Google Job - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,017
Google Job

I don't normally get excited over job applications, but this one surprised me.
everyone knows how picky Google is in their hiring process. early this week, i applied for a data technician job located in atlanta (maintaining and installing their linux server farm). i dismissed it as one of those unobtainable jobs.
today, i received email from google for more specific information on my linux experience. woohoo... i'm being considered for the position!

my first dream was to race AMA superbike. that was obtained
next was working at Bell Labs. that too was successful
lastly, working for Disney was another goal. this is where i'm at now.
but Google? woah... Karma has been good to me...

i wonder if i should tell em about my linux warez sitez or my DDOS crew that took down many a sites.

-a|ex
Back _Marker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 04:06 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
WHOAH.... Congrats and good luck!! Seriously, that's really, really incredible that they even contacted you back!

Sending good vibes your way...
neebelung is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back _Marker View Post
I don't normally get excited over job applications, but this one surprised me.
everyone knows how picky Google is in their hiring process. early this week, i applied for a data technician job located in atlanta (maintaining and installing their linux server farm). i dismissed it as one of those unobtainable jobs.
today, i received email from google for more specific information on my linux experience. woohoo... i'm being considered for the position!

my first dream was to race AMA superbike. that was obtained
next was working at Bell Labs. that too was successful
lastly, working for Disney was another goal. this is where i'm at now.
but Google? woah... Karma has been good to me...

i wonder if i should tell em about my linux warez sitez or my DDOS crew that took down many a sites.

-a|ex
Congrats d00d leave out about teh DDoS mention instead knowledge of C++

I had a interview with them last year, but they were wanting someone out of school and with more experience than I have. You should be well qualified
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 04:41 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,237
Good luck
fpzx10 is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 04:54 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 639
Working for Google is one of my dreams but I kinda went to school for something completely unrelated Google is an awesome company to work for especially if you get to work at one of there think tanks. As far as the black hat stuff goes I wouldn't actively tell them but if they ask I would just because Google has a reputation for wanting the best regardless of umm 'history' within reason. All that stuff just shows you know more about the other side of security than most.
Ineffable is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 04:59 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,152
cool man! to ya and keep us posted!
Crazy250 is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 05:03 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
I know someone that works at google. Pay isn't as well, but they got good perks.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 05:09 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy250 View Post
cool man! to ya and keep us posted!
ne1469 is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 06:26 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916







-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 01:22 PM
TWF Champion
 
SVRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,631
Send a message via Yahoo to SVRider
So if you work for Google... where do you go to search for things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
they make the one i posted in a strap on version
SVRider is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRider View Post
So if you work for Google... where do you go to search for things?
You know those perks Trip mentioned... one of them is a team of midgets that goes out and searches all the local libraries for any information you are looking for... Verizon has 'the network' and Google has... midgets.
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 01:49 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You know those perks Trip mentioned... one of them is a team of midgets that goes out and searches all the local libraries for any information you are looking for... Verizon has 'the network' and Google has... midgets.


Shift is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post


What?.... You a midget?
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 02:07 PM
TWF Champion
 
SVRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,631
Send a message via Yahoo to SVRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You know those perks Trip mentioned... one of them is a team of midgets that goes out and searches all the local libraries for any information you are looking for... Verizon has 'the network' and Google has... midgets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
they make the one i posted in a strap on version
SVRider is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 02:35 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,142
I'd go for it. you know the good and bad side of security, so you could have some real fun with that.
King Bob is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 03:21 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
When I was stationed in colorado, I moonlighted at Apple Computer, Inc for a while. That is the reason while to this day, I will never own a Apple computer....


Nothing to do with Google, but it made me think about my experience!
1BadCBR is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadCBR View Post
When I was stationed in colorado, I moonlighted at Apple Computer, Inc for a while. That is the reason while to this day, I will never own a Apple computer....


Nothing to do with Google, but it made me think about my experience!
Did Apple have midgets?
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 04:28 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I know someone that works at google. Pay isn't as well, but they got good perks.
Yeah like you can bring your dog to work!
ceo012384 is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Get a job with Microsoft then ya get paid to hack n steal stuff
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 478
Yeah good luck, and congrats!
GearGrabinGuy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome