What other sites do you visit? - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
BusaBabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: L.A. - Sunny California
Posts: 433
What other sites do you visit?

I like www.sportbikes.net. Don't go looking for me over there, I have a different name. I like it here better though, sb.net is a little big for my taste. It can be hard to find the info you need. What are some sites you visit?
BusaBabe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 07:24 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 510
SBN is huge! But not near as big as SBC !! your talking 70,000 members + I believe.

It's just way to huge for my taste..It's too hard to get to know anybody over there, and its all so spread out with so many posts, that if you reply to some threads, come back an hour later, there 3 more pages of new posts in 1 forum!!! UGH!! I just can't keep up over there at all, so I dont bother too often. They do have alot of information over there though, so thats nice! But its hard to find it, and the site generally runs slow, which drives me crazy. I hate slow forums!

I also can't stand all the back biting, and language they use over there. I know I can have a mouth like a sailor at times, but geez, show some courtesy for others who don't care to hear it.

I like it here much much better. The people are cool, there's more than enough knowledge about virutally any sportbike topic to learn what I need, and you people are hilarious to talk with too! it always brightens my day when I visit!
hondaguy is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 08:23 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
TWF ROCKS!!

Other than that it's just WOS forum for me!! I hate those other sites!!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 08:47 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 138
I just started here tonight, but so far so good. You people seem pretty cool !!! I haven't posted much on forums in the past, but since I found this place, and its not so big that you feel lost, I think I'll stick around for awhile.
2Fast4U is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 08:58 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,687
www.riderforums.com

good site, pretty small its fairly bike specific though.
Kawasaki Z1000/750, ZR-7 and a few Yamaha sport tourers and other kawis.

Some Zx-9R info too since they share so many parts with the Z1000.
ScottSellersUNR is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 07:25 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 105
i primarily spend time at my board, Plan B.

Plan B is private and very tight-knit. its totally off-topic, much like the lounge here. many of the members are old e-friends of mine, totally uninvolved in the bike scene.

this is the only bike board for me, though. i'm uninterested in the bigger, ruder boards, and quite frankly i like the management and members here at 2wf more than what ive seen on sbw etc.
BigDaddyV is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 07:37 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,654
TWF has become the only board I post on now. I use to go to Gixxer.com but there is alot of how you say"squids" there. Iam thinking that 90% of GSXR owners are squids...The other 10% are here on TWF
twisty is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 07:54 AM
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
What other sites?
ShanMan14 is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 08:38 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Twisty this

Quote:
I use to go to Gixxer.com but there is alot of how you say"squids" there. Iam thinking that 90% of GSXR owners are squids...The other 10% are here on TWF
Was a top reason why I didn't buy a GSXR! I didn't have the flashyness that you have to not ACCIDENTLY be placed into that 10%. I believe I have enough, after the Twisty after school study program aka WOS, to pull it off. That is why I would consider the newer GSXR 1k's (such as your '04) in the top of my new (if I was in the market) bike considerations!

But your new found thoughts on the GSXR community was my belief when I was looking at buying a new bike back in '02 and that's why I went with my 9R!

I'm glad you see this and I'm glad you are in the 10%! Keep on trying to convert...your fellow GSXR commrades need you!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 10:04 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,544
For forums I go to:

http://www.sportbikes.ws/
corvetteforum.com
http://bannedcampforum.com/
soonerfans.com

and a couple local car forums.
Pigface1 is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 10:37 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
Most of you know know I lurk over on SBN, but only post there alittle bit, like the rest of you, its just way to huge for my taste.

my other place to hang out on , is www.katriders.com , just started up about 2 months ago or so, after KP went down and all the BS that was there b/4 it crashed. A couple of the regulars over there got together and created a temporary place called KP refugees that was up for about a month, till katriders.com was created as a more permanant home for us kats. That place is growing very well now.

TWF is where its at! Ever since that day I got the email invite from Shan to come check this place out, I ran with and never looked back.
Need4Speed is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 11:15 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,210
This and WOS is pretty much the only sites I post on. I do visit Gixxer Girls and the Michigan Cycle Forum occasionally.
Pippi is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 11:16 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,845
Wide Open Sportbikes - WOS
R6 Messagenet - R6 MN
Redline Sportbikes - RL
Stuntlife - SL

I don't post much on any of them except WOS and here.
Mudpuppy is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 11:17 AM
First 1000 Member
March 2008 BOTM Winner!
 
pickle.of.doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Howell,MI
Posts: 4,183
Cycle World
Cycleforums MI scetion
Superhawk Forums
Run Level Zero
Sport Touring.net
Gigabikes
Here!

SBN and SBC, I wasn't too impressed with those, seemed like a whole lot of people just spouting a whole lot of BS.

pickle.of.doom is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 08:06 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy
SBN is huge! But not near as big as SBC !! your talking 70,000 members + I believe.

It's just way to huge for my taste..It's too hard to get to know anybody over there, and its all so spread out with so many posts, that if you reply to some threads, come back an hour later, there 3 more pages of new posts in 1 forum!!! UGH!! I just can't keep up over there at all, so I dont bother too often. They do have alot of information over there though, so thats nice! But its hard to find it, and the site generally runs slow, which drives me crazy. I hate slow forums!

I also can't stand all the back biting, and language they use over there. I know I can have a mouth like a sailor at times, but geez, show some courtesy for others who don't care to hear it.

I like it here much much better. The people are cool, there's more than enough knowledge about virutally any sportbike topic to learn what I need, and you people are hilarious to talk with too! it always brightens my day when I visit!
bumblebee is offline  
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 08:55 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Pickle you're on WOS too!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 09:10 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by double2000r6
Wide Open Sportbikes - WOS
R6 Messagenet - R6 MN
Redline Sportbikes - RL
Stuntlife - SL

I don't post much on any of them except WOS and here.

damn straight... nobody appreciates you like we do !
Need4Speed is offline  
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 10:19 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 44
Quote:
Iam thinking that 90% of GSXR owners are squids...The other 10% are here on TWF
It seems like almost 90% of anyone that rides anymore is a squid. Atleast in my area. like sportbikes became a trand in the last few year and ever kid with alittle bit of money and no brains has a bike these days.

Anyways, i dont post much on bike boards anymore, but i am admin of a local muscle/domestic car forum here in colorado. www.ColoradoMuscle.com if anyone want to check it out. We are going to give it a face lift once the new year rolls around just incase u were wondering why it looked alittle plain.
The Bacardi God is offline  
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 11:03 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaBabe
I like www.sportbikes.net. Don't go looking for me over there, I have a different name. I like it here better though, sb.net is a little big for my taste. It can be hard to find the info you need. What are some sites you visit?
i'm on sbn too but i have this same name. what's urs over there?

i also used to go to cycle forums but it was way too busy for me to keep up with.

that's about it for bikes.....
BikesR4Girls is offline  
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:07 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
havent seen ya in awhile girl..good to have you back!! Yeah, I noticed your avatar on sbn, I was like yeah, we gotta her over here!!
Need4Speed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome