Here's an easy way to get songs from an iPod to a new computer without downloading any other program. I've used this twice and it works like a charm.
1) make sure there is a "itunes music" folder somewhere in your documents. if not, then just load any cd into itunes and the folder will automatically be created.
2) plug your ipod in. go to "my computer" then into your ipod icon.
3) search the folders until you come across one which contains around 50 folders, all beginning with "f".
4) select all of these and copy them.
5)go into the "itunes music" folder and create a new folder. it doesn't matter what you call it.
6) paste all of the folders into your new folder. this will take FOREVER!!!!
7) when thats all finished, open up itunes.
8) got to "file" then "add folder to library". find the new folder you created in "itunes music" and select it to be added.
9) this, again, will take a long time
10) all of your songs should be there