Interesting Slipknot info... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,535
Interesting Slipknot info...

Anyone know that Slipknot and Stonesour are the same band? I thought it was kinda interesting. Apparently they wanted to appeal to the rock listeners as well as metal
upshift is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
had no idea.
ShanMan14 is offline  
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Anyone know that Slipknot and Stonesour are the same band? I thought it was kinda interesting. Apparently they wanted to appeal to the rock listeners as well as metal
Not the same band. Corey Taylor and Jim Root are in both bands though. StoneSour was Corey's original band before Slipknot.
Rider is offline  
post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Not the same band. Corey Taylor and Jim Root are in both bands though. StoneSour was Corey's original band before Slipknot.
Well thats what i get for listening to my friend He said the entire band was the same. I did think it was kinda odd that Slipknot had more members than Stonesour, i just thought it was a couple members joined to be Stonesour.
so Stonesour was created before Slipknot?
upshift is offline  
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Well thats what i get for listening to my friend He said the entire band was the same. I did think it was kinda odd that Slipknot had more members than Stonesour, i just thought it was a couple members joined to be Stonesour.
so Stonesour was created before Slipknot?
Yes, they were. Other members of Slipnot have other bands. Joey Jordison plays guitar for the Murder Dolls. The rest im not sure of.
Rider is offline  
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 442
Does anyone know if Slipknot will be recording/releasing a new album any time soon? their last one (Volume III, the subliminal verses) is one of my all time favorite albums...
Mr. Pink is offline  
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Does anyone know if Slipknot will be recording/releasing a new album any time soon? their last one (Volume III, the subliminal verses) is one of my all time favorite albums...
Yes a new one will be out in a few months.

Acctually I just found this.

Slipknot Eyeing Spring Release for Fourth Album
Fans pining for more Slipknot likely won't have to wait much longer, as drummer Joey Jordison says the masked metal marauders will begin writing their fourth disc in October with hopes to release it next spring. "We'll probably start touring a month or so before the album comes out," adds Jordison. "There's still some things to be worked out, but the main thing is . . . that there will be another Slipknot record."
www.blabbermouth.net
Rider is offline  
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yes, they were. Other members of Slipnot have other bands. Joey Jordison plays guitar for the Murder Dolls. The rest im not sure of.
Dang never knew that either...seems like i remember a band that went and made another band for another type of music...i cant remeber it tho...maybe im thinking of garth brooks when he went to rock for a while
upshift is offline  
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yes a new one will be out in a few months.

Acctually I just found this.

Slipknot Eyeing Spring Release for Fourth Album
Fans pining for more Slipknot likely won't have to wait much longer, as drummer Joey Jordison says the masked metal marauders will begin writing their fourth disc in October with hopes to release it next spring. "We'll probably start touring a month or so before the album comes out," adds Jordison. "There's still some things to be worked out, but the main thing is . . . that there will be another Slipknot record."
www.blabbermouth.net
sweet! need to put that on the calendar...
upshift is offline  
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Factory Racer
 
Bassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 1,431
Send a message via AIM to Bassplayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Not the same band. Corey Taylor and Jim Root are in both bands though. StoneSour was Corey's original band before Slipknot.
its true
Bassplayer is offline  
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Where's DJNyteblaste when you need him/her? She used to have sex with all the Slipknot guys and has plaster impressions of their penises that she uses to create Christmas ornaments out of...

Anyway, I think the first Slipknot album is the best... Iowa is good... Sub Verses... decent... I hope the next one is crazy hardcore and scary...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
Where's DJNyteblaste when you need him/her? She used to have sex with all the Slipknot guys and has plaster impressions of their penises that she uses to create Christmas ornaments out of...
upshift is offline  
post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
It's true... She cuts down her own trees even... Uses old chainsaw chains... sans the saw... Then she puts the trees up in the garage next to her ZX-14 that's custom painted the stock color... She also stunts her buddies Tesi2d... It does mad stoppies yo...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:34 PM
 
PiZdETS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Yet another loser who claimed to have a bike they probably didn't have. Made a bunch of ZX-14 threads and in this one made it pretty clear he was making details up or possibly the whole story. I asked for proof pics and he hasn't been in that thread or on here much at all since.


Quote:
Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead. ~Mac McCleary
PiZdETS is offline  
post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
My favorite part was when she said that her ZX-14 came in a different color... and she had it custom painted... From a non-stock color... TO A STOCK COLOR...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #16 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Yet another loser who claimed to have a bike they probably didn't have. Made a bunch of ZX-14 threads and in this one made it pretty clear he was making details up or possibly the whole story. I asked for proof pics and he hasn't been in that thread or on here much at all since.
so he/she does/doesnt have a ZX-14 that may or may not be painted a stock color i think i remember the tesi2d discussion...everyone was like its a concept bike, how can ur friend have one just another poser...
upshift is offline  
post #17 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
so he/she does/doesnt have a ZX-14 that may or may not be painted a stock color i think i remember the tesi2d discussion...everyone was like its a concept bike, how can ur friend have one just another poser...
I wonder if you can put a 240 rear tire on that?
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #18 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
I wonder if you can put a 240 rear tire on that?
the tesi? how about a 240 front and back?
upshift is offline  
post #19 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
the tesi? how about a 240 front and back?
Colonel Klink should check out this thread...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #20 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
Colonel Klink should check out this thread...
y colonel klink?
upshift is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome