Wives and rims - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 646
Wives and rims

My wife calls me at work sayin the car is shaking real bad. So I told her to pull over and check the tires. She said they are fine so I told her to drive home carefully and I'll look when I get home. Then she calls me back like after 15 minutes of more driving saying the front tire was flat. I was so pissed because she checked all but one. She has brand new 18" tires on her civic and now we will need another new one because of laziness. I swear
jnn7404 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 10:09 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,142
let me guess, rear left tire? or right?
King Bob is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 646
passenger front
jnn7404 is offline  
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,082
how did she check all but one? how do you not look at the front tire if you are on that side of the car looking at the rear tire?
itgirl25 is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Rookie
 
audijunky_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 110
She probably didn't check any of them. Too scared to pull over.

Sincerely Your "Squidly" VA rider
audijunky_1 is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 AM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,586
And I complain about feeling a 1-2 lb difference in tire pressure Maybe some folks just aren't observant? I am always suprised sitting at stop lights how many folks have low tire pressure or even something hanging off the car or on top
smileyman is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 09:33 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
I've seen guys do the same thing though. Its not just a woman thing.
Rider is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Privateer
 
jtemple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Papillion, NE
Posts: 946
Yep. My wife's solution to strange car noises is to turn the radio up louder.

2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R
Tank Pad, StompGrips, Homemade Fender Eliminator Kit
jtemple is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 02:18 PM
TWF Champion
 
SVRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,631
Send a message via Yahoo to SVRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
Yep. My wife's solution to strange car noises is to turn the radio up louder.
My "noise" tech and I joke about that alot. When a customer hears a random noise in their vehicle, we say it's a radio problem. the radio isn't turned up loud enough to drown out the noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
they make the one i posted in a strap on version
SVRider is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
I've done that.


Wife: "do you hear that?"
Me: (turns up radio) "Hear what?"



marko138 is offline  
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 02:22 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRider View Post
My "noise" tech and I joke about that alot. When a customer hears a random noise in their vehicle, we say it's a radio problem. the radio isn't turned up loud enough to drown out the noise
Thats why car dealers suck!!! They can never seem the fix that squeaky dash.
Rider is offline  
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 646
IDK how she didn't see the last tire. The tire pumped up and held air. It is leaking a little around the bead, so I am taking it to a tire place tomorrow and getting it checked out.
jnn7404 is offline  
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 01:32 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnn7404 View Post
IDK how she didn't see the last tire.
I do. She's female.
ceo012384 is offline  
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 08:55 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Thank you boys... you just made me feel a whole letter better about my wife. She doesn't do anything of that stupid crap.




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 06:38 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnn7404 View Post
My wife calls me at work sayin the car is shaking real bad. So I told her to pull over and check the tires. She said they are fine so I told her to drive home carefully and I'll look when I get home. Then she calls me back like after 15 minutes of more driving saying the front tire was flat. I was so pissed because she checked all but one. She has brand new 18" tires on her civic and now we will need another new one because of laziness. I swear
can i ask a question y do u even have 18's on a civic i bet she has great gas mileage better than before
02GSXXR is offline  
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 11:03 AM
TWF Champion
 
SVRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,631
Send a message via Yahoo to SVRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
can i ask a question y do u even have 18's on a civic i bet she has great gas mileage better than before
Comes stock with 17's.

Hell, the new Lincoln's next year are coming stock with 20's

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
they make the one i posted in a strap on version
SVRider is offline  
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 12:58 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
Yep. My wife's solution to strange car noises is to turn the radio up louder.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Thank you boys... you just made me feel a whole letter better about my wife. She doesn't do anything of that stupid crap.
with Gas Man. I literally married the farmer's daughter and she knows how to take care of vehicles. Any time there is an usual noise or soemthing doesn't "feel right" she tells me about it.

Must cheaper to to catch and repair a small problem before you have catastrophic failure.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline  
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 07:44 PM
TWF Champion
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SouthWest, PA
Posts: 3,230
Send a message via AIM to Phenix_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post

with Gas Man. I literally married the farmer's daughter and she knows how to take care of vehicles. Any time there is an usual noise or soemthing doesn't "feel right" she tells me about it.
Must cheaper to to catch and repair a small problem before you have catastrophic failure.
Jeff
Spell check not workin' there bud?

My girl just killed her battery by leaving the lights on. That's ok though, it's happened to everyone at least once. Dark when you leave, light when you arrive. Happened to me once.

Check This: Hot New Artist Sailing up the charts!

'07 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue
Got Gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
All riders take risks- what you wear usually reflects your respect for the bike and general knowledge of riding.
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 646
It still gets great gas mileage Looks better with these rims, and its not a race car so driveability is still good. The rim and tire is still fine. You cant even tell it went flat I guess because there is no sidewall.
jnn7404 is offline  
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 08:18 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 155
You have no idea how lucky you are, ask MTP some day how much my driving adventure cost him
Bfly71 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome