Christmas Presents - Page 3 - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 11:49 AM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post
What do you plan on doing with said compressor?
impact wrench would be handy sometimes, but I don't see it being used that much to need a super compressor, at least not for motorcycle work. You can use a $30 compressor from wally world to inflate moto tires.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 12:07 PM
TWF Champion
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SouthWest, PA
Posts: 3,230
Send a message via AIM to Phenix_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
impact wrench would be handy sometimes, but I don't see it being used that much to need a super compressor, at least not for motorcycle work. You can use a $30 compressor from wally world to inflate moto tires.
Impact wrench might need a good supply- not sure. I know stuff like paint guns and die grinders need a high rate (cfm) compressor at about 90psi. Even a small air ratchet will drain a small tank fast.

Check This: Hot New Artist Sailing up the charts!

'07 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue
Got Gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
All riders take risks- what you wear usually reflects your respect for the bike and general knowledge of riding.
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
My wife's present is my presence






And after I'm done sleeping on the curb, I'll buy her something nice, like a gift card to Lowe's
...so then you're planning on an extended stay on that couch, eh?
neebelung is offline  
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 08:44 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I have no idea. All I use it for is inflating tires. I have some air tools but I've never used them.
Fair enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post
What do you plan on doing with said compressor?
Loads of things: Inflating tires, running an impact wrench/ratchet, learning to paint and using a sprayer.

Last but not least, we are fairly soon going to be gutting the apartment on the second floor of the same building and remodeling it to rent out. For that, it would be nice to run some nailers (finish, framing, drywall, etc). A 50 foot air hose out the door of my workshop would reach right up there.

I think at least a couple of the things in this list would benefit from a decently powered compressor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Tomfoolerly.
Yes, and maybe some shenanigans, as well as a couple high-jinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Impact wrench might need a good supply- not sure. I know stuff like paint guns and die grinders need a high rate (cfm) compressor at about 90psi. Even a small air ratchet will drain a small tank fast.
One single impact wrench doesn't need much supply, since it's only on for a very short amount of time.

A large tank and decent flow rate is usually required for a paint gun, which is one of the reasons I will probably go for something with a thirty-something gallon tank, and decent power. A couple hundred extra bucks for a nicer unit isn't a big deal if I forsee the possibility of using it down the road.
ceo012384 is offline  
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 AM
TWF Champion
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SouthWest, PA
Posts: 3,230
Send a message via AIM to Phenix_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
A large tank and decent flow rate is usually required for a paint gun, which is one of the reasons I will probably go for something with a thirty-something gallon tank, and decent power. A couple hundred extra bucks for a nicer unit isn't a big deal if I forsee the possibility of using it down the road.
I saw a 30 gallon (I think) compressor at Lowe's. Something like 90cfm at 90psi. $350. Not one of the little one piece electric motor/compressors either. It had a nice separate electric motor, and a three cylinder cast compressor body. Cylinder bolted to the floor with motor and pump on top. Something like that would be perfect- just mount it in a corner of the shop- or even outdoors if you have an area to keep the worst weather off it.

Check This: Hot New Artist Sailing up the charts!

'07 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue
Got Gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
All riders take risks- what you wear usually reflects your respect for the bike and general knowledge of riding.
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 01:18 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
I saw a 30 gallon (I think) compressor at Lowe's. Something like 90cfm at 90psi. $350. Not one of the little one piece electric motor/compressors either. It had a nice separate electric motor, and a three cylinder cast compressor body. Cylinder bolted to the floor with motor and pump on top. Something like that would be perfect- just mount it in a corner of the shop- or even outdoors if you have an area to keep the worst weather off it.
Hmm interesting. That's a good price, decent flow rate.

Yeah as I've been considering a larger volume one I have been thinking about putting it outside, and building a little 'dog house'-ish thing to protect it. Would be nice to save the space.

I still think I'm a little ways away from doing this anyways, though. Lots of time to think about it. Gotta finish the damn garage first
ceo012384 is offline  
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Rookie
 
SuzukiLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
I got gypted at christmas this year!! Dvd player, a fox, icon, ktm shirt, and cleaning supplies...VERY exciting...but its ok, id rather give anyways.
SuzukiLady is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome