1000+ - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
1000+

I broke the 1000 mile marker on the bike today. And the shift light came on for the first time too. I was waiting for both of those!
Grafixx01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 08:55 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 08:56 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
Good luck, get used to that shift light, and then ignore it and crank that baby up
Need4Speed is offline  
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Good luck, get used to that shift light, and then ignore it and crank that baby up

Dude, the shift light goes like this:

1st gear : comes on at 55mph
2nd gear : comes on at 105mph


I think 3rd is someplace around 135mph, I've never taken it that high.

I've only taken it up to 115mph.
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:19 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
Dude, the shift light goes like this:

1st gear : comes on at 55mph
2nd gear : comes on at 105mph


I think 3rd is someplace around 135mph, I've never taken it that high.

I've only taken it up to 115mph.
Isnt the speed limit on the highway about 65 or so? You need to keep it about there..
PhoenixGirlie is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:27 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
Dude, the shift light goes like this:

Shift Light...what the hell is that. I have never seen that thing come on. Come to think about it...I have never seen it. I don't look down there. I look forward and twist the throttle.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:32 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
Right on bro.. shift lights are just suggestions, not commands!! Who has time to look for that anyways when ur doin mach 2 down Rt 30 at 2 am in the morning...
Need4Speed is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:40 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Right on bro.. shift lights are just suggestions, not commands!! Who has time to look for that anyways when ur doin mach 2 down Rt 30 at 2 am in the morning...

I have no clue who you are referring to there.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:42 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
OH yeah, thats right, carrie posts on here..uumm, yeah, I didnt really mean mach2, cuz we never rode that fast.. nope, not us!!!
Need4Speed is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:44 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
Your right...we went a hell of a lot faster.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 10:02 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
Aaahhhhh, memories !!! Those were the days!! Freezin our asses off at 3am riding all over creation, then stoppin in at denny's to warm up and look for drunk hot chicks.. er, I mean, sorry, thats not what I meant, I mean um, we just had coffee!!!

Need4Speed is offline  
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 10:03 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
It did get cold at nights sometimes.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 10:04 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,269
I dunno wtf this posts means but I like your bike!
PhoenixGirlie is offline  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 10:06 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Aaahhhhh, memories !!! Those were the days!! Freezin our asses off at 3am riding all over creation, then stoppin in at denny's to warm up and look for drunk hot chicks.. er, I mean, sorry, thats not what I meant, I mean um, we just had coffee!!!


And you guys left me at [email protected] it Matthew & David.... LOL
3BoyzNaBike is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 10:12 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
uh, woops, uumm,
Need4Speed is offline  
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGirlie
I dunno wtf this posts means but I like your bike!

Like who's bike? Huh? What? I'm lost on that one.

And yes, the speed limit around here for the most part is like 70MPH -75MPH. I only took the bike over 100 like twice.
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:54 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
Like who's bike? Huh? What? I'm lost on that one.

And yes, the speed limit around here for the most part is like 70MPH -75MPH. I only took the bike over 100 like twice.
ummmmm........your sisters bike.
PhoenixGirlie is offline  
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Ah, that's actually funny cause I found out that my sister just got a 2005 GMC Yukon for like 25K+ and it's going to sit in the driveway cause she don't wanna put more than like 200miles on it a month!
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 03:42 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
Ah, that's actually funny cause I found out that my sister just got a 2005 GMC Yukon for like 25K+ and it's going to sit in the driveway cause she don't wanna put more than like 200miles on it a month!
riiight cause that would take time away from her couch surfing.
PhoenixGirlie is offline  
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 07:52 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGirlie
Isnt the speed limit on the highway about 65 or so? You need to keep it about there..
No F'in way!!!

Graff...you should know the speed it comes on!! You should just know the approx RPM it comes on... who cares about the speed!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome