Some people... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
Some people...

Some idiot was riding on my rear something ridiculous last night. Here I am, minding my own business, driving in the city, heading out towards home. Speed limit is of course 25 MPH, so thats what Im doing ...anyhow, Im cruising along, and this Explorer comes that has been following behind me for about a mile or so, staying back a decent distance, (single lanes, 1 each way) decides to now get right up on rear end, so close that I can see the water marks on left on his bumper so I politely flash my tail light a couple times, and he backs off alittle..within 20 seconds, he's right back up me again swerving to each side like he wants to try and pass me. so I flick them again, nothing, he's still right there. Speed Limit is still 25, so Im playing it safe since cops are out in full force more than ever this summer, or so it seems, and speeding through the city isnt something very smart to begin with. so then after a bit, the road expands to 2 lanes each way as we leave the city and head out of town, and he cuts over and flies past me and shoots ME the finger..I was like WTF!!! You're mad at me for going the speed limit??? by this time I had had enough, this had been going on for about 4 miles, single lane.

He was still getting on the throttle after he past me as he sped away, I got alittle heated, I'll admit, so i just downshifted into 3rd, cracked it open and flew past him like he was standing still. Then we met up at a stop light about 1.5 from where he passed me, he again shot me the finger..and told him, politely.."Dont tailgate motorcyclists" ..He of course ignored me and sped off. :ack:

I know I shouldnt have stooped to his level when he passed me, but damn that just really hit my button that night for some reason..usually I just blow them off and dont give it a second thought. As riders, we get so much flack and a stereotype because of some that pull wheelies through an intersection, fly past cars on the highway doing 130 mph, or from videos that are readily available from the more popular stunters around the country; That you just cant win. I know this ongoing stereotype/attitude towards motorcyclists has been going on forever with no end in sight, but sometimes, it just gets to ya.

Sorry all, just had to vent there for a minute... :ack:

Last edited by Need4Speed; 08-08-2004 at 07:41 AM.
Need4Speed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 08:42 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
I understand how you feel about morons. I have yet to have some ass on my tail like that(knock on wood), but I do, well did, know someone that this has happen to. My old friend when I first started riding was out with some of his other friends riding one night(I had to work) when some ass got all close to them doing the same thing,so they decided to say bye to this guy and hit the throttle and on their way they went. I guess this guy thought he could keep up with them and tried. Of corse knowing that we can take corners faster and sharper then a car, this guy tried to do the same and didnt slow down and hit my friend in the rear tire causeing him to go airborne and hit a tree. Later finding out he was drunk.

I myself will just pull over and let any ass that wants to act like that pass and go on with his marry way. A lesson learned in this even though I wasn't there.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
I can't stand tailgaters and when I'm on my bke it irritates me that much more. I usually try to get away if possible, or even pull off and let him through. I figure if he's in front then he can get the ticket and clear the road up ahead.
ShanMan14 is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
yeah, pulling over would have been, and usually is the smart thing to do...and in retrospect I should have done that..but he just really irritated me that day. :ack:
Need4Speed is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 09:47 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Speed750
yeah, pulling over would have been, and usually is the smart thing to do...and in retrospect I should have done that..but he just really irritated me that day. :ack:

I understand where your coming from but you also have to remember that we stop and brake alot faster then a car or truck will ever be able to. Always best to play it safe and let ppl like that pass.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 06:34 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,394
A long time ago, I was a tank driver. What a sense of power it was crawling behind the wheel. Now these three-ton SUV drivers get the same feeling when they are behind the wheel. Even soccer mom's get transformed when they snuggle into 6,000 pounds of chrome and steel. That mass creates an artificial gravity that must warp their brains, as they think they are quicker and can outmaneuver a sportbike. I avoid them.
No Worries is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 05:03 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries
A long time ago, I was a tank driver. What a sense of power it was crawling behind the wheel. Now these three-ton SUV drivers get the same feeling when they are behind the wheel. Even soccer mom's get transformed when they snuggle into 6,000 pounds of chrome and steel. That mass creates an artificial gravity that must warp their brains, as they think they are quicker and can outmaneuver a sportbike. I avoid them.


I know what you mean about the whole thing of being in a tank. I used to drive them when I was stationed in Italy and it was a lot of fun and with all that armor around you you do fell a bit safe with it all. That was a tank, not these SUV's. these ppl in the SUV's need to releize this and stop driving them like they are in one(tank). Someday they might learn. Someday.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 01:46 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Speed750 View Post
Some idiot was riding on my rear something ridiculous last night. Here I am, minding my own business, driving in the city, heading out towards home. Speed limit is of course 25 MPH, so thats what Im doing ...anyhow, Im cruising along, and this Explorer comes that has been following behind me for about a mile or so, staying back a decent distance, (single lanes, 1 each way) decides to now get right up on rear end, so close that I can see the water marks on left on his bumper so I politely flash my tail light a couple times, and he backs off alittle..within 20 seconds, he's right back up me again swerving to each side like he wants to try and pass me. so I flick them again, nothing, he's still right there. Speed Limit is still 25, so Im playing it safe since cops are out in full force more than ever this summer, or so it seems, and speeding through the city isnt something very smart to begin with. so then after a bit, the road expands to 2 lanes each way as we leave the city and head out of town, and he cuts over and flies past me and shoots ME the finger..I was like WTF!!! You're mad at me for going the speed limit??? by this time I had had enough, this had been going on for about 4 miles, single lane.

He was still getting on the throttle after he past me as he sped away, I got alittle heated, I'll admit, so i just downshifted into 3rd, cracked it open and flew past him like he was standing still. Then we met up at a stop light about 1.5 from where he passed me, he again shot me the finger..and told him, politely.."Dont tailgate motorcyclists" ..He of course ignored me and sped off. :ack:

I know I shouldnt have stooped to his level when he passed me, but damn that just really hit my button that night for some reason..usually I just blow them off and dont give it a second thought. As riders, we get so much flack and a stereotype because of some that pull wheelies through an intersection, fly past cars on the highway doing 130 mph, or from videos that are readily available from the more popular stunters around the country; That you just cant win. I know this ongoing stereotype/attitude towards motorcyclists has been going on forever with no end in sight, but sometimes, it just gets to ya.

Sorry all, just had to vent there for a minute... :ack:
asshat.
byron12 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 02:27 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 211
Happens to me EVERY SINGLE TIME I go out!!! that's no s**t,seriously! I get so pissd off,there was one time last week,I'm on a two lane,the shoulder to my right opens up w/no parked cars and the woman behind me,who had been up my a** until now,decides to punch it and pass on my right,on the shoulder,w/ no space between me and the car in front of me,she realizes there's parked cars comin up and instantly cuts me off,forcin me into oncomin traffic,I handle the situation,but then get so pissed, the next chance I got,I rode back into oncoming traffic to get beside her with traffic being stopped,I yelled "yea, you got real far didn't you,a**hole"! Here she looks at me like she don't what the hell I'm talkin about and starts freakin out callin me ALL kinda names,how she rides too,and shes gonna "blow my head off" All this while,she's got a mini van w/elderly folks,she must've been driving for a care center S**t like that happens every time I ride,no lie! Here in Philly there are lots of people that a feel laws dont apply to them any more,It's really incredible! Yesterday they anounced the 380th murder in this city ,this year alone! Last year the death toll from fires-50 people,murder/shooting-380 I know it's wrong but if Hakiim so-and-so is gonna tailgate,talk on the cell,lean so far back in the seat that he's in the trunk,cut me off,then tell me "what,you wanna get shot?" I might give it up....
JEKYLL is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 10:04 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 264
bro there all over. It seems like they're jealous, so they want to mess up your ride....
rockadaous is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 09:03 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 343
UM did anyone notice the thread is over 2 years old ????
pocketrocket is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 09:37 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
asshat.
You are NOT ALLOWED to speak ill of N4S!!! That is like a TWF MAN RULE!






-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 09:40 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016




marko138 is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 12:04 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
You are NOT ALLOWED to speak ill of N4S!!! That is like a TWF MAN RULE!

I was speaking ill of the ass riding dude that was juggin on em not need for speed I have read alot of his posts he is allright thats why the fool juggin on em is an asshat.
byron12 is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 03:59 AM
First 1000 Member
 
jetskifast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Calif, San Juan Island Wa
Posts: 1,897
Reminds me of a hole who rode my a$$ accross Bay Bridge on my way home one night few years ago. I followed him to his exit, drove into apartment complex. Nice large rock happend to be located near by, that went thru his rear window.
I called CHP reported driver, even reported he tapped me on freeway, CHP never got back to me
jetskifast is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:34 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketrocket View Post
UM did anyone notice the thread is over 2 years old ????
A lot of that has been going on lately.
1BadCBR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome