at which point you're going to be worse off than seating cramped in a small seat for hours on end.
Which would be total BS. I would get off that plane. They WOULD let me. Otherwise they are unlawfully detaining me... I would be the guy who grabs the guy with the video camera, moved up to the front, and demanded to get off. In fact, I would recruit others to join me as I was up there... Very Jerry Maguire, "who's coming with me!"
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:29 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,237
All I know is that if I was on there, I would be irrate, and I agree with everyones ideas so far.

BUT, if I had my child on there and they wouldn't let us off, wouldn't feed us, I KNOW I would leave there one way or another (In handcuffs, tasered multiple times, whatever it took to get off that f'n plane)
fpzx10 is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Oh dayum... the window cracked. ?


PlayfulGod is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:29 PM
 
PiZdETS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 912
If you ask to be let off they will try to determine your problem and try to talk you out of it but if you absolutely insist they'll taxi back to the gate and let you off. You won't be refunded and they probably won't let you fly again any time soon.
It's rare but it does happen, I've seen it happen a couple times when it starts storming and first time flyers get scared and demand to be let off.
Once you're in the air, you wont get off early unless you cause a big scene, in which case they'll divert back to the starting city, air marshals get involved and you have federal charges against you for disrupting a flight. That's happened a couple times already this summer, vacation travel makes people CRAZY...no thanks to us
It happened last year during the superbowl, some guy thought he'd be able to keep his cell phone on to check the score while in the air and when they made him turn it off he flipped the crap out and made them divert back. Air Marshalls aren't gentle.
PiZdETS is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:17 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
If you ask to be let off they will try to determine your problem and try to talk you out of it but if you absolutely insist they'll taxi back to the gate and let you off. You won't be refunded and they probably won't let you fly again any time soon.
It's rare but it does happen, I've seen it happen a couple times when it starts storming and first time flyers get scared and demand to be let off.
Once you're in the air, you wont get off early unless you cause a big scene, in which case they'll divert back to the starting city, air marshals get involved and you have federal charges against you for disrupting a flight. That's happened a couple times already this summer, vacation travel makes people CRAZY...no thanks to us
It happened last year during the superbowl, some guy thought he'd be able to keep his cell phone on to check the score while in the air and when they made him turn it off he flipped the crap out and made them divert back. Air Marshalls aren't gentle.
Nice to get the real answer.
Mutag is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:06 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 624
Delta blows. The government should have let them go under. Its not a coincidence that this was a Delta flight.
6doublefive321 is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:12 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
1BadCBR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome