Jury Duty - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
Jury Duty

Hey Guys...sorry I haven't been posting my usual insane and useless news stories, but I spent Thursday and Friday serving my community on Jury Duty.
It was a real winner of a case too. I sat on a panel that decided the fate of a 23 year old man who was charged in a 10 count indicment. 1 count of DUI manslaughter and 9 counts of DUI causing bodily injury/property damage to another...But I will be back on Monday and this case will be a lead story...
bumblebee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Ace
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,006
You know (and I may need to knock on wood) but in 28 years, never have I been called to Jury duty. My wife and many friends have, but never me. Hope it stays that way. lol
Ace is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 07:51 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
You know (and I may need to knock on wood) but in 28 years, never have I been called to Jury duty. My wife and many friends have, but never me. Hope it stays that way. lol

You just jinxed yourself Ace. Ha ha ha ha..See, I'm NEVER gonna get jury duty, well, I never registered to vote so they can't give it to me. Although it does stink cause I can't say anything about who's in office though. I still have my opinions though. Maybe when a woman runs for president, I'll register to vote. (NOT LIKELY THOUGH, I'll probably leave the US and go to Austrailia or Europe!)
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 09:28 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 25
ive never been called for jury duty either
kinda feel left out on that

they would enjoy my wonder insight
chilly is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 09:35 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
If I got called to jury duty, I'd want to be on a murder case cause I'd say "Let's shoot him or have a public execution to show others what happens!"
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
If I got called to jury duty, I'd want to be on a murder case cause I'd say "Let's shoot him or have a public execution to show others what happens!"
That's what you tell them to get out of it.

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 10:54 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84
That's what you tell them to get out of it.

, sister had jury duty. She said she is gonna go to the court and be like, "I can't pull it cause I don't have anyone to watch my daughter." (mind you the court has a daycare center in it!)

I tried to tell her that they aren't going to give a shiot, then she said that she is going to walk out. I said, that's a great idea, then the cops will probably come to your house and arrest you. She's not too intelligent!
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:11 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
You just jinxed yourself Ace. Ha ha ha ha..See, I'm NEVER gonna get jury duty, well, I never registered to vote so they can't give it to me. Although it does stink cause I can't say anything about who's in office though. I still have my opinions though. Maybe when a woman runs for president, I'll register to vote. (NOT LIKELY THOUGH, I'll probably leave the US and go to Austrailia or Europe!)
Alot of states are randomly going by your drivers license number now regardless if you are a registered voter. just a heads up.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:13 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVupON1
Alot of states are randomly going by your drivers license number now regardless if you are a registered voter. just a heads up.

Yeah, I know. But I'm a "Colorado Licensed Driver" and living in Texas, so I don't think that's gonna happen unless they want to pay to have me drive back up there!
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:17 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
Yeah, I know. But I'm a "Colorado Licensed Driver" and living in Texas, so I don't think that's gonna happen unless they want to pay to have me drive back up there!
Being in the Military you can get out of it. My dad was in for 27 years, and he always got out of it.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:19 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVupON1
Being in the Military you can get out of it. My dad was in for 27 years, and he always got out of it.

Not military anymore. Got discharged due to 4 buldging discs in the lower 1/4 of my spine, tendonitis in both shoulders and elbows, bad knees and chronic shin splints in both shins. Oh yeah, and 95% nerve loss in the right leg (thank god it's just the rear brake side, though I was thinkin' about moving it to a thumb brake just incase)

Like when I kneel on the ground, I feel things in my back moving.
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:22 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
Not military anymore. Got discharged due to 4 buldging discs in the lower 1/4 of my spine, tendonitis in both shoulders and elbows, bad knees and chronic shin splints in both shins. Oh yeah, and 95% nerve loss in the right leg (thank god it's just the rear brake side, though I was thinkin' about moving it to a thumb brake just incase)

Like when I kneel on the ground, I feel things in my back moving.
That's gotta suck! I still have all my vehicles, and licence registered in KY, I know it will catch up to me soon I'll have to convert everything over to PA.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:26 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVupON1
That's gotta suck! I still have all my vehicles, and licence registered in KY, I know it will catch up to me soon I'll have to convert everything over to PA.

No you don't have to.

I have a license from CO, Registration in CO and texas insurance. I'd have my NY license but can't get there for a picture. It don't matter where your stuff is as long as it is current and valid. Trust me on that one.
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:30 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
No you don't have to.

I have a license from CO, Registration in CO and texas insurance. I'd have my NY license but can't get there for a picture. It don't matter where your stuff is as long as it is current and valid. Trust me on that one.
whenever i move from state to state, they always collect my old license. all your stuff should match also DL, reg, and ins.

USAA thinks my car is in PA with me, but its not, its still in KY.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:42 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVupON1
whenever i move from state to state, they always collect my old license. all your stuff should match also DL, reg, and ins.

USAA thinks my car is in PA with me, but its not, its still in KY.

1. Not a law requiring that you must have everything matching. Well, one that I know of anyways.

2. You only turn in your license if you are going to claim that state as your residency, but there is no need if you are just going to live there and claim a different state as your residency.

I know many people who claim Texas as a residency cause there is no income tax paid, but they have plates from like Alaska and insurance from like Cali or some place else.
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 04:01 AM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
You need a po box or regular place to send mail to claim residence.

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Ace
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
Yeah, I know. But I'm a "Colorado Licensed Driver" and living in Texas, so I don't think that's gonna happen unless they want to pay to have me drive back up there!

Be careful posessing a out of state license when your residence is in Texas. My buddy lives in Austin, he had a Michigan license for first 2 years in Texas, yet his residency was in Austin. Wel eventually caught up to him and his insurance was giving him a problem stating they did not want to insure a driver with a Michigan license so he would have to get insurance in Michigan. Which then posed a problem for getting Texas plates and tabs. It was a mess, so ended up just getting a Texas ID. Yet funny thing is he still keeps his original Cell phone number which is a Michigan number, and he has lived in texas for over 4 years now.
Ace is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 12:29 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
I believe it is illigal to not change your DL address after 7days of your move!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Ace
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
I believe it is illigal to not change your DL address after 7days of your move!
7 is pretty short. I believe its like 30 or 45. Either wya why keep a license from another state anyways. Would just think that would cause more issues if you get pulled over etc. Always looking to give the out of state A holes problems and tickets.
Ace is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 01:29 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
My license and registration for bike and car are in Colorado. I use my sister's address as a "place of residency" in Colorado so I'm good. Insurance is hella cheaper in Colorado than Texas. Getting pulled over, nah, not a problem. The cops that I've dealt with haven't given me any tickets cause I well, don't really know. Guess they figure that since I'm outa state, there ain't a reason for it or something odd like that. I usually say, "Can I plead not guilty and do so via mail?"
Grafixx01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome